Tank-like vehicle seen in MSL image

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

D_Archer

Re: Tank-like vehicle seen in MSL image

Unread post by D_Archer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:02 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:Okay. And the scale? What vehicle(?) is taking the photos?
It is a tank you can fit in the palm of your hand, a hefty rock to us humans, a deadly killing machine to tiny martians.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:20 pm

... or a toy tank, left behind by a young martian boy.

:P
Paul

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:34 pm

As I noted in the OP, I do not believe the thing is a military vehicle or tank. Nobody would build a tank with a shroud like that to trap blast from incoming around the turret like that. The thing is tank-like,, i.e. it bears a superficial resemblence to a tank.

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:58 pm

As noted in the OP, you call it "an item".
Now you say it is "a thing".

I don't doubt that NASA is hiding the juicy stuff from us (why else give us only such poor quality imagery, and inane explanations).
And the more people that are seeing "faces", and "tanks", and "aliens", and "animals", and "ancient ruins", in the images, the more it serves their agenda.

Martian and Lunar orbiters orbit much more closely than do Earth satellites, and there is much less atmosphere on those bodies to obscure the imagery, yet I can see down to individual houses and trees on Google Earth, even what vehicles are parked in the driveway. We see precious few images of such clarity from the Moon and Mars. Even the images taken by the rovers are far too grainy, like as if their cameras are about the same quality as an iPhone 3 camera, or worse.

For all the tax dollars spent obtaining this data, there should be a loud public outcry.
Paul

flyingcloud

Unread post by flyingcloud » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:03 am

thank-you for identifying the subject image