What is CERN really all about ???

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

oz93666

What is CERN really all about ???

Unread post by oz93666 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:33 pm

When we think of cern , we think of the impact point , where the fast moving beam of particles impacts a stationary target, or a beam going in the other direction ... a bubble chamber shows us the products of the impacts ... We are lead to believe that accelerating these particles around and a round in the circular accelerator is not worth consideration , that a linear accelerator could have been used , if one could be built long enough....

But what if there's a hidden purpose , what if it's all about the charged particles going round and around the accelerator , this must generate a magnetic field coming out of what is effectively a coil of wire with a 8Km diameter , what strength would that have ?

comingfrom

Re: What is CERN really all about ???

Unread post by comingfrom » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:13 am

Hi oz. You are talking about the Large Hadron Collider, which is just one of many things CERN is doing, and it is 27km in diameter.
~Paul

EarthOrbitAsteroids

Unread post by EarthOrbitAsteroids » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:40 pm

Greetings Oz

Just a guess here but remember they want as much energy as possible transferred to accelerating the protons. After all this is a particle accelerator / 'Atom smasher'.

Normally magnetic field strength is calculated by the number of coils times the amount of current running through those coils in amps. In the case of a simple coil this is an easy calculation. In the case of the LHC we know that the total peak power input is around 12,000 amps but that is for all the superconducting magnets of which there are 1232 dipoles, 392 quadrupoles and 10,000 superconducting magnets in total. Not sure how that all works out to coil equivalents but remember these 'coils' are actually positioned at right angles to the main ring in order to accelerate the protons. They are relatively far apart and there would also be some degree of magnetic field cancellation through current eddies. This is the main magnetic force of the LHC and this is what you should be looking at. Frankly I wouldn't know where to begin but my gut instincts tell me it's not going to amount to much over 27 kilometers.

As for the magnetic field of the accelerated charge itself:

Each amp of course being equal to 6.242×10^18 protons per second. Since the particles make it to 11 km/sec less than the speed of light for the last part in the main ring it would be roughly 300,000/27 or 11,111 times per second. That would be the number of 'coils' traveled per second.

Remember that the extremely high 6.5 TeV (voltage) of each proton accelerated has nothing to do with the magnetic field strength itself other than being a direct product of it.

The amount of proton charge is 2,808 bundles X 115x10^9 as per Wiki. If I am right then the number of amps is only 3.22 x 10^14 / 6.242 x 10^18 so roughly 1/2 of 10^-4 amps or .0005 amps which is not much. When multiplied by the 11,111 potential coils a magnetic field strength of about 5 ampere-turns would result if all the protons were traveling in the same direction.

However half of this charge accelerates clockwise and half accelerates counter-clockwise which should cancel the field strength out to zero unless I am missing something like alternative magnetic configurations.

Great thought exercise Oz... Looking forward to getting completely eviscerated on this answer lol!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ampere
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ampere-turn

BTW I see that the 'cosmic wheel' (of Shiva in this case) is once again prominently displayed at CERN.
http://www.strangerdimensions.com/2014/ ... star-gate/

oz93666

Unread post by oz93666 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:45 am

comingfrom wrote:Hi oz. You are talking about the Large Hadron Collider, which is just one of many things CERN is doing, and it is 27km in diameter.
~Paul
The circumference is 27km ...that's about 8km dia ..

oz93666

Unread post by oz93666 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:00 am

EarthOrbitAsteroids wrote:Greetings Oz

However half of this charge accelerates clockwise and half accelerates counter-clockwise which should cancel the field strength out to zero unless I am missing something like alternative magnetic configurations.

Great thought exercise Oz... Looking forward to getting completely eviscerated on this answer lol!

BTW I see that the 'cosmic wheel' (of Shiva in this case) is once again prominently displayed at CERN.
http://www.strangerdimensions.com/2014/ ... star-gate/
Nice reply , E ... yes it seems the set up can have counter rotating beams , separated by a few centimeters inside the same tube , this would cancel out the field ..

I was just brainstorming ...alternate media is abuzz with suggestions there is another purpose for the lhc ...rumours fueled by the director of cern attending the upcoming bilderberg conference (very strange) .. if it does have another purpose it could have to do with the particles going round and around , as hinted at by the statue , the impacts just being a distraction.

Webbman

Unread post by Webbman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:53 pm

Seven
its all lies.

perpetual motion

Unread post by perpetual motion » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:01 pm

I would say that with the waist of monies that they put into that machine, that they are going
to come away empty handed. There is no way that they can come up with their known value
of an proton. Do they really think that they actually know the output of a proton. I myself do
not think that they do. You can not just pluck one them out of thin air and shoot it at something.
Do they actually know how small one of these little critters are? I don't think so.
Then they have another problem, they are trying (maybe) to figure out what makes the universe
tick using man made electricity, which will never happen. The universe runs on plasma just like
your car runs on gasoline.
CERN, hmmm big question there, for what it is really designed for.

lw1990

Unread post by lw1990 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:13 am

I can tell you that whatever nefarious or not purpose they built it for, they won't find anything useful from it, it's a huge waste of time and resources

the nature of things like the LHC is they have to keep their investors happy by saying they are on the brink of a big discovery or inflating their findings as being more meaningful than it really is, to save face

in all fairness though, I don't think they could have anticipated it would've been useless at the time they built it, it was a risk, just unfortunate there is not much to learn from banging particles together except how uninteresting particle collisions at that speed are