Time dilation

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Royboy

Time dilation

Unread post by Royboy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Recently I joined 'Quora.com'. A lot of morons there ask inane questions about 'black holes'. I usually answer, 'Black holes' don't exist, they are mathematical inventions made up to support an ailing BB theory. Then I post the link to the EU website.
A lot of answers came from Phds who go into great detail about relativity quoting abstract equations and all their Einsteinian rubbish.
I thought I'd put them to a test. I asked ' Has time dilation been observed and measured ?' Not one answer from any Phds or other 'scientists' . One moron must have copied and pasted the Lorentz transformations. and told me it's a proof. My reply 'Bullshit' , that's just mathematical rubbish. Then another said GPS systems use time dilation to accurately pinpoint a position. I looked up GPS and found that it uses 3 or 4 satellites to 'triangulate' positions.
Then another assured me that if you had two clocks and put one aboard an aeroplane, sent it around the world it would show a different time when put back with the other one.
So I thought about clocks in space. The Apollo missions. https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/2493 ... ace-tavel/
Basically it was not worth worrying about. 4.9 x 10 to the power of 12 of a second.
So I conclude that time dilation is another figment of Einstein's imagination.

lw1990

Re: Time dilation

Unread post by lw1990 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:19 am

Why is this in new insights and mad ideas section? Did you post it here or was it moved here?
Time dilation is irrational even to orthodox physics, time is a measurement, like distance. There's no 'distance dilation' nor 'time dilation'. That would be like saying pi = 4 instead of 3.14, yet using both values in the same equation, it makes no sense to change intangible things as if they were interactive.

Time dilation effects may be real, but time is not what is changing. From the time dilation wikipedia
Clocks on the Space Shuttle run slightly slower than reference clocks on Earth, while clocks on GPS and Galileo satellites run slightly faster.[1] Such time dilation has been repeatedly demonstrated (see experimental confirmation below), for instance by small disparities in atomic clocks on Earth and in space, even though both clocks work perfectly (it is not a mechanical malfunction). The nature of spacetime is such that time measured along different trajectories is affected by differences in either gravity or velocity – each of which affects time in different ways.[2][3]
What is actually going on is that something tangible mechanically causes the clock in space vs the clock on earth to operate at a different speed. Time itself cannot possibly be the culprit, as time is an inert measurement, like distance. If one gear in one clock moves faster than another gear in another clock - something physical causes this.

Likewise, in the other wikipedia example:
In theory, and to make a clearer example, time dilation could affect planned meetings for astronauts with advanced technologies and greater travel speeds. The astronauts would have to set their clocks to count exactly 80 days, whereas mission control – back on Earth – might need to count 81 days. The astronauts would return to Earth, after their mission, having aged one day less than the people staying on Earth. What is more, the local experience of time passing never actually changes for anyone. In other words, the astronauts on the ship as well as the mission control crew on Earth each feel normal, despite the effects of time dilation (i.e. to the traveling party, those stationary are living "faster"; while to those who stood still, their counterparts in motion live "slower" at any given moment).
In this case, an astronaut may actually have undergone more cellular aging than he would have if he stayed on earth, so he may actually be 'more aged' than he would have otherwise been on earth, but this has nothing to do with time, what happens is some physical phenomenon causes every atom to speed up slightly in outerspace compared to on earth.

Orthodox science has a nasty habit of dealing with we have no current answer for why something happens by instead saying intangible variable like time changes so our current math can still 'work' on paper.

The fact that some group chose time as a variable that changes in outerspace relative to a dense planet instead of particle/wave speed demonstrates their complete lack of a hold on reality.

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:37 am

Time =gravity.
Alter either, alter the other.
Kevin

lw1990

Unread post by lw1990 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:40 am

That claim has no supporting evidence, kevin, I don't mean a research paper or anything, I mean even a hint of a reason behind you saying that is missing, lol

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:16 am

Time is a repetitious measure of an interval of motion, like an inch is a repetitious measure of an interval of length. Exp: sunup to sunup, heart rate, new moon to new moon, etc....

prioris55555

Unread post by prioris55555 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:02 am

Time didn't change on space shuttle. Something effected the resonance of an atom which is separate from true time. That's all. Time is an artifact. I have always thought time dilation to be bs since I read about it in relativity over 35 years ago.

Time dilation = dark matter etc ... just another lie

Roshi

Unread post by Roshi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:34 am

jtb wrote:Time is a repetitious measure of an interval of motion, like an inch is a repetitious measure of an interval of length. Exp: sunup to sunup, heart rate, new moon to new moon, etc....
True. And what causes these phenomena? Is it "time" that makes the heart beat? Because that is what those people that say "time dilation" is real say, even if they don't know they are saying this. If time makes the heart beat faster or slower, depending on how "dilated" time is, then - what are those forces that time applies to the heart, or to the rotation of a planet? Universal forces, acting on everything? Nobody is searching for such forces. There are no forces of course, time just acts on things...

And we count and define time by measuring a cyclical phenomenon, all the while "time acts on the speed of the phenomenon", meaning - time acts on time, by "dilation", and we are in magic fairy land.

"Time" is just us counting it. There is no "time" as a force, driving the Universe forward. As I said here:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... 10&t=16118
There is past and present and future, but it's not "time" that moves and changes the world. There are millions of other causes.

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 am

lw1990 wrote:That claim has no supporting evidence, kevin, I don't mean a research paper or anything, I mean even a hint of a reason behind you saying that is missing, lol
Howdo?
I have had little time to reply living in Cropredy ,as I do.
fairport convention.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeZL2FXkGqI

That's sandy denny singing who knows where the time goes.

I would recommend a glance at what john Worrell Keely had to say about time=gravity.
Kevin

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:51 am

Sorry should have added a link.......
http://www.keelynet.com/time/tdilation.htm

Kevin

prioris55555

Unread post by prioris55555 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Keeley acted more like a con man. His life throws up a lot of red flags. He was very secretive right to the end. His view of time seems to match that. He had enough time and money in his life to produce something. He knew enough about physics to sell something. Eric Doddard doesn't think much of Keely either.

How could someone create a website of alternative science and base so much of it on Keeley. That website is trash.
When I came across that website 15 years ago, I was thinking it could be a disinformation website. I didn't have enough knowledge to make a clear judgement back then. I was very suspicious of the more prominent free energy people like Bedini and others since they would be the more likely plants to discredit free energy. So I never hd a warm and comfy feeling about keeleynet

Time dilation and Keeleynet can RIP

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:57 am

prioris55555 wrote:Keeley acted more like a con man. His life throws up a lot of red flags. He was very secretive right to the end. His view of time seems to match that. He had enough time and money in his life to produce something. He knew enough about physics to sell something. Eric Doddard doesn't think much of Keely either.

How could someone create a website of alternative science and base so much of it on Keeley. That website is trash.
When I came across that website 15 years ago, I was thinking it could be a disinformation website. I didn't have enough knowledge to make a clear judgement back then. I was very suspicious of the more prominent free energy people like Bedini and others since they would be the more likely plants to discredit free energy. So I never hd a warm and comfy feeling about keeleynet

Time dilation and Keeleynet can RIP
Welcome,
And thank You for Your opinion.
I will supply another fairport convention song to say my reply....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zemW2iUlYPU

kevin