Ice Age - EU practical experiment thought

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: Ice Age - EU practical experiment thought

Unread postby moses » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:20 pm

A very elliptical orbit might take many years.

We have provided evidence that strong electrical conditions affect the isotope ratios. I'm far too lazy to go through this again. But the dates provided over 5000 years ago are rubbish.
Cheers,
Mo
moses

Unread postby comingfrom » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:15 pm

Thanks Moses.

A very elliptical orbit might take many years.
That can't be, because a year is one orbit around the Sun.
I think what you meant is, an elliptical orbit might make a longer year.

But what are you suggesting?
One elliptical orbit happens every 100,000 years, and brings on an ice age?

We have provided evidence that strong electrical conditions affect the isotope ratios. I'm far too lazy to go through this again. But the dates provided over 5000 years ago are rubbish.
I'm skeptical too.
But even if we say plus or minus 50,000 thousand years, we're still left with a 50,000 to 150,000 year cycle.
Far too great a time span to be accounted by for by an elliptical orbit.

~Paul
comingfrom

Unread postby moses » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:05 pm

comingfrom,
Free yourself from the idea that lots of time was involved in the ice ages. Rather consider that the ice ages took a few hundred years or so. The creationists have produced abundant evidence that things could have happened very quickly.

Then that 100000 years of mainstream becomes one orbit around the Sun in a very elliptical orbit which would take a few of our present years.

Cheers,
Mo
moses

Unread postby allynh » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:40 pm

It seems the web page I linked to, up stream, is no longer available. But the pdf of the original article is.

The Coming Ice Age
allynh

Unread postby comingfrom » Mon May 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Thank you, Moses.

I'm trying it on, but the notion has problems.
A very elliptical orbit, at this distance from the Sun, may double or triple the length of a year.
Still, this would only effect a yearly cycle, though the year be somewhat longer.

An elliptical orbit of several hundreds of our current years would put the Earth out past Pluto, no matter what the average distance from the Sun.
And if the average distance was the same as our current distance, the perihelion would have been very close to the Sun.

Though I accept the onset of the ice ages could be rapid (the frozen Mammoths in Russia are evidence of that), and I accept the accepted dating may be way off, I still think we are looking at a thousands of years cycle.

I need more to convince me the orbit is the cause.
~Paul
comingfrom

Unread postby johnm33 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:54 am

If Velikovsky is right in his interpretation of the 'myths' and Venus was indeed born from the head of Zeus[jupiter?saturn?] and roamed free around the solar system, and when it approached the Earth the electrostatic[?] shock caused the planet to slow it's rotation, and if as in revelations when that happened the rivers grew hot etc. Then there would be enough heat generated to evaporate a huge amount of water from the rivers/lakes/sea, not to mention how much it would warm the deeper layers of the planet, tipping some areas of mantle or magma into a more fluid state. Then just as legends say the sea rose out of it's bed, and flooded both east and poleward, depending where it was it could flow at up to a large fraction of the rotational speed at the equator. In the indian ocean it would carry huge amounts of debris up onto the northern shores destroying any city or civilization for miles [100s] inland. In USAM the pacific would rise out of it's bed and rush north and east leaving all sorts of sea creatures and salt in it's wake, creating flooded landscapes on a massive scale. It would be similar in Europe.
Once the evaporation had happened the atmosphere would expand hugely, and vapour being less dense than air would rapidly rise up and surrender it's heat to space. At the poles water levels would rise rapidly maybe as much as 300m above normal and begin to overwhelm low lying lands carrying polar sea creatures far to the south in the arctic [stranding them in the ice in the south].
Then of course Venus passes on and the rate of spin begins to accelerate, now the cooled water driven north and the land it flows over rapidly drops in temperature and the further it's driven south across siberia and canada the faster it freezes. The few creatures able to swim are flash frozen the salt drops almost instantly out of the water forming vast deposits below the ice, then it starts to rain/snow as all the previously evapoated water begins to precipitate, and we are left with permafrost levelling the landscape for miles, even frozen waves of debris feilds forming mountain ranges which gradually enconcrete over the ages.
So we're left with a traumatised population, tales of floods everywhere, complete ice cover at both poles and frozen earth maybe as far as 30deg from the pole [60degN is about halfway to the equator in terms of rotational speed]
Did this happen more than twice?
http://www.global-greenhouse-warming.co ... frost.html
This link is a cross section of Greenland ice you'll have to 'correct/stretch' the perpective in imagej, gnu or some such to see the frozen waves. http://imgur.com/J5oAtH0
Just food for thought
It'd be great if Moses could run the math
johnm33

Unread postby moses » Thu May 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Is there enough energy to evaporate enough ocean water to form the polar ice, from Venus interacting with Earth?
At first thought it seems that a long interaction between Earth and Venus would be needed. If that much energy came quickly then it would wipe the whole Earth of life. So I think we have to consider Earth and Venus in a planet-moon type arrangement for a while.

So then lots of tidal forces, but the polar regions would get warmer too from these. And the temperature of the ocean water would rise slowly. So there are problems with the model.

Cheers,
Mo
moses

Unread postby johnm33 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:25 am

I was thinking more of the translation of kinetic energy. You could say all the water between 30N and 30S is travelling east at 900mph, that between there and 60N/S at 750 mph. Obviously its not that simple because the water can move and shed some of that energy, the land can't and would heat up just as much, so wherever there's water it will evaporate and cool it's source. The effect would be real but less pronounced further north/south but from 60deg N/S the flooding would proceed at an incredible pace, a large fraction of 750mph! Forcing arctic waters far to the south, and carrying arctic species into the aral, black and caspian seas, possibly even to lakes baikal and balkash.
Meanwhile Venus depleted of electrons passes by raising an incredible amount of dirt into the sky as unimaginable cascades of lightning course across the planet, and the very dirt explodes to release it's electrons.
Now all the heating and evaporative cooling has passed, then the reverse happens and the previously cooled areas begin to lose heat to the reverse effect of heat translated to kinetic energy as the earths spin returns, and as the waters are now accelerated south on a different path they constantly cool until they are all frozen, even as far as 45degN/S. And once again then it snows/ rains [for 40 days and nights?]
This explains [to me] why so much permafrost is frozen seawater with just the salt missing, why beneath it and permeating it there are forests and sea creatures even now being converted to ch4, why whenyou look at sections through it where it's melting it's never just flat but full of wave formations. Why the equatorial lakes have such low biodiversity, and why there are arctic seals in lake baikal and arctic belugas in the black sea, and how the mammoths caught up in the vast floods, and swimming south were flash frozen as the sea water they were in turned in an instant to ice.
It's no wonder they tried to warn us.
johnm33

Unread postby johnm33 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:17 pm

johnm33

Unread postby moses » Fri May 05, 2017 6:24 pm

johnm33,
clearly there would have been a lot of water movement, but this producing the ice at the poles seems extremely unlikely.
Cheers,
Mo
moses

Unread postby johnm33 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Mo I didn't think i'd be the first person with this idea, here's a short from Michael Stienbacher, i've been working my way through some of his ideas, and those of Andy Hall. Anyhow this is about the Missoula flood what really got my attention was his idea for the sudden cooling. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULuA1vVZhak
from https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelsteinbacher
Andy Hall https://thedailyplasma.blog/?wref=bif
john
johnm33

Previous

Return to New Insights and Mad Ideas