Prep for New Little Ice Age!

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Lloyd

Prep for New Little Ice Age!

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:16 pm

The Solar Minimum, Earthquakes and Coming Mini Ice Age - and What to Expect
https://youtu.be/ZTJCY6M-3fY

or https://www.sott.net/article/343020-The ... nter-VIDEO

I just listened to the video there and it's very impressive to me. John Casey has been accurately predicting sunspots and climate conditions for a number of years. He says volcanoes and earthquakes are more severe during cold climate or low sunspot conditions. More quakes over 7.0 and 8.0 on the Richter scale are likely. So he warns everyone to prepare for hard times from poor crop harvests and from quakes and volcanism. He warns that the New Madrid fault may disrupt traffic and pipelines across the MS River between St. Louis and Memphis at least. He said cosmic rays have increased greatly, causing an increase in cloud cover and thus cooling the Earth, resulting in record snowfalls and cold spells in many locations.

He says this will also offer opportunity to prosper by producing things that will be in much greater demand.

moses

Re: Prep for New Little Ice Age!

Unread post by moses » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:19 am

Hi Lloyd,
We are in a solar minimum, the west coast is due, and data on earthquakes and volcanoes is massive from satellites. So it is a good bet. We really need to know the electrical currents so that we get a much better understanding.

Cheers,
Mo

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:25 pm

Hi Mo. Are you in Adelaide? John Casey said they're getting very good at predicting earthquakes. Dong Choi is said to be one of his colleagues. He edits a geology journal at http://NCGT.org which publishes studies that correlate earthquakes with other phenomena, including electrical and magnetic effects. That's the journal where we may try to publish our catastrophism paper, if it gets finished.

moses

Unread post by moses » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi Lloyd,
your link did not work. The NCGT Journal is
http://www.ncgt.org/
I see Louis Hissink is there and I found this:
https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2016/06/13/20619/
Peter Mungo Jupp meets Louis Hissink

I see Dong Choi lives near Wal, and I am still in Adelaide. In fact I bought an EU t-shirt from Dave Smith at Wal's lectures. I must admit I'd prefer to live in Adelaide than on the West Coast USA.

I can't help feeling that while the Earth's magnetic field is decreasing earthquakes and volcanoes will moderate. On the other hand the Earth will be influenced more by the Sun. Of course there was that monster quake in indonesia not long ago. But that might have been caused from outside the Solar System.

Cheers,
Mo

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:49 pm

Thanks for fixing the link, Mo. Louis is mentioned as an editor of NCGT.org, but I haven't seen anything that he's written. Have you? I contacted Louis a few years ago regarding EU issues.

I just read most of Dark Winter, by John Casey. It doesn't have a lot of info. His newer book probably has more, such as more evidence that volcanic eruptions and earthquakes occur mainly during sunspot minima.

But it looks like bouts of extreme cold weather are likely to become increasingly apparent in the near future and that means there could be widespread famines, rioting and other violence. So people should start preparing to prevent major problems.

moses

Unread post by moses » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Hi Lloyd,
Predicting the future was never more interesting. Our state government looks like purchasing tons of Tesla batteries for our solar and wind energy. Old coal power plants have been shut so we have power shortages. As the technologies of solar, wind and batteries improve ample power could be provided anywhere on this planet. This will change prepping.

Living in very isolated places will become very popular. Plentiful power means plenty of water. It also means strong economics. It is just a matter of not falling into chaos before we get there. A tricky bet though.

Cheers,
Mo

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:34 pm

Yeah, we really need to get solar a little more economical. It's getting there.

I now read John Casey's 2014 book, Dark Winter, and here are some highlights.

Dark Winter, by John Casey

[I consider this an error.] p6) One of the longest cycles is that of the ice ages. In between a cycle of every 100,000 or so years of essentially an icebound Earth, we have what are called "intgerglacial warm periods". For the past 11,000 years, we have been living in one of these rare interglacial periods, called the Holocene warm period.6

p14-15) Some scholars use 1795-1825 as the DM period. I have chosen to begin the DM at solar cycle 4' (4 prime), discovered by I.G. Usoskin, K. Mursula and G.A. Kovaltsov.2 In their paper "Lost sunspot cycle in the beginning of Dalton Minimum: New evidence and consequences", they make a convincing case that the latter part of cycle 4 was, in fact, a small solar cycle with very low amplitude, hence 4'. I end the DM in the year 1830, which was where the solar cycle 7 began to exceed the three previous low-sunspot cycles, namely 4', 5 and 6. Figure 2-2 shows the cycle 4 with 4' extending from 1793 to 1798.

p18-19) - 1787: The US Constitution ratified by the states.
- 1789: George Washington elected as first president of the United States.
- 1789: The French Revolution begins.
- 1793: Dalton Minimum begins: Solar Cycle 4'.
- 1797: John Adams elected second president of the United States.
- 1801: Thomas Jeffereson elected third president of the United States.
- 1803: Lewis and Clark begin to explore the northwestern United States.
- 1803: The Louisiana Purchase negotiated with France.
- 1807: Robert Fulton launches his steam-powered boat, the Clermont.
- 1809: James Madison elected fourth president of the United States.
- 1811-12: The New Madrid earthquake strikes the Mississippi valley; the first quake occurs on December 16, 1811. It is the most powerful series of earthquakes in North American history - a series of three 8.0 temblors, plus many smaller ones.
- 1812: The War of 1812 between the United States and England begins.
- 1812: Napoleon invades Russia and suffers massive losses because of bitter winter weather.
- 1815: The Mount Tambora volcano erupts, April 5, 10 & 11. It is the largest and deadliest volcanic eruption in recorded history at the time, claiming 90,000 lives.
- 1815: Napoleon suffers loss at Waterloo on June 18.
- 1816: The "Year without a Summer". Bitter cold weather hits New England, and the destructive frost spreads as far south as Pennsylvania.
- 1816: In May, a frost hits from New England down to Virginia, and in June, people go sleighing after a freak snowfall.
- 1816: In August, frosts and snow strike New Hampshire, killing off what few crops still survive. Two months earlier, temperatures had been in the 90s.
- 1816-1823: Hundreds of thousands die, possibly as a result of cholera that spreads from India to New York City, related to regional conditions from Mount Tambora's eruption.
- Thousands die in New England from the cold and after effects, and thousands leave for Indiana and Illinois. The migration may have been a key factor in these areas becoming new states of the newly formed Unisted States of America.
- The combined cold and heavy rain damage of 1816 causes potato, corn and wheat crops to fail across Ireland and England and, along with collateral typhus outbreaks, thousands more die.
- 1817: James Monroe elected fifth president of the United States.
- 1825: John Q. Adams elected sixth president of the United States.
- 1830s: A second wave of cholera strikes Europe, also possibly related to the Mount Tambora eruption. Hundreds of thousands more die, especially in France.

[I consider this dating to be in error.] p24) On the subject of supervolcanoes like Yellowstone, we should not be too concerned, since there are usually tens to hundreds of thousands of years between eruptions. However, if we suddenly see a spike in the number and intensity of earthquakes in the vicinity of the world's supervolcanoes, then everyone should start paying attention.

p28-29) ... the French Revolution was prompted in part by starving peasants.... ... Encycliopedia Britinnica:25 "During the momentous political events of 1788-89, much of the country lay in the grip of a classic subsistence crisis. Bad weather had reduced the grain crops that year by almost one-quarter the normal yield. An unusually cold winter compounded the problem, as frozen rivers halted the transport and milling of flour in many localities." ...
But why had the crops failed? The crops failed because, at the time, there was in place global warming and drought, which I believe was caused by the Bicentennial Cycle, which was then at its peak of warming!
... It appears from my research that the United States of America owes its very existence, in great part, to the natural reaction of the French people during the late 1780s to the side effects of drought and crop loss brought on by the last global warming peak and following extreme cold caused by the global climate changeover of the 206-year Bicentennial Cycle of the Sun! ... The government that eventually came into power would then come to the rescue of the United States in its war against the British in 1812.

p42) TABLE 4-1. CLIMATE CHANGE FORECAST FOR THE NEXT 200 YEARS
Years Climate Type Peak/Bottom of Cycle
2020-2045 Cold Era Bottom: 2031-2037
2070-2090 Warm Era Peak: 2080-2085*
2110-2150 Cold Era Bottom: 2130-2137**
2170-2235 Warm Era Peak: 2180-2211***
*Will be less warm than the period 1990-2010.
**Will be as cold or colder than the period 2031-2037.
***Will be less warm than the period 2080-2085.

[I also consider this an error.] p43) We have comfortably rested atop the temperature curve in the Holocene warm period for about 11,000 years.

p48-49) In this appendix you will see just how many researchers out there are saying we are heading for a cold climate and ... have been saying so for many years. ... Here is the summary ... of how much support I found by early 2007 to corroborate my research for the RC theory:
- Centennial Cycle: 18+ researchers in over 11 papers
- Bicentinnial Cycle: 17+ researchers in over 8 papers
- Both cycles found together: 11+ researchers in over 8 papers
- Temperature correlation with solar minimums: 9+ researchers in over 7 papers
- Predictions of next minimum/coming cold era: 12+ researchers in over 11 papers
... The total list of researchers who can lend credence to one or more elements of my theory may be 200 [or much more].... I just stopped counting after the first hundred....

p49-57) Researchers who have predicted a long-term solar minimum, solar hibernation, or new climate change to a period of long-lasting cold weather based upon solar activity: [16 listed].

p74-146) Now, let us look at the 33 reasons ... that demonstrate why global warming has ended and a new cold climate has begun: ...
<<p76 SSRC error>>
- 2. A major short-term drop in Earth's temperature took place between 2007 and 2008.
- 4. A major decline in global temperatures has started, reinforcing the SSRC prediction for a historic temperature reduction by December 2012.
- 5. A long-term global temperature trend toward a colder climate has been established in Earth's atmosphere.
<<See Climate4you.com>>
- 6. There was no growth in Earth's temperatures for 13 years.
- 7. We have been misled by climate change alarmism for over a hundred years because of a narrow view of when climate change occurs and why.
p92) TABLE A3-1. CLIMATE CHANGE IN THE [MEDIA]
1895-1920s Global Cooling 3 media sources
1930s Global Warming many sources
1950s Global Cooling 1 source
1960s Global Warming 1 source
1974-1980s Global Cooling 4 sources
1988-2000s Global Warming many sources

- 8. Cold temperature records are being set, globally.
- 9. A NASA ocean temperature study has shown declining ocean temperatures.
- 10. A review of ocean temperatures measured by satellites shows a cooling trend.
- 11. Ocean cooling is predicted by a California seal pup study.
- 12. The Pacific Decadal Oscillation has started.
p103) 1925-47 Warm; 1948-1975 Cold; 1976-1998 Warm; 1999-2002 Cold; 2003-2007 Warm; 2008-2010 Cold

- 13. Antarctica is getting colder, and its glacial ice sheet is growing....
- 14. The Greenland glacial ice sheet is stable and growing.
- 15. During periods of time in 2009 and 2010, the Arctic sea ice reached its historical average extent.
- 16. The world's mountain glacial ice began to reverse from a predominantly shrinking phase to one of long-term growth beginning around 1998.
- 18. There is a general lack of understanding among US and international science agencies about the real status of glacial ice.

p123) TABLE 13-2. GLACIAL ICE DATA STANDARD. (GIDS)
[How much sea level would rise if all melted:]
1. Totals: 70 meters or 230 feet [#1=#2+#3+#4]
2. Antarctica: 63 meters or 206 feet
3. Greenland: 5.6 meters or 18.4 feet
4. Mountain glacieers etc: 1.4 meters or 4.6 feet

- 19. Destructive storms are not growing in number.
p124) In May 2007, the world experienced a record 33.4 days without a tropical cyclone.... This means colder oceans.
- 20. The RC theory predicts another solar hibernation.
- 21. Many scientists say a new cold climate is coming.
- 22. A rare conjunction of solar cycles is taking place.
- 23. Climate change research is poised to begin a new era of highly reliable forecasting based on solar activity.
- 24. NASA says a major solar minimum is coming.
- 25. The surface movement on the Sun "has slowed to a record crawl".
- 26. The solar wind is at a 50-year low.
- 27. The planetary magnetic field strength is at an all-time low.
- 28. The Sun's radio flux density is at an all-time low since record keeping began in the 1950s.
- 29. Cosmic rays from outside the solar system have reached the highest level ever recorded, indicating the Sun's protective envelope around the Earth has never been weaker.
- 30. The Sun is shrinking.
p144) The root causes and energy transfer mechanisms within the Sun are not well understood and still require much research. According to Dr. ... Abdussamatov ... the Sun's radius has been shrinking since 1979 and by 2018 will have been reduced by 81.6 kilometers [out of 695,700 kilometers; that's over 2 kilometers shrinkage per year].
- 31. The northern lights are at a record low.
- 32. The Earth's upper atmosphere is shrinking.
- 33. Solar irradiance is declining.
p148) "Solar irradiance" changes in sync with the 11-year solar cycle and with an average of 1,366 watts per meter squared ... [and] the typical variation in this number [is] about 1.3 watts per meter squared....

MerLynn

Unread post by MerLynn » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:22 pm

I offer no links but state that he who seeks shall find.

There was an event recorded by Persian scholars in their historical writings where they actually watched the Crystals on their desks change shape. Such accounts are dismissed by the west.

There was a time that the Baltic was as warm as the Mediterranean and Greenland was green. Then one day the worlds temperature across the entire globe fell 4 degrees C. Afterwards the rulers built better houses as the stone castles were no to cold for winters, the Artists of the day began to paint snow scapes in London and Paris and Berlin as before there was no snow in the winters.

This so called mini ice age came on with a 'bang'. It took 4 days for the planet to readjust to its new lower level. The planet has not recovered from this 4 degree reduction in temps and could well do with a total global warming again back to its pre mini ice age levels.
The crystals and the temp drop occurred on the same day.........

Just saying.......

moses

Unread post by moses » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:41 pm

I still have the ice ages as being caused by Earth in a very elliptical orbit. I can go with the carbon dating back about 4,500 years, and then after that conditions were much more electrical.

I agree that there is a natural cooling cycle, but we can adjust to this. Man-made climate change is irrelevant because renewables will soon be cheaper than fossil fuels. Whether carbon dioxide heats the Earth will never matter again, except in considerations of Venus.

Cheers,
Mo

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:24 am

Lloyd,

One thing you might look into.

- You can have an Ice Age because the Earth warms up.

They knew in 1958 what was happening, but consensus shut them down.

The Coming Ice Age
http://harpers.org/archive/1958/09/the-coming-ice-age/

They mention the Sahara desert in the article, saying in 1958 that:
And, finally, human witnesses were tracked down in southern deserts. During this past year archaeologists have brought back new evidence that the Sahara desert was green and fertile and thriving with civilization when glaciers froze life in America and Europe. Ewing and Donn had deduced that an open Arctic Ocean would have caused rain in today’s deserts. Now, from the caves of the Sahara, came ancient man’s vivid drawings of the animals that he hunted on the once grassy desert.
Recently, National Geographic found that 10 thousand and six thousand years ago the Sahara was wet. That indicates at least two times when the Arctic ice was gone and ice ruled the North.

Lost Tribes of the Green Sahara
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/ ... -text.html

That's why it is vital to understand geoengineering to keep the Arctic ocean from being free of ice.

CNN & Former Microsoft Head Talk Of Geo Engineering The Planet Part 1 OF 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e5mxVfDBbY

CNN & Former Microsoft Head Talk Of Geo Engineering The Planet Part 2 OF 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCyOGLWM0mA

We can deal with a modest cooling, but we can't deal with an ice free Arctic ocean.