[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1056: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Thunderbolts Forum • View topic - Magnetic Reconnection

Magnetic Reconnection

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: Magnetic Reconnection

Unread postby verisimilitude » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:42 pm

Just when I throw my hands up in the air, I come across another NASA article on MR that conforms to EU theory. This one is even more overt in it's similarities - but instead of dealing with the Sun, it involves the solar wind interacting with the Earth's magnetosphere. They even have a model (in GIF form) of diocotron instabilities and use these to support their claims of MR. So now we have observational evidence for DI on Jupiter, at Saturn's polar vortex, NASA models at the Earth's Magnetosphere, and there were some very old TPOD articles that referenced the instabilities in solar filaments that extend out into the suns corona. The facts are becoming increasingly difficult to ignore.

Again, the main differences are mainly semantic - yes a few sentences are clearly LCDM dogma. But for the most part, altering a few words would in no way change the meaning or the definition of the process. The changes would simply acknowledge the role of EM.

They maintain the solar wind is charged particles. They maintain a shear force instability between the solar wind and the magnetosphere. The main issue is that after acknowledging the particles are charged, they then describe this instability in terms of oppositely moving neutral gases (Kelvin Helmholtz waves) and not oppositely moving plasmas (diocotron instabilities).

Twenty years ago NASA would never have printed this, let alone doing so with such indirect reference to electromagnetism. This actually gives me hope that LCDM/EU reconciliation of MR is something that can happen. In my lifetime. Amazing.

I hope this is not simply confirmation bias - that I am seeing what I want to see when I want to see it.

Cheers
verisimilitude

Unread postby Michael Mozina » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:55 pm

Michael Mozina

Unread postby Zyxzevn » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:19 am

Is this what NASA calls "magnetic ropes" or "magnetic flux lines" ?

More ** from zyxzevn at: and
Zyxzevn

Unread postby Michael Mozina » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:20 am

Last edited by Michael Mozina on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Michael Mozina

Unread postby Zyxzevn » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:43 am

Zyxzevn

Unread postby Michael Mozina » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:55 pm

FYI verisimilitude, I uploaded a Helioviewer movie that I made of a couple of sunspots to show you what I mean about sunspot umbras and their polarity. I overlaid a HMI continuum image so you can (barely) see the two umbras of the two sunspots, along with a magnetogram image so that you can see the black/white color overlay from that image, and a 131 AIA image in blue which shows the coronal loop activity in the region of the sunspots:

http://www.etwebsite.com/sdo/2011_10_13 ... Mag-hq.mp4

As you can see in the composite image, the sunspot umbra on the left has the opposite magnetic field polarity from the one on the right, and the coronal loop bundles are flowing from one umbra to the other. The direction of the flow of electrical current through the coronal loops dictates the polarity alignments in the umbra regions, and the umbra regions are areas of massive coronal loop activity due to charge separation in those regions.

IMO the coronal loops are actually originating from a deeper, more rigid layer of the solar atmosphere. By "rigid", I mean it's probably a solid surface IMO, but it could simply be a layer of more dense plasma. Whatever it's made of, it rotates evenly, unlike structures in the photosphere which to come and go in about 10-minute intervals and which rotate unevenly. That whole "rigid" layer rotates evenly in running difference iron ion wavelengths like this RD 131A image:

http://www.etwebsite.com/sdo/2011_10_13 ... 131-hq.mp4

IMO the "rigid surface" is charged differently in different locations and the coronal loops originate at the surface of that rigid layer. Only the largest coronal loops come up and through the surface of the photosphere, and they leave their magnetic field signatures on the surface of the photosphere. As I mentioned, if you overlay 1600A and magnetogram images, you'll notice that the "hot spots" (brighter regions) in 1600A are correlated to the strong magnetic field signatures in magnetogram images. Those hot spots in 1600A also correlate to the larger coronal loop layouts. It's the heat of the coronal loop that leaves hot spots on the 1600A and 1700A images, and the current flowing through those loops also generates the magnetic field signatures in magnetogram images. If you overlay a 1600A, magnetogram and 131A for some period of time, you can observe those correlations quite easily and without exception.

The mainstream has the false impression that the footprints of coronal loops can only be seen in the "transition region" between the chromosphere and the corona, whereas in reality the footprints of coronal loops are visible below the surface of the photosphere. They are located under the photosphere IMO, at least in face on images.

Limb images however tend to give the (false) impression that there's a "transition region" above the photosphere, but that's actually an optical illusion that is caused by the absorption of those wavelength's along the limb where the light has to penetrate much more atmospheric plasma. In "face on" images however, the coronal loop footprints are originating below the surface of the photosphere, on the "rigid' layer beneath the photosphere.

In this composite 171A Trace (in blue) and Yohkoh x-ray (in yellow) image, you can see that the blue areas of the coronal loops descend much further into the solar atmosphere than the x-ray emitting 'tops" of the coronal loops which are located in the corona and are only visible in the corona. The x-rays from the loops are absorbed in the chromosphere and photosphere, but the 171A wavelengths are not as easily absorbed and are visible under the surface of the photosphere.

In virtually every respect Birkeland's terella experiment is identical to what we observe in the solar atmosphere, including the heating of the corona by the current flow through the corona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m58-CfVrsN4

When Birkeland introduced an electromagnetic field inside the solar terella he was able to create coronal loops which essentially followed the magnetic field lines of the internal field. By using a 'rough' surface he noticed that the coronal loops would tend to concentrate at the tops of the bumps on the terella. The same is true in solar activity. The footprints of the coronal loops are fixed to "rigid" surface points and they tend to concentrate on the "bumps"of the rigid surface.

Sunspots have no set polarity or charge, negative/positive/N/S alignments because it's the flow of current inside coronal loops that dictate those N/S alignments, and the charge separation is actually occurring on the rigid surface below the photosphere.

As "weird" as these ideas might sound to you, they all jive perfectly with every SDO image, and every other satellite image of the sun.

Coronal loops are simply current carrying plasma threads, aka "magnetic ropes" which originate on the rigid surface and return back to the rigid surface below the photophere. The larger loops traverse the surface of the photosphere and leave their heat and magnetic field signatures on the surface of the photosphere as we see in magnetogram and 1600A images. The smaller loops never rise high enough into the atmosphere to cross the surface of the photosphere which is why we only observe strong N/S field alignments in magnetogram images near the largest loops, and not over the whole surface.

Birkeland knew more about solar physics 100 years ago than mainstream astronomers know to this day. He would have *easily* been able to explain how SDO images work, whereas the mainstream still struggles to explain them. In fact they still can't seem to explain the heat source of the corona, which is completely *obvious* to anyone who embraces Birkeland's solar model.

Virtually all these same layouts and explanations would apply to an anode Juergen's model too, but the solar wind direction and content tends to favor a rigid cathode surface rather than an anode surface IMO.
Last edited by Michael Mozina on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael Mozina

Unread postby Michael Mozina » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:15 pm

Michael Mozina

Unread postby Zyxzevn » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:32 pm

Zyxzevn

Unread postby verisimilitude » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:01 pm

verisimilitude

Unread postby verisimilitude » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:05 pm

verisimilitude

Unread postby Michael Mozina » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:45 am

Last edited by Michael Mozina on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Mozina

Unread postby Michael Mozina » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:55 am

Michael Mozina

Unread postby verisimilitude » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:15 am

Ultimately, I can understand Birkeland currents into/out of the poles, but I struggle to rationalize them being *all over* the solar surface, so I endeavor to find plausible explanations based on all the data I can find ran through all the thought experiments I can muster.

So, yeah, it's my own personal failing. Thank you for being kind.

Cheers.
verisimilitude

Unread postby verisimilitude » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:42 am

I was a Standard Model believer until I came across the Magnetar. It was then when I finally realized the disconnect from Electro and Magnetism was fatal to their system. The next step that pushed me further away was when I started reading about Kelvin–Helmholtz instabilities - using shear forces between neutral gases/liquids to explain electromagnetic events. Then, I found the work of Anthony Peratt and Dr. Scott. While I do not subscribe to their systems, in general, and EU in particular, many aspects of it make complete sense.

The aspects that make the most sense are those that explain Standard Model ideas in EM terminology, and vice versa. Peratt's work with plasma showed me that Kelvin–Helmholtz, when applied to charged matter, is actually Diocotron Instability. And it's everywhere in the cosmos.

This little NASA video shows what I am talking about - - It's deliberately cued up to the "Standard" description of the issue. Skip to 1:40 if you just want the goods.

Now go back to that first video you posted for me - -

To the lower left of the Right-Hand hole, notice a small black blob appears and grows throughout the video, until the very end when it breaks into three parts. That *appears* (it's a short video playing extremely fast) to be the beginnings of very small scale version of what is shown in the NASA video.

I cannot state it enough (being an academic skeptic and all) - I am not arguing this *is* the process (your multi-layer approach is much closer IMO) but what I *am* arguing is that as these instabilities grow they lead to what the EM-deniers call "MR." If I could prove it, I would. Until then, I theorize it.

Of course I can read your subtext - I am wrong and do not know what I am talking about. I can respect that. And I am okay with that. Thinking about life, the universe and everything keeps me going.

Cheers.
verisimilitude

Unread postby Michael Mozina » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:14 pm

Michael Mozina

PreviousNext

Return to Electric Universe