The Boring Sun

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

fosborn_

Re: The Boring Sun

Unread post by fosborn_ » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:16 pm

To Grey Cloud.
Despite his findings, no consensus has yet emerged. The latest evidence, published in the Jan. 25 issue of the journal Science, suggests that epigenetic changes in mice are usually erased, but not always. The erasure is imperfect, and sometimes the affected genes may make it through to the next generation, setting the stage for transmission of the altered traits in descendants as well...
 http://discovermagazine.com/2013/may/13 ... your-genes
OK, it's not so cut and dried. But I lean toward altered traits being passed on.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science,
the one that heralds new discoveries,
is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'
Isaac Asimov

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Grey Cloud » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:59 pm

fosborn,
Articles like that are just about some academic having his 15-mins of fame.
And about institutionalizing a culture of dependency, look where it is publshed.

The researchers specifically say they are talking about "intergenerational" effects, i.e. generations, families, tribes cultures that are in contact with each other. Nothing to do with memories from thousands of years ago. The writer turns it in to psycho-babble.

A collective meme of say fear, or fearlessness May be transmitted for a long time through cultures, rites, customs and rituals; but after a generation or two of freedom and security, children grow up as successful fully functioning human beings, as GC says.

Epigenetics are real, but work quickly both ways. It is the indoctrination by fable, myth, religion, education and the state, etc.; which perpetuate certain behaviors through centuries.
You were sent to school for a reason.
We can learn to take responsibility.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:36 pm

nick c wrote:
GaryN wrote:Don't believe in the collective trauma, people forget disasters quite quickly,
Gary, I can see that you are not very much familiar with the theory of collective trauma, perhaps you need to research it more. You are correct, people do forget disasters(dis - aster = bad star) quickly.
But that is the whole point. They FORGET!

Though forgotten the horrible memories are still submerged in the mind and they eventually manifest themselves in bizarre and ritualistic behaviors. Victims of catastrophes (= Greek for overturning of the celestial order) are continually attempting to remember the source of their trauma. Yet the very words that describe the situation have the roots astro and aster that point us to the source of the trauma.
Hi Nick, I am very receptive to the idea of memories of dramatic events being present in the Akashic memory, accessible to us only through devotion to the appropriate studies, though sometimes they may be trigged spontaneously with the correct stimulus. Since being a child, I had had a 'feeling' tucked away somewhere that I experienced life in a past existence as a north American native, and a major trauma perhaps remembered after seeing "Soldier Blue" in 1970. The slaughter scenes seemed to reawaken, or allow access to these memories, but I don't believe they existed in my physical brain, but in the metaphysical realm. The effect lasted a long time, and even now is not far below the surface it seems.
There are some thought provoking articles and audio files on the web site of the Wessex Research Group Network, this audio file of Sir George Trevelyan, presenting "The Emergence of the Grail Race" is one that I like. Available for download from this page:
http://www.wessexresearchgroup.org/digital.html
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Seaside wrote,
And about institutionalizing a culture of dependency, ...
Exactly. I was going to mention that over here in the UK, you're nobody if you're not a victim. 'Celebs', MPs, commoners, are all tripping over themselves to tell the media about how they were or are a victim of this or that.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:58 pm

GaryN wrote:
...but I don't believe they existed in my physical brain, but in the metaphysical realm
Quite possibly. Who knows where mind and memory merge, if the brain is a transceiver like scientists are now asserting.
The shamans of old were tapping into some non-physical realm for their visions, and maybe that's the same thing NickC was talking about. Possibly with the more modern alchemists as well, what do you think there
GreyVapor ?
:)

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:02 am

seasmith wrote:GaryN wrote:
...but I don't believe they existed in my physical brain, but in the metaphysical realm
Quite possibly. Who knows where mind and memory merge, if the brain is a transceiver like scientists are now asserting.
The shamans of old were tapping into some non-physical realm for their visions, and maybe that's the same thing NickC was talking about. Possibly with the more modern alchemists as well, what do you think there
GreyVapor ?
:)
We're getting off-topic here but I've maintained for years that the brain is a transceiver. Nice to know science is finally catching up.

Athene is portrayed as a virgin. Virgin as in original state and as one that hasn't/doesn't generate anything new. Knowledge was, is and ever shall be. Akasa is the Indian take on the subject.

Knower - knowing -thing known. When the knower and the known become one then there is only the knowing. I've only managed that a few times over the years but it's doable.

All is mind; the Universe is mental. The physical world is just chemistry (energy in packets). You are what you eat and that includes the Sun. I live on caffeine and nicotine - I'm a physical wreck but mentally wired.

And just to get us back on topic:
Sunspot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujTTjt5VkZM
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:16 pm

SpaceX Moon mission extends Elon Musk's ambitions
That Mr Musk should announce his intention to carry out a Moon loop should not really be a surprise; such a venture is on the natural path to deep-space exploration and colonisation - his stated end goals.
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39115201
I doubt very much it will ever fly, or if it does, it will not have civilians aboard. Imagine 2 wealthy tourists, with the best cameras money can buy, and a selection of filters you'd think, and 3 days each way to do not much else than look out the windows, the Sun as a constant companion. Can't wait to see their photos.

Also in 2018 the Solar Probe Plus is due to launch. No camera to actually take photos of the Sun, but hey, if there is nothing our eyes could see, why waste time with a camera? Two visible light telescopes will image the Sun from blue to near IR, but these are not Bayer filtered, which is what we need to be able to know how the Sun would appear to our eyes. Another Naval Research instrument, not a Nikon.
https://www.nrl.navy.mil/ssd/branches/7680/WISPR
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

perpetual motion

Unread post by perpetual motion » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:30 pm

Exactly Gary, and while they are at this, send all the photos world wide to all
the cell phones. I wouldn't think that mainstream (whomever) could scramble
that many cell towers at once. Or could they?

Still can't find any photos from Outer Space that proves much of anything !

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Still can't find any photos from Outer Space that proves much of anything
!

And you never will, but as I am told, lack of evidence is not evidence of lack (of visibility). They could photograph the sun and stars from deep space, they just don't want to, what's the point when they are clearly visible from Earth? And the testimony and transcripts from Apollo mission reports that say it is totally black out there are just my misunderstanding of those statements and transcripts. Obviously if they are visible from Earth, they must be even more visible from space, that's just plain and simple common sense, which (I am repeatedly told) I obviously do not possess. Well, I'm not accepting any of it without some experiments, empirical science, but those tests will never be performed.
If civilians ever do go on a trip to the Moon, their photos would likely show the same as the Apollo ones, The receding Earth, the Sun and Moon if the line of sight passes through the upper atmosphere, then nothing at all for a couple of days until approaching the Moon, no images of the Sun from lunar orbit, only light created by the solar UV creating light when being viewed through that dust. Images of the Moon when they are close enough, then another couple of days of nothing on the way back, then Earth visible again.
The only difference would be that with the digital cameras there would be the log showing exposure settings and time data, so, knowing the trajectory, it would be possible to figure out their relative position to the Earth and Moon when photos were obtained.
And anyone thinking of a one-way trip to Mars, though never likely to happen, should take a good look at the stars before they leave, they will likely never see them again, or if they do, will be nothing like as bright and colourful as we see from Earth. The only image of the stars from Mars was a long exposure from a rover, probably not visible by eye, though I think Venus and Earth and possibly the Moon should be visible due to the EUV/UV emissions from their upper atmospheres being made visible by interaction with the material in the thin Martian atmosphere, but even then probably only when those objects are low over the horizon. The Sun too would be visible, not sunspots.
Coincidentally or not, NASA in Hebrew means "to deceive" or "the deceiver".

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:44 pm

Gary,
Where do you get this rubbish from?
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5230.htm
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:18 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:Gary,
Where do you get this rubbish from?
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5230.htm
From the Internet of course!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auik4D1yIAY

Same place I get all the NASA information nowadays.

comingfrom

Re: Pan, shepherd moon of Saturn

Unread post by comingfrom » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:02 am

Thank you Gary.

I agree. While a path is being cleared by electromagnetic repulsion, a percentage of the dust, maybe dust of opposite charge, gets attracted to the moon, forming a 2 mile high mountain range all the way around the 20 mile wide moon.

Gravity defying stuff.

And did you notice the stars in the background?
~Paul

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:43 pm

And did you notice the stars in the background?
No, some cosmic ray artifacts in some of the images. Pan itself would not be visible to your eyes.
Raw images, select Pan from target list
https://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/galleries/raw-images/

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:14 pm

Thanks Gary, I do believe you are right (about artifacts, at least).
Here is one image that got snowed under.

But I don't understand why, of all the wavelengths of light, only visible light cannot penetrate space.
~Paul

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:57 pm

But I don't understand why, of all the wavelengths of light, only visible light cannot penetrate space.
Who said it can't? But lets not derail this thread.