Solar flare and electromagnetism and "magnetic reconnection"

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Zyxzevn

Re: Solar flare and electromagnetism and "magnetic reconnect

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:37 am

Laradex3 wrote: https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sune ... rtals.html

Magnetic portals, explains plasma physicist Jack Scudder of the University of Iowa,"[are] places where the magnetic field of Earth connects to the magnetic field of the Sun, creating an uninterrupted path leading from our own planet to the sun's atmosphere 93 million miles away."

[P]robes suggest that these magnetic portals open and close dozens of times each day…Most portals are small and short-lived; others are yawning, vast, and sustained. Tons of energetic particles can flow through the openings…
"Where the magnetic field of the earth connects to the magnetic field of the sun"
That is bad science.
Magnetic fields have infinite range and simply additive.

Magnetic portals are bad science too, they do not exist.
These are simply places where the magnetic field is weak or has no clear direction, so it is easer for
charged plasma to pass through.

The magnetic field has a power of 1/r^3, so it is not very strong over long ranges.

But what is strong is an electric current flowing from the sun towards the earth,
since its power is 1/r. The current (J) is equal to Voltage (V) divided by Resistance(R).
The resistance (R) is (r/c) equal to the distance (r) and the conductivity (c) of the plasma.
So we get J= V*c/r.

A cloud of charged particles (solar flare) is even stronger, because all distance disappears.
I think this can cause major lightning events.

If we translate the non-existing "flux tubes" to "electric currents", we get a clear picture of
what is going on. Sadly the non-existing flux-tubes are almost everywhere in astronomy
and solar sciences.

But it is interesting how people got it so wrong and refuse to see any mistakes in their myths.
Magnetic fields do not bump into each other, that is why EM radio-waves and light can just pass through
each other without any interference.
More ** from zyxzevn at: Paradigm change and C@

Michael Mozina

Unread post by Michael Mozina » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Zyxzevn wrote:
Laradex3 wrote: https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sune ... rtals.html

Magnetic portals, explains plasma physicist Jack Scudder of the University of Iowa,"[are] places where the magnetic field of Earth connects to the magnetic field of the Sun, creating an uninterrupted path leading from our own planet to the sun's atmosphere 93 million miles away."

[P]robes suggest that these magnetic portals open and close dozens of times each day…Most portals are small and short-lived; others are yawning, vast, and sustained. Tons of energetic particles can flow through the openings…
"Where the magnetic field of the earth connects to the magnetic field of the sun"
That is bad science.
Magnetic fields have infinite range and simply additive.

Magnetic portals are bad science too, they do not exist.
These are simply places where the magnetic field is weak or has no clear direction, so it is easer for
charged plasma to pass through.

The magnetic field has a power of 1/r^3, so it is not very strong over long ranges.

But what is strong is an electric current flowing from the sun towards the earth,
since its power is 1/r. The current (J) is equal to Voltage (V) divided by Resistance(R).
The resistance (R) is (r/c) equal to the distance (r) and the conductivity (c) of the plasma.
So we get J= V*c/r.

A cloud of charged particles (solar flare) is even stronger, because all distance disappears.
I think this can cause major lightning events.

If we translate the non-existing "flux tubes" to "electric currents", we get a clear picture of
what is going on. Sadly the non-existing flux-tubes are almost everywhere in astronomy
and solar sciences.

But it is interesting how people got it so wrong and refuse to see any mistakes in their myths.
Magnetic fields do not bump into each other, that is why EM radio-waves and light can just pass through
each other without any interference.
It's worth keeping in mind that Maxwell's equations mathematically solve for E or B, and the "flux tube" is ultimately where the rubber meets the road with respect to physics. Alfven described "flux ropes" as "Bennett Pinches" in plasma, and he modeled them using circuit theory. We need to include all the circuit energy too if we expect to understand how they really work.

Flux ropes do connect the sun to the planets, and they are in fact 'current carrying' devices which can be "mathematically modeled" using magnetic fields alone, but in "physical" reality they are driven by E fields.

JouniJokela

Unread post by JouniJokela » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Nice Stuff, -Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1rs7CT ... tu.be&t=77
What I see here, is not a movement of Matter, but the movement of energy.

I like to do some math; (linked video at 1:17)
- The sphere is about the size Jupiter; 150 000 000 m
- it takes about one second that this "rain drops" falls through the sphere.

->> The velocity is pretty exactly 0.5 x c
What does this mean? -I do not know exactly, but it can't be a coincidence. The speed of light seems to define everything.

Zyxzevn

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:31 pm

JouniJokela wrote: ..movement of energy..
In physics, energy does not really move, it is an abstract concept.
Fields, electrons and matter can move.
JouniJokela wrote: I like to do some math
Thanks for doing some work there. :-)

The video is faster than real time. (360x)
From the video:
"SDO collected one frame every 12 seconds, and the movie plays at 30 frames per second,
so each second in this video corresponds to 6 minutes of real time"

So the speed is probably not 0.5c but 0.0014c, if your calculations are further correct.

I find the accelerations very interesting.
The surface gravity of the sun is 27.9g (=274 m/s²).
Is gravity the only downward force here?

Zyxzevn

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:08 pm

Michael Mozina wrote: It's worth keeping in mind that Maxwell's equations mathematically solve for E or B, and the "flux tube" is ultimately where the rubber meets the road with respect to physics. Alfven described "flux ropes" as "Bennett Pinches" in plasma, and he modeled them using circuit theory. We need to include all the circuit energy too if we expect to understand how they really work.
Flux ropes do connect the sun to the planets, and they are in fact 'current carrying' devices which can be "mathematically modeled" using magnetic fields alone, but in "physical" reality they are driven by E fields.
I assume that you mean the same thing: the lines are in reality electric currents driven by E-fields.

As I understand it Alfven describes electric currents,
whereas many astronomers describe (non-existing) magnetic field lines.

I agree that there is a whole circuitry here.
The currents cause a magnetic field, and this field causes currents to follow a curve instead of a straight line.
It can more complex when there are multiples of layers involved.

But by examining solar flares carefully, we can identify how the current might flow
and what the magnetic field would be.
And as far I can see, this is exactly the opposite from what the "magnetic reconnection" astronomers
say about these flares.
They mixed up the E field with the B field, which are both polar fields.
And mistaken currents for (non existing) flux-lines.

So from very clear examples we can already see that many astronomers have it wrong.
It was already clear from the "reconnection" bullshit that they came up with.
This error also appears in the maths that these astronomers use, where almost each step
can be refuted with practical known physics (e.g. the super-conductor).

Michael Mozina

Unread post by Michael Mozina » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Zyxzevn wrote:
Michael Mozina wrote: It's worth keeping in mind that Maxwell's equations mathematically solve for E or B, and the "flux tube" is ultimately where the rubber meets the road with respect to physics. Alfven described "flux ropes" as "Bennett Pinches" in plasma, and he modeled them using circuit theory. We need to include all the circuit energy too if we expect to understand how they really work.
I assume that you mean the same thing: the lines are in reality electric currents driven by E-fields.
Yes. I would say it's a mistake to even allow them to call them "lines", they're current carrying magnetic ropes, or flux tubes, just like we see inside of any ordinary plasma ball. The E field does all the work as the switch on the side of the plasma ball will quickly demonstrate. :)

It's really the E field that provides the kinetic energy and particle motion. There is some amount of *induction* occurring, but the term "magnetic reconnection" has no scientific meaning in current carrying plasma after Alfven's double layer paper.

I do think that we need to embrace the term 'magnetic rope"/"magnetic flux tube" because that's really where the E and B sides of Maxwell's equations meet up in terms of plasma physics.
As I understand it Alfven describes electric currents,
whereas many astronomers describe (non-existing) magnetic field lines.
You can't really have moving charged particles and not get magnetic *fields*. You're right of course about the "lines" thing. If JREF/ISF taught me anything, it's the fact that the mainstream is pretty much clueless about EM field theory in general, not just plasma physics. The engineers might know what their talking about with respect to EM field theory and plasma physics, but the "astrophysicists" and math professors are clueless. :) It's hard to believe it, but some of them actually believe that tiny little "lines" like topology lines "reconnect" and release energy in the process *without plasma* no less. Hoy Vey.

I'm pretty sure that's why Alfven flat out rejected the whole use of the term "magnetic reconnection". It simply misrepresents the physical facts. It's actually "circuit reconnection", or "particle reconnection" that occurs inside that current sheet, but it's not "magnetic line reconnection". The whole topology of the field changes and *induces* current in *plasma* perhaps, but magnetic lines have no source and no sink and no way to "disconnect from", nor 'reconnect" to any other discrete lines. Even the concept of "lines" is a gross oversimplification of EM field theory. It's a whole field. The lines just note the *topology* in various places.
I agree that there is a whole circuitry here.
The currents cause a magnetic field, and this field causes currents to follow a curve instead of a straight line.
It can more complex when there are multiples of layers involved.
Dr. Scott also demonstrates that bi-directional current flow can occur in many concentric layers. It's get complicated and messy in plasma in terms of the math and physics, but not so much in terms of pure circuit theory. I think that's another reason Alfven stuck to circuit theory in space.
But by examining solar flares carefully, we can identify how the current might flow
and what the magnetic field would be.
And as far I can see, this is exactly the opposite from what the "magnetic reconnection" astronomers
say about these flares.
They mixed up the E field with the B field, which are both polar fields.
And mistaken currents for (non existing) flux-lines.
The "flux tubes" do exist, just like they exist inside of any ordinary plasma ball. They are tornado like filaments of moving plasma, not tiny little "magnetic lines" as the mainstream seems to think. They are field aligned "currents" as you noted.
So from very clear examples we can already see that many astronomers have it wrong.
It was already clear from the "reconnection" bullshit that they came up with.
This error also appears in the maths that these astronomers use, where almost each step
can be refuted with practical known physics (e.g. the super-conductor).
I think the mainstream has a complete aversion to the lab because the moment they try to create million degree plasma, and sustain it over time, they'll need (drum roll please) "electricity" to do the job. They'll certainly need more than just 'magnetic lines".

The mainstream relies heavily on math, but they really haven't a clue about real kinetic energy and real physics. That's why 95 percent of LCMD amounts to placeholder terms for human ignorance, and the remaining 5 percent of their math is based upon "pseudoscience" according to the Nobel Prize winning author of MHD theory. They really don't have a clue about plasma physics as my conversations at JREF/ISF made painfully clear.

FYI, somewhere in my travels someone handed me a paper by an author named "Bern", or 'Birn' I believe. The author of that paper on "reconnection" clearly acknowledged the current flowing through the "magnetic line"/flux tube that he was describing, and his helped me to understand how to orient the flux tube process by both circuit theory and by the B or "magnetic" orientation in terms of the math. The math isn't "equal" however. As Alfven noted in his book Cosmic Plasma, some types of plasma behaviors can *only* be understood in terms of the entire circuit and the whole circuit energy. E oriented or circuit oriented descriptions of flux tubes are more useful in describing "resistance" and "heat" inside those "flux ropes". Solar physics is *lost* without acknowledging the electric fields that drive the atmospheric processes.

It's really only useful to look at solar physics in terms of electricity and the E field. The moment you do so, all satellite imagery makes perfect sense.

JouniJokela

Unread post by JouniJokela » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:36 am

Zyxzevn wrote:
JouniJokela wrote: ..movement of energy..
In physics, energy does not really move, it is an abstract concept.
Fields, electrons and matter can move.
JouniJokela wrote: I like to do some math
Thanks for doing some work there. :-)

The video is faster than real time. (360x)
Thanks for correcting! While looking to video I was sure no matter can move so fast. ... but it was Timelapse... :)
Ok. my mistake.

Btw, Light moves. But let's just keep this thread on solar flares.

Zyxzevn

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:34 am

The nasa is doing it again.
They are pushing the Magnetic Reconnection Myth big time.
Now they believe they have a model for eruptions.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/20 ... -all-sizes

Also in nature:
https://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v ... 22050.html
("Peer reviewed")

I think that all these scientists should be fired and send back to school and learn some decent
electromagnetism.

From the nasa website:
NASA wrote: The key for understanding a solar eruption, according to Wyper, is recognizing how the filament system loses equilibrium, which triggers eruption. In the breakout model, the culprit is magnetic reconnection — a process in which magnetic field lines come together and explosively realign into a new configuration.
Yes. They think that imaginary lines bump into each other and cause explosions.
It would mean that radiowaves and light would cause explosions too:
their field-lines bump into each other all the time.
Keep your heads down.
Stay in the dark.

But if you look deeper you can understand why.
They have to live in a fantasy world to keep on denying the electric nature of the sun.

NASA and Nature, please get rid of these people.

Zyxzevn

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:13 am

Amazed, I was looking at their "model".
It would be a great model, if you are in kindergarten.

There are five steps:
1) Energization. Energy builds up and a filament starts to form.
(where does this "energy" come from?) :roll:
2) Slow rise. The yellow lines of the filament twist, build up energy, and slowly rise.
(wow, more energy from nowhere. And we add a twist too.) :lol:
3.a) Current sheet forms. A bright structure shows the current-sheet.
The region where the magnetic field's polarity is reversing.
(Oh wait. changing magnetic field gives .. hmm .. currents?) :oops:
3.b) Magnetic reconnection begins.
After merging at the current sheet, the magnetic field lines recede from each other.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
(And then.. a unicorn appears.)
4) Explosion
The magnetic twist and energy are ejected as the filament breaks through.
The yet sprays out in the solar system.
(Yes.. a new twist... it is rainbow unicorns. ) :lol:
5) Relaxation
The stored energy is now exhausted and the region becomes quiet.
(Unicorns go back to sleep)

So unicorns having sex is the reason why the sun shines.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's look at the electric version:

Step 1. Electric charges. Different strong electric charges appear on the surface of the sun.
They come from nuclear reactions under the surface.

Step 2. Electric Currents. At the surface, the charges can connect and produce very strong currents.
The currents themselves can produce magnetic fields.

Step 3.a. Expansion. As the current grows, there are different factors that cause it to move outwards.
a. solar magnetic field
b. expansion of plasma due to heat
c. possible nuclear reactions (type: focus fusion)

Step 3.b. Explosion If the current is strong enough it can cause a huge expansion,
which is an explosion.

Step 4. EjectionThe plasma moves outward into space, twisting due to magnetic fields, and plasma pressure.

Step 5. Fall backThe electric charge is attracted back to the surface, towards the spots that have now the opposite charge.
A part of the plasma falls back to the surface. Another part goes on into space.

Step 6. Surface currents
There is no "relaxation". The sun does not stop shining.
The currents keep on flowing on and near the surface.
Currents that are too weak become invisible (dark mode plasma currents).

Look: No unicorns. :ugeek:

Michael Mozina

But unicorns are pretty.....

Unread post by Michael Mozina » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:17 am

Come on man, unicorns are pretty! :)

It's simply beyond explanation that the mainstream continues to put the magnetic cart in front of the electric horse.

Birkeland demonstrated in his lab over 100 years ago that *sustained electric fields* between the surface of the sun and the heliosphere are the primary driver of currents from the sun, not changing magnetic fields. 100 years later the mainstream *still* can't replicate something as simple as a sustained full sphere corona around a sphere using ''magnetic reconnection", but Birkeland and his team did it with an electric fields a century ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m58-CfVrsN4

The mainstream is essentially 100 percent clueless about the physics of the universe. Not only is 95 percent of LCDM nothing but placeholder terms for human ignorance, the other 5 percent of the mainstream math related to plasma is usually based upon pure pseudoscientific nonsense. They still can't explain the heat source of the corona. They keep trying to put the magnetic cart in front of the electric horse, and they can't figure out why it doesn't work right. :(

Of course *nobody* wants to discuss their convection speed problem. Their supposed "jet speed" convection predictions of their solar model were off by two whole orders of magnitude which pretty much cripples their whole claim about where their strong magnetic fields originate from in the first place.

It's pretty clear that the mainstream *only* understands plasma physics from the B or field oriented perspective of Maxwell's equations, and they remain entirely clueless about the E orientation and circuit theory as it's applied to plasma. Their extreme ignorance of the E orientation of plasma physics might be ok in a non-electric universe, but that's simply the universe that we live in. :)

They simply ignore the fact that Alfven's double layer paper makes the whole "reconnection' hypothesis irrelevant and obsolete. They like to pretend that Alkven never wrote his double layer paper, and pretend that Alfven didn't call magnetic reconnection theory "pseudoscience". :)

I don't think there's any other topic related to astronomy that requires such pure denial in terms of the physics and the math.

My conversations on this topic at JREF were quite revealing. Not only do the EU/PC haters not understand plasma physics, they don't even have a particularly good grasp of basic "solid state" electromagnetic theory. They literally cannot tell the physical difference between very ordinary magnetic flux in a pure vacuum, and a transfer of magnetic field energy into particle kinetic energy in a plasma *conductor*. It's evidently all the same to them. I will never see that missing math formula that Clinger still owes me.

I realize after that conversation at JREF why Alfven called the whole concept "pseudoscience". The mainstream doesn't even understand the concept properly from the perspective of physics. The only transfer of magnetic field energy into particle kinetic energy that actually occurs in plasma is via *induction*, not "magnetic reconnection". They don't even comprehend basic EM field theory properly.

Zyxzevn

Re: But unicorns are pretty.....

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:37 am

Michael Mozina wrote:Come on man, unicorns are pretty! :)
See NASA's new "peer-reviewed" model:

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:11 pm

Thank you, Zyxzevn.
Now let's look at the electric version:

Step 1. Electric charges. Different strong electric charges appear on the surface of the sun.
They come from nuclear reactions under the surface.

Step 2. Electric Currents. At the surface, the charges can connect and produce very strong currents.
The currents themselves can produce magnetic fields.
Is this official?
Because my unicorns 1 and 2 vary from this a bit.

They come from galactic currents that pour into the Sun.

Step 2. Electric Currents. At the surface, regions receiving incoming charge become overcharged and discharge to regions of less charge by arcing. Nuclear reactions occur at the surface, in the more intense discharges.

Your unicorns 3 to 5 I do believe in (same as my unicorns 3 to 5).

We all have a herd of unicorns (and I think yours are quite sexy) :lol:
~Paul

Zyxzevn

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:15 pm

The unicorns are related to the "Magnetic reconnection".
Something that certainly does not exist, because that is not how magnetism works.
I am amazed that scientists that study physics are not able to see through the whole facade
of this false model. Even wikipedia tells that magnetism has no real physical field-lines.
Yet, these "scientists" produce a model that conflicts with everything we know of magnetism.
And get published in a peer-review journal.

A kindergarten teacher would be proud with that unicorn (=magnetic reconnection) model.
So to help these "scientists", I added a picture to make it prettier.

There are certainly more problems with physics in astronomy.
I think I will make a thread with all other problems soon (with more insults :mrgreen: ).
But this one is so obvious.
It is worse than placing Earth in the centre of the universe,
because that was still accurate.
Magnetic reconnection is more like the flat-earth theory,
it denies everything that we know of magnetism.
comingfrom wrote: Step 1. Electric charges. Different strong electric charges appear on the surface of the sun.
They come from galactic currents that pour into the Sun.
It may be interesting indeed to investigate out where these electric charges come from.

I think that the charges come from the inside, based on the way the currents move.
Fist the currents appear on the surface, where they grow stronger.
And later they go up into space.
Are there examples of the currents going the other way?

Birkeland currents from other stars (or other objects) would look more like very sparse aurora-like clouds,
because I think they will be similar to planetary auroras.
It could be the cause of something like the plasma rain that you can see in the video in the top of this thread,
but it is not necessary in my model.

I do think that the interstellar birkeland currents are important for
stars to be born, and for the shaping of galaxies.

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:34 pm

Thank you Zyxzevn.
The unicorns are related to the "Magnetic reconnection".
Something that certainly does not exist, because that is not how magnetism works
I was just playing with the unicorns. ;)

Magnetic reconnection is a conception (a theory summed up in a sound byte).
You call it a unicorn to imply it is a false conception (and I agree).

Our conceptions are most likely not 100% true (though we hope more true than theirs), and so our conceptions are our unicorns. At least until their existence is undeniably proven.
:)
A kindergarten teacher would be proud with that unicorn (=magnetic reconnection) model.
So to help these "scientists", I added a picture to make it prettier.
You give them far too much credit.
Your kindy lessons are way over their head. They are blinded by their dogma.

As a famous man once said, Babes will be able to see, but not the wise and prudent.
It may be interesting indeed to investigate out where these electric charges come from.

I think that the charges come from the inside, based on the way the currents move.
Fist the currents appear on the surface, where they grow stronger.
And later they go up into space.
Are there examples of the currents going the other way?
We had this discussion before, I think.
I've seen a couple papers mentioning observed "inflows".

Here is one I just Google searched.
Abstract. Since the start of the SOHO mission three years
ago, the Large Angle Spectrometric Coronagraph (LASCO)
has recorded numerous examples of small, faint features
moving inward through the corona. The inflows are observed
at heliocentric distances of 2-4 Rs and became increasingly
common during 1998, as solar and coronal mass ejection
(CME) activity increased. The inward-moving structures,
which are most easily detected in running difference movies,
often have a cusplike appearance and tend to leave a density
depletion in their wake; the downward velocities range from
less than 20 km s -x to over 100 km s -x The downflows
are observed typically -•1 day after the passage of a CME,
and coexist side by side with continuing outflows of streamer
material. We interpret these small-scale events as observational
signatures of the gradual closing-down of magnetic
flux dragged outward by CMEs or other transient outflows.

src: Coronagraph observations of inflows during high solar activity
Regardless of how they interpret it, I have rather developed another explanation, to explain the seemingly small-scale.

I don't see the intergalactic current coming in as a single Birkeland current right to the surface or photosphere of the Sun. That would be one Mother of a current which we would not have missed. Rather, the intergalactic current feeds into the heliopause, which in turn discharges into the heliosphere, which turns into currents which feed into the corona. The corona has discharges which create currents that feed into the chromosphere. Finally the chromosphere discharges currents into the photosphere. (And I probably missed out some spheres here.)

A similar process is occurring on Earth. Birkeland currents from the Sun, and from the heliopause, feed into the ionosphere charging it up. The aurora show us these currents come in at the poles but the ionosphere distributes this charge globally and discharges it globally into the lower atmosphere. The lower atmosphere then discharges (by rain and lightning) to earth.

They are probably huge lightning bolts and plasma balls falling into the Sun, but compared to the size of the Sun they are small-scale structures and hard to see most of the time.

Anyhow, this is my conception so far, from my studies.
I'm prepared to accept I may have a unicorn. :lol:
~Paul

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Mon May 01, 2017 4:35 pm

The 'Breakout Model' of magnetic reconnection.

Sun's eruptions might all have same trigger

Contains a "Simulation showing the formation and eruption of a filament (yellow lines) in the jet simulation."
~Paul