Ancient textual evidence for planetary catastrophe?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Grey Cloud

Re: Ancient textual evidence for planetary catastrophe?

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:59 am

soulsurvivor wrote:Making a seat within for your soul - that's the only instruction needed to understand direction of vision.
Hi Soulsurvivor,
Nice to see you back.
Any advice on how to do this would be gratefully and humbly received.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

soulsurvivor

Unread post by soulsurvivor » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:48 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:
soulsurvivor wrote:Making a seat within for your soul - that's the only instruction needed to understand direction of vision.
Hi Soulsurvivor,
Nice to see you back.
:) I wouldn't be the authority. You would. For your inside self is your authority. For me, it was a new way of looking at reality, through the eyes of inside self. You see through all the veils then. That you manage to do this and still retain deep love and gratitude for all existence is the mystery of it all. Gradually, you understand that inside self is the pinnacle of love; a love not easily explained in this reality because so many of the definitions we've come to associate with love are not accurate or encompassing enough in a universal sense. It's beyond the physical emotion of love going further into the love and deep appreciation of all life and existence, yet maintaining a singular vision/focus that comes through your own inner eye, as though you are looking on all you've created and you've done well. All conscious thought desires individual expression. All is possible from within. When physical body and inner self are in alignment, bliss doesn't even come close to describing the experience. It's beyond even that. It's a love that you first understand is your self. You feel it first for you. In this reality, it's labeled as being as Narcissus and in love with "reflection". Again, the definition is off by just a hair, enough to alter pathways seeking guidance toward self truth.

:) But you know all this already! Grey Cloud, I've really enjoyed reading your insightful summaries on ancient literature. I'm in awe of your vast amount of knowledge. Thank you for sharing.

soulsurvivor

Unread post by soulsurvivor » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:14 pm

My apologies Grey Cloud, for I still didn't answer your request. I know what my surrounding circumstances were in 1997 and that I emerged from a life-threatening situation with a new reality. But in the years since, I haven't been able to recreate that reality for myself. I honestly grieve that daily. I have to think that I will somehow have to get past my grief to ever have a chance again in this lifetime to create that perfect reality. Easier said than done, considering that physical circumstances are declining along with age increase. And so many that I know and love are in grief. This is a negative extreme controlled reality. Even with the understanding and prior experience/memories of self-created reality, it's seemingly impossible at this point for me to do it again.

Somehow, semi-isolation helps. Block the negative. Create your perfect fairy tale within and attribute everything to its continuance. Love and care about yourself to the point that you know that you're especially worthy. Again, no negative comparsions are needed. Stand in the full sun, unclothed if possible, and raise your palms to the sun. Soak in as much daily sunlight as possible. Sleep in the sun. Pamper yourself. Provide yourself comfort. Eat natural foods.

Have to add this: In the hospital, the fairy tale was within for about 3 to 4 weeks. On returning home, the sun rituals and specific diet were added. It was about another 2 weeks until physical reality began to change and align with inner eye.

Hope this helps.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi Soulsurvivor,
Thank you for the thoughtful and thought-provoking reply. You are correct that I know the answer but there is something within me which baulks at the doing. I'm not sure what it is, whether it is Me or the Minotaur. If it's the Minotaur it shouldn't be a problem as I've defeated him several times. I think I'll go back to my alchemy books as that is what my intuition has been telling me for several weeks.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

mague

Unread post by mague » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:07 am

Grey Cloud wrote:
Hi Soulsurvivor,
Nice to see you back.
Its easy to say that when you are female with a 28day-cyclotronic build in ;).

Ofc. males can sit back into their soul too. But not when it is about the moon-cyle witchcraft. Females master that naturally while men have to train it. I am a bit lazy, thats why i am not a witcher :P

soulsurvivor

Unread post by soulsurvivor » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:12 am

Each of us is both male/female. Ignore the battle, for it's the lie. Accept the blending of the two to become one.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:55 am

The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

flyingcloud

Unread post by flyingcloud » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:37 am

and I thought it may be a good resource for the relationship for the greek gods and their offspring never saw a family tree of greek gods and found it interesting and possibly pertinent to identifying other potential stories that may have been overlooked or too obscure to be included in most maistream mythology. sorry if it was not inspiring.

NamuNamuNamu

Unread post by NamuNamuNamu » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:39 am

Hi humans ! :)

My first post here .) I have been reading this forum for some time and I enjoy it much. :ugeek:

I found this article http://gchbryant.tripod.com/Articles/darkages0999.htm --
about dark ages in history , and it reads as quite relevant to this topic.

An excerpt
:" Mike Baillie is Professor of Palaeoecology at Queens University, Belfast, Northern Ireland. He is an authority on tree rings and their use in dating ancient events (every year, a tree adds a "ring" to its trunk as it grows - good years are represented by thick rings while bad years are represented by thin rings). He conducted a complete (and continuous) review of annual global tree growth patterns over the last 5,000 years and found that there were five major environmental shocks that were witnessed worldwide. These shocks were reflected in the ring widths being very thin. Wanting to know more, he turned to human historical records, and found that the years in question (between 2354 and 2345 BC, 1628 and 1623 BC, 1159 and 1141 BC, 208 and 204 BC, and AD 536 and 545) all corresponded with "dark ages" in civilisation.

The minimal growth of trees around 2350 BC has been associated in the past with the eruption of a volcano in Iceland. Yet, the period in question is also associated with floods, the creation of new lakes, and even the start of Chinese history. Furthermore, Marie-Agnes Courty, an archaeologist from France, has claimed new data regarding a catastrophe said to have occurred in the Middle East. Samples from three separate regions all appear to contain a calcite material found only in meteorites, and analysis of debris show what seems to be a combination of "a burnt surface horizon and air blast."

Indeed, some 40 cities throughout North Africa, the Middle East, Europe, and Asia are thought to have been devastated, or even disappeared, about the same time in a series of catastrophes.

The twelfth century BC is associated with the "Greek Dark Ages", the end of the Hittite civilisation in the Near East, the end of Bronze Age Israel, and the end of the Bronze Age Shang dynasty in China. Ancient Chinese history has the notion of "mandate from heaven", where the rulers were essentially subject to the whims of the sky above. Strange sights in the sky would not be seen as good news for Chinese Emperors. Indeed, around this time, Chinese records speak of :
"...many gods and spirits were annihilated in this battle, and several stellar dignitaries were replaced by newcomers to the celestial domains."

What could cause such global shocks? A likely answer, which has a good fit to the evidence, was what the European and Chinese observers described at the time as "dragons in the sky" - comets! We're not talking about an intact large comet (if that had hit in the last several millennia, we would not be here today), but rather fragments from a disintegrating comet or asteroid (small pieces like that which hit Tunguska in 1908). These would throw up dust that would envelope the world and dim our view of the Sun and skies.

All this sounds like an interesting theory, but is there any evidence "above us" that fits in with the scenario. How do we account for so many impacts over the last several millennia when the consensus today in astronomy is that impacts causing global consequences (mild as well as major) are very rare?"

OoOoOoO
Curious?!

Read on,,,, : 8-)

moses

Unread post by moses » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:43 pm

>Wanting to know more, he turned to human historical records,
>and found that the years in question (between 2354 and 2345 BC,
>1628 and 1623 BC, 1159 and 1141 BC, 208 and 204 BC, and AD 536
>and 545) all corresponded with "dark ages" in civilisation.
>NamuNamuNamu

Have you read any of Jno Cook ? : http://saturniancosmology.org/
His dates are interestingly close to some of these.
Mo
PS - oh yeh, and welcome to the forum.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:33 pm

flyingcloud wrote:and I thought it may be a good resource for the relationship for the greek gods and their offspring never saw a family tree of greek gods and found it interesting and possibly pertinent to identifying other potential stories that may have been overlooked or too obscure to be included in most maistream mythology. sorry if it was not inspiring.
Hello Cloud brother,
Sorry if I was a tad dismissive of your post but family trees of Greek gods are not that rare. Family trees are not must use in any case, as there are usually varying accounts in the ancient sources as to who actually begat who. The wiki articel uses a mix of Greek and Latin names and doesn't give the meanings of the names. The meaning of the names is a major help.

A belated welcome and sorry for the delay in replying.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:27 am

HiHiHi NamuNamuNamu and welcome aboard,
Interesting article with some interesting dates, especially as they are so specific.
I've just finished reading this:
http://www.spirasolaris.ca/sbb4g1.html (Very large and most excellent site).
You asked:
All this sounds like an interesting theory, but is there any evidence "above us" that fits in with the scenario. How do we account for so many impacts over the last several millennia when the consensus today in astronomy is that impacts causing global consequences (mild as well as major) are very rare?"
The answers to those questions are for another thread methinks.

P.S. One of my daughters is at Queen's reading Politics.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:34 am

Hi Mo,
Cook's site is crap. This can be ascertained from the opening lines on the main page:
".. a large planet stood above the North Pole for a very long time."

That fact is certain; and that is what this site is about.
That 'fact' is not only not certain, it is not even remotely close to being probable.
And yes, I have read all of Cook's site
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:18 am

Cook's site apparently said:
".. a large planet stood above the North Pole for a very long time."
That fact is certain; and that is what this site is about.

Grey Cloud replied:
That 'fact' is not only not certain, it is not even remotely close to being probable.
And yes, I have read all of Cook's site

Although Cook's site seems to contain some Velikovskian ideas that others have since discarded, if you believe Cook's statement above is impossible, then you're on the wrong forum, because that's exactly what the team of authors who started this forum and website have discovered to be very probably true. They believe it for 2 reasons: 1. the ancients the world over said very clearly that that was the case and that the planet that was seen there stationary, but eventually rotating, for centuries, if not millennia, was Saturn, meaning Earth was a moon of Saturn; 2. the major force in the universe is the electrical force, rather than gravity, and that's why the Earth, Mars and Venus could have, and most probably were, aligned along Saturn's south polar axis during that time.

I know you've been around here quite a while, so it's amazing if you haven't heard this before. The TPODs are constantly showing vivid evidence of electrical phenomena in the universe and throughout the Solar System, as well as on the Earth. The planets and moons are covered with electrical scars. Velikovsky first suspected that the planets are charged, when he read in myths about the thunderbolts of the gods and he considered the gods to mean planets for the most part. If the gods, i.e. planets, occasionally hurled lightning bolts at each other and the Earth, that would certainly suggest that they were discharging electrically. Numerous scientists have suspected that the universe is considerably electrified for the past 50 years or more and some plasma physicists consider the a polar alignment of electrified planets as entirely possible. Cardona, Talbott and other authors have also found that the descriptions the ancients left of events strongly suggest that the Saturn system originated outside the Solar System and slowly merged with it over centuries. And this occurred between 5 and 10 thousand years ago or so.