[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1056: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Thunderbolts Forum • View topic - An Alternative to Plate and Expansion Tectonics

An Alternative to Plate and Expansion Tectonics

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: An Alternative to Plate and Expansion Tectonics

Unread postby webolife » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:43 am

Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.
webolife

Unread postby moses » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:18 pm

webo,
we have both read about the geological column and there are layers missing in places.

The ark ?? No I am happy with Noah being 2350BC. In laminated deposition we don't need much survival, and lots of species disappeared. What we may need is lots of time for the survivors to breed up to large numbers.

<"Beautifully fits" -- because the Atlantic coasts are aligned with each other and with the mid-ocean ridge? You're thinking that a thousands-of-miles wide swath of electricity/plasma swept across and around the earth maintaining a fairly precise intensity and orientation, and width of sweep [sometime in the history of civilization?] and this accounts for the boundary ranges and oceans, yet no such phenomenon has ever been seen by modern humans in nature or a lab? "The edges" -- are you talking about the physical features of coastlines being [more simply] explainable by the action of an electric arc, than by runoff, weather and waves? webo>

We have all seen those craters on many planets and moons that have the raised edges and also a raised bit in the middle of the crater. So a different intensity current goes through that raised middle bit. Stock standard. Now if that middle current moves, what happens ?

The "S" shape of the Atlantic Ocean is characteristic of a Birkeland Current, as are the 4 prongs. And there is the channelling on other planets that look to be formed by EDM.

I actually think that periodically the Atlantic Ocean forming current reforms. I have been considering the possibilities a lot just lately. Timing such events is a pain. But I do feel that there was enough time after the last of this Atlantic Ocean forming current for a world-wide civilization to form. This was before the ice ages. Then a catastrophe putting Earth in a very elliptical orbit, etc.

The skill and pain is in seriously considering a whole range of theories. Even obviously wild theories tend to teach one something.
Cheers,
Mo
moses

Unread postby Robertus Maximus » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Robertus Maximus

Unread postby webolife » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:10 pm

RM,
What would you say is the best evidence that detracts from continental drift? I find the opposite to be the case.
Likewise, do you feel the average addition of a human hair width per year is a significant Earth radius change?
What discharges are you referring to? Lightning? Auroras?
Gravitation studies measure radially aligned density gradients... how does your explanation elucidate that?
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.
webolife

Unread postby Robertus Maximus » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Robertus Maximus

Unread postby webolife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:08 pm

OK, good answers, but you leave me a bit muddled by your combining various meanings of the word "discharge".
You seems to be broadly brushing discharge as a movement of any kind of plasma from one place to another...is that a good characterization?
I intentionally used "continental drift" -- are you saying that the magnetic anomaly evidence at ridges is the main controversy of continental drift? "Subduction" challenges offered by the "expansionists" also? What of transverse faults found extensively along the rift zones? How does your EDM swath account for those?
webolife

Unread postby Robertus Maximus » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:23 pm

Robertus Maximus

Unread postby Grey Cloud » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:19 pm

What is the (supposed) mechanism or cause of the plates pushing against each other? Put another way, why is the Earth's spin not forcing them apart due to centrifugal force? Sorry if these are daft questions.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.
Grey Cloud

Unread postby webolife » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:28 pm

GC,
I think the centrifugal piece could be more relevant than most suppose. What if:
... the supercontinent was originally centered at a primordial equator...
... its split was initiated by an impact/discharge event centered off what could have been at that time the south coast of Africa [now east coast Madagascar region] -- it could have spun any direction I suppose...
... centrifugal effects caused the moving plates into a rapid spreading phase...
... "tipping up" the earth like a disturbed top, into its present wobbly polar attitude...
... this stabilizing [due to centrifugal effects] repositioning of the axis of rotation brought the crust into its current slower drift mode over the several month [in my timing scenarios] period of more rapid separation...
... at the same time offsetting the axis into the long-period wobble it now is observed to have...
... this could help explain much of the magnetic pole shift data found in continental strata...
Unless you are of the "expanding earth" predilection, if the crust is spreading here, it must be compressing there.
All the other suppositions of continental drift might fit with this scenario.

RM,
As I understand it the magnetic striping observed in the late 1960s actually cemented the seafloor spreading [and continental drift] paradigm at the time. Shortly followed by the correlation of seismic, volcanic, and tectonic data, seafloor spreading and direct survey [later GPS] measurements that confirmed the systemic crust zone interactions which go by the name of "plate tectonics". This paradigm comprehensively explains the data better than any other geologic theory, which puts a huge ownness of responsibility for proof on an alternate theorist's shoulders.

The transverse faulting [orthogonal to the rifts] is not entirely well mapped, but these are generally considered lateral faults [modifying to thrust faults due to the spherical curvature], not extensional faults as you suggested.

Personally I do not find the subduction aspect of Plate Tectonics to be satisfying, except [as you said] in cartoons. I favor trench creation as a naturally isostatic counterpart to boundary ranges and island arcs with which they are aligned, and agree with you [and the expanding earth-ers] on that one facet.

I was taking college geology in the early '70s and the new theory was of course all the rage, but at the time I must say that at least at my university the appropriate questions were being asked, and I was somewhat astounded at the claim of subduction at the time... taught about it for a few years as a part of the standard public school curriculum, but also taught the kids to consider alternative views based on evidence, not to [ever] accept a scientific theory as a "fact".
webolife

Unread postby Robertus Maximus » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Robertus Maximus

Unread postby Robertus Maximus » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:53 pm

Robertus Maximus

Unread postby webolife » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:24 am

Let's not be too agreeable just yet...I still have lots to learn! :)
webolife

Unread postby Robertus Maximus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:37 am

Yet more evidence of continental crust found in the ocean basins- applying Occam’s razor which is more plausible- complex Plate Tectonic scenarios or simple subsidence?
Robertus Maximus

Unread postby Grey Cloud » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:18 am

Webolife and Robertus Maximus,
Thanks for the responses.
I'm struggling to grasp how pressure from below can move the plates laterally (vis a vis sea-floor spreading). Would not at least some of this pressure/energy go straight up and be detectable in some way?
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.
Grey Cloud

Unread postby webolife » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:19 am

webolife

PreviousNext

Return to Electric Universe - Planetary Science