Carolina Bays, plasma strikes on the NA ice sheet?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Carolina Bays, plasma strikes on the NA ice sheet?

Unread postby Open Mind » Sun May 12, 2019 6:25 pm

The Carolina Bays are an interesting and curious formation of thousands of oval shaped craters, all with very similar aspect ratio's as well as similar alignment in their long axis. They are no longer actual depressions as you might expect with a crater as they have filled in with stratified layers of earth, silt, clay, etc. But they are mostly all still visible in their outlines from above. One of the most intriguing things about them is that their allignments all seem to converge to a few close points around the great lakes. There are also similar formations in Nebraska that also have a converging allignemt of long axis of their similar oval shapes that point to the same general area as well as being relatively the same distance from this point of convergence as the Carolina Bays. Its very interesting.

So it has been discussed that they could be impact craters from huge chunks of ice from the ice sheet on North America that may have been thrown up from impact sites. Various aspects of these bays seem to substantiate this scenario but I've been curious about it.

When I look at the aspect ratio of the oval shapes, I suspect they would reveal a good clue as to the parabolic trajectory those ice chunks took and while not being able to be accurate, I can presume that trajectory implies a fairly high parabola implying a relatively steep initial launch trajectory. I might even suggest it appears to be at least 45 degrees or more on the impact end of the trajectory based on the oval aspect ratios, which implies a similar launch trajectory.

Then I look at a simple diagram of varying different kinds of impact craters like this one:

If I imagine the ice being thrown up matching the presumed trajectories necessary to make those bays, it appears to imply an aspect ratio of a source impact crater in the ice sheet that would have to be very small if it would only be as deep as the low density ice sheet of conservatively 2 miles thick, because there is no evidence of an actual impact crater at the source area where the bay lines converge.

And considering the size of these bays, it implies some pretty huge ice chunks being thrown extremely far, so that all doesn't seem to jive to me.

But if it wasn't a comet impact, but some kind of electrical strike of some kind discussed here, I'm curious to understand how that would work? With my limited understanding of these huge plasma scaring strikes, if I imagine it to be like a huge lightning strike, I wonder if it would penetrate the ice sheet and have an activation point of extreme heat on contact with the actual earth beneath the ice. If this were the case then it seems that the ice sheet would have a reaction of immediate rapid vaporization from underneath the ice sheet which could explain how huge ice chunks could both be launched up at that trajectory, as well as maintaining their huge size, because if there was a rapid expansion of vaporized water under the ice sheet, it would effectively create a uniform broad upward force that perhaps a bit further out from the epicenter, could possibly allow a uniformity of huge pieces of ice to remain in tact on the start of their trajectory.

If anyone comprehends what I'm trying to explore here and can connect some dots for me on the plasma earth strike model when hitting ice sheets, it would be very interesting to understand it better. Cheers.
Open Mind

Re: Carolina Bays, plasma strikes on the NA ice sheet?

Unread postby Younger Dryas » Mon May 13, 2019 8:15 am

I accept the Carolina Bays as mud ball/frisbee landing marks (Firestone, West, and Warwick-Smith will suggest something very close to that) I do not accept the invention of a NA Ice Sheet to account for the dispersal of material deposits over vast distances. The ice is a cover-up :)

The presence of charged Bentonite Clay (what allows for sand castles), would certainly be helpful in maintaining a plasticity of the ejected material.

Hope this was helpful!
"I decided to believe, as you might decide to take
an aspirin: It can't hurt, and you might get better."
-- Umberto Eco Foucault's Pendulum (1988)
Younger Dryas

Unread postby ja7tdo » Mon May 13, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi,

The round holes in Carolina Bays are the discharge marks from the inside created during the expansion of Earth.
There are many similar holes in the Arctic Circle.

The Earth expands during the ice age.
https://etherealmatters.org/article/ear ... ng-ice-age

Discharge from the inside of the crust makes a crater.
https://etherealmatters.org/article/sib ... arge-crust
ja7tdo

Unread postby johnm33 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:51 am

I think these were created at a time the planet stopped rotating and it's orbit closer to the sun was being 'usurped' by Venus. Thus you have the kinetic energy of rotation and the sudden loss of up to 35kmps orbital speed all expressed as heat all the elements would react according to their specific heat and the effect would pervade the whole planet. Thus even from a cold start all the heavy elements would melt, if they catalysed reaction with their neighbouring atoms add in the heat from that, all sorts of ore bodies pipes breccias and volcanoes would form. water would remain cool partly because it's hydrogen elements mean it takes an enourmous amount of energy to raise its temperature but also because its free to move. Ice on the other hand would be stuck and as the planets surface heated, very suddenly, steam explosions at its base would liberate vast quantities into the atmosphere. The huge copper ore body surfacing by Lake Superior may well have aligned any electrical event to its locality and any current may have been running through the surface away from/towards it.
johnm33

Return to New Insights and Mad Ideas