The recent "Fake News" propaganda

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Zyxzevn

The recent "Fake News" propaganda

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:07 pm

There is an attack on independent news going on, by falsely claiming that
these continuous publish "fake news".

Some of these sites spread alternative ideas on science.

I suspect that this propaganda can spread to alternative science sources.
That means that the Electric Universe may be on a fake-news / fake-science list.
More ** from zyxzevn at: Paradigm change and C@

Julian Braggins

Re: The recent "Fake News" propaganda

Unread post by Julian Braggins » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:24 am

Given the lack of trust in the Mainstream Media these days a list like that could backfire on those who wish to promote MSM as a reliable source, and I sincerely hope it does. To be on the list could even be seen as a badge of honour! :lol: :lol:

willendure

Unread post by willendure » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:49 am

The thought police are coming, with their War on Fake News. You bunch of deviant thought terrorists.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:09 am

I believe the troubling reports about "fake news" stories are good reason to discuss the situation, and to consider proper ways to limit these stories on social media sites.
The classic example of a limit on "free speech" is not being allowed to yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater. There might be some way to extend this to social media sites on the internet.
Although the ideas of E/U have been and are often labeled "pseudo science", I think the fear that we(EU) might be labeled "fake news" does not justify support for a complete disregard by social media of total false "news" items.
IMO,
Jack

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:28 am

This could be just the start, first they label things as fake news and later the sites no longer show up in google searches or something... so you only get the MSM view...

:evil: Be watchfull

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

Chromium6

Unread post by Chromium6 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:00 pm

Obama Quietly Signs The "Countering Disinformation And Propaganda Act" Into Law
"Our enemies are using foreign propaganda and disinformation against us and our allies, and so far the U.S. government has been asleep at the wheel. But today... with this bill now law, we are finally signaling that enough is enough; the United States will no longer sit on the sidelines. We are going to confront this threat head-on." - Sen. Rob Portman.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-2 ... da-act-law

Looks like crying over spilled milk with Wikileaks. Most Lawyers (e.g., Clintons/Obama/Senators) are very "tech" dumb. I believe in the First Amendment (human voice, digital, print) and Second Amendment. "Fake News" is just a scam IMHO. People appear to be learning too much outside the official "state approved" narratives -- the EU is definitely a part of that. Most of the MSM are losing market share and money big-time and want to call the new competition "fake" since it literally by-passes them from a twitter feed or blog.
On the Windhexe: ''An engineer could not have invented this,'' Winsness says. ''As an engineer, you don't try anything that's theoretically impossible.''

Chromium6

Unread post by Chromium6 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:37 pm

RT's account of "Fake News" (basically news not featured in the primarily American MSM stream). Basically after WMD "Facts" on micronized "Anthrax" from this MSM, I stopped believing any of it without a personal "Fact Check" on the B.S. Stream. Basically, believe your own powers of reasoning or believe a lie from the MSM. Fact Check the name "Dr. David Kelly" for any doubts:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... death.html
RT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgBei7T704o
On the Windhexe: ''An engineer could not have invented this,'' Winsness says. ''As an engineer, you don't try anything that's theoretically impossible.''

MrAmsterdam

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:03 am

Well maybe you're living in the times of the renaissance 2.0. The story telling is NOT done by a few story telling entities anymore. Mainstream stopped being mainstream, lots of other perspectives are on the foreground.
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Wed May 03, 2017 5:44 pm

This is a weird topic.
My limited experience with it is;
1) during the election some people posted "news" stories on the net
that had absolutely no basis in fact. These were labeled "fake news;"
correctly labeled IMO.
2) Now some people have labeled news as "fake" when they don't like it.
It has become a pejorative label.
3) Contrary to SOME posts on this topic, I don't think the EU community needs to become concerned
or involved in this at all.
Jack

Zyxzevn

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Mon May 08, 2017 7:02 pm

Some sites are already listed as fake news sites, because of alternative (scientific based) views
on Climate Change. Some EU-scientists promote the sun's effect on the climate,
so the EU might be listed too.

I found one scientists that ties to combat "fake science", which is currently related to click-bait science,
but can be extended to all alternative sciences too.

Some companies like Facebook and Google are working together with organisations that will
determine which sites or links should be marked as "fake news". These organisations are
likely to be company funded organisations (like NASA) and sceptics that promote the mainstream.
I won't be surprised that these organisations want to add the EU to the list.
These organisations already pushed the EU out of wikipedia.
More ** from zyxzevn at: Paradigm change and C@