Rock Strata Formation

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

GaryN

Re: Rock Strata Formation

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Is the rock at Larissa the same type as that at Myra perchance?
Marble at Larissa, limestone at Myra, but there seems to be some blurring of the definition, depends on the degree of metamorphosis.
So the theatre was rebuilt in the Roman era and the tombs still had paint on them in the C19th. So where does that leave the 'burning/melting' theory
?
At Petra, the inside of one temple still shows strong colours even though the outside seems to have suffered the same destructive forces as seen at Myra and Larissa, so why the paint at the Painted Tomb would have faded, I have no idea.
I have not yet found any reference to scientific testing of the rock that is so obviously different from one area to the other at Larissa, surely there would be some measurable chemical or crystal changes?
Another thing that bothers me is the actual construction of the tombs at Myra. The precision reminds me of other structures found at many other places around the world, this one in India being an example:
http://old.world-mysteries.com/mpl_11.htm

This to me is shows engineering at a level that should not have existed at the time, according to the history we are told. An interesting experiment was done to try and recreate some of the work at Petra, using the tools available at the time, and which showed just how difficult and time consuming it would have been. They did a nice job, but did use power tools for some of the work.
Looking at the amount of carving, particularly some of the fine detail in many of these rock-cut locations, well, I don't know what to think.
Petra: Lost City of Stone (Nova documentary, 55 Minutes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CowfQRzYoI
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Larrisa-
the walls were built with carved poros stones and were adorned with paintings... [a course limestone]
The upper part of the theatre was visible until the mid nineteenth century; yet, after the earthquake in Larissa in 1868, the cavea was covered by the ruins of brick houses destroyed, while new buildings were built on the consequent embankment. Moreover, as long as the monument had been visible, many of its stones were removed to be used as building material. In order to uncover the theatre, the then Ephor of Antiquities Apostolos Arvanitopoulos started the excavations in 1910, and brought to light part of the scene. The revelation of the monument was largely due to the broader expropriation programme that began in 1990, continued in 1998 and was completed in the year 2000.
http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/2/eh251.jsp?obj_id=738

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:31 pm

So the theatre was rebuilt in the Roman era and the tombs still had paint on them in the C19th. So where does that leave the 'burning/melting' theory
What I mean is:
a: When is your scenario supposed to have happened? If it is the Roman period then where are the reports, legends, rumours? Evidence?
b: How did paint survive your alleged plasma attack.

Images for Petra:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Petra ... 5oV4JcM%3A
Not seeing destruction here.

Rebuilding the Parthenon:
https://vimeo.com/23914660
Well worth your time (1 hour). The original build began in 447 and finished in 432BCE

Your Indian temple:
The Kailasanatha temple (Cave 16) is one of the 34 cave temples and monasteries known collectively as the Ellora Caves. Its construction is generally attributed to the 8th century Rashtrakuta king Krishna I. The temple architecture shows traces of Pallava and Chalukya styles.
The Kailasa temple lacks a dedicatory inscription, but there is no doubt that it was commissioned by a Rashtrakuta ruler.[2] Its construction is generally attributed to the Rashtrakuta king Krishna I (r. 756-773 CE), based on two epigraphs that link the temple to "Krishnaraja"
Both quotes from the Wiki article. Early mediaeval, no 'ancient mysteries' here.
Last edited by Grey Cloud on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:49 pm

Seasmith,
When I saw the word 'culture' in the link I had to double-check that the post was by you. :lol:
This jumped out at me from the article on the second theatre:
It is not certain whether Pefkakia hill was standing alone or formed the natural prolongation of Frourio hill; nevertheless, we know that the area was already inhabited in the Early Bronze Age (third millennium BC). By the finding of an inscribed column dedicated to Dimitra and Kore, it is deemed that, during classical antiquity, besides the theatre, here lied also a Thesmoforio, a temple dedicated to these two deities.
http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/2/eh251.jsp?obj_id=739
Now there is the real 'ancient mysteries'.
Dimitra and Kore = Demeter and the Maiden (Persephone).
I wonder why the Thesmoforio was 'deemed' to be Classical period. Maybe the Greek dialect of the inscription or the architectural style? Or maybe they couldn't countenance a Thesmoforio dating back to the 3rd millenium?
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:42 pm

speaking of "Rock Strata Formation"

Just a lurid interlude in this fascinating discussion of old world calcium carbonate wonders,
here a freshly raised mountain range from the new world.
Leave the bong at base camp.
Ausangate or Auzangate (in hispanicized spellings) is a mountain of the Willkanuta mountain range in the Andes of Peru. With an elevation of 6,384 metres it is ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=ausanga ... cQ_AUIBygC

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:57 am

Seasmith,
Nice find but they will never catch on. People prefer their mountains to look natural.

Thought this was interesting though:
Every year the Quyllur Rit'i (Quechua for "star snow") festival which attracts thousands of Quechua pilgrims is celebrated about 20 km north of the Ausangate at the mountain Qullqipunku.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ausangate

Which led to this:
The Quyllurit'i festival falls in a period of time when the Pleiades constellation, or Seven Sisters, a 7-star cluster in the Taurus Constellation, disappears and reappears in the Southern Hemisphere.
Late May-early June.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quyllurit%27i

The Pleiades yet again.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:30 am

Just for the record: I see two issues here, one is the natural rock formartions and t'other is the man-made structures. I'm quite happy to have the man-made discussion over on the old 'Ancient Texts' thread to avoid any further derailing of this one.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:58 pm

HUMAN‐ANIMAL FOSSIL FOOT PRINTS
In the north‐western parts of the land named
as Katakekaumene, the explorations revealed
interesting information that will take the history
of the region back to very early periods .....

An interesting doc , http://www.rhodes.aegean.gr/maa_journal/8_Akdeniz.pdf :geek:

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:05 pm

@s
Images for Petra:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Petra ... 5oV4JcM%3A
Not seeing destruction here.
Sorry,I was thinking of this one,
not Petra, there are so many of these kinds of sites it's easy to get muxed ip. The paint inside can be seen in some images, so the plasma never entered inside, wasn't attracted. Maybe many more of the structures were painted, and the paint would be first to go in such an event as surfaces are eroded. Maybe there were many more structures eroded away completely, or are to be found under feet of sediment?
a: When is your scenario supposed to have happened? If it is the Roman period then where are the reports, legends, rumours? Evidence?
That's the big question. I seriously have to consider that the times we are given for many past places, people and events has been changed by persons unknown, for reasons unknown. There may be 1000 year discrepancies in some cases.
Your Indian temple
Both quotes from the Wiki article. Early mediaeval, no 'ancient mysteries' here.
We clearly have very different opinions of what humans of that proposed time, with chisels, were capable of. It may well be, as others have suggested, that the Egyptians did not build the pyramids or Aswan, and similarly I do not think the Bedouin created Petra, nor Krishna I the Kailasa Temple, and there are many other instances around the world. I'm very tempted to go as far as saying that Peter the Great did not build the palaces of St.Petersburg, so the conversation, if it was to continue, should move to the NIAMI forums really. The history we are taught, IMO, is a total fabrication, a creation most likely of the Prussians, who then gave us the school system that has perpetuated their fabricated history.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:15 pm

`
G,
That post should be
@GC

s

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:22 pm

Gary,
I agree that this conspiracy nonsense belongs in NIAMI - why not open a thread about the alteration of history or somesuch?

Where is the building in the new image?

The Nabataeans built Petra not the Bedouin.

I doubt very much that Prussian influence extended to India in the C8th (or any other period for that mmatter).
We clearly have very different opinions of what humans of that proposed time, with chisels, were capable of.
When they, e.g., renovate Gothic cathedrals the sculting is done by humans with chisels. What do you think a modern human with chisel can do that an ancient period human with chisel cannot.
It is well documented by the Greeks and others that their sculptors and masons used chisels. Renaissance artists and masons used chisels. All well documented by different types of people from different countries and cultures at different time periods. Their is not one shred of evidence that anybody, anywhere at any time ever used anything other than some form of hand-tool.
I'm very tempted to go as far as saying that Peter the Great did not build the palaces of St.Petersburg
Again, absolutely no evidence to the contrary. These type of building take years to complete. People such as diplomats and merchants see the construction work and write home about it.
The history we are taught, IMO, is a total fabrication, a creation most likely of the Prussians, who then gave us the school system that has perpetuated their fabricated history
I cannot comment on the history you were taught but I can tell you that the history I was taught and which I've been studying for over 50 years is not a fabrication - theories are backed up by evidence, e.g. inscriptions in stone, all sorts of written texts - diplomatic papers, private diaries, birth certificates, to name a few.
You view of history is very skewed if you think there was ever a period in European history where the Prussians could exert influence on anywhere near the scale you are suggesting.

If you have any sort of evidence to counter what I have written, I would be happy to see it/read it.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:24 pm

seasmith wrote:`
G,
That post should be
@GC

s
Of course, sorry s.

@GC
What do you think a modern human with chisel can do that an ancient period human with chisel cannot.
With the rock-cut tombs/temples etc, I was wondering where all the chisels went? There must have been tens of thousands of them during construction, I don't see any mention of huge collections of these chisels being found, or who would have made them. The other issue, as mentioned in the Parthenon video is the lack of evidence for plans or blueprints, and with the Kailasa temple I can not imagine WHY someone would would even think to attack a solid rock hill to build a temple? Where to start? Can you imagine the amount of planning and engineering involved if that were to be attempted today? The logistics of such a project, well, I just have to shake my head, I can't imagine it at all.
I'll look into the subject a little more, maybe I'll change my mind as I learn more.

To Use or Not to Use a Minoan Chisel? Ancient Technology in a New Light
http://journal.exarc.net/issue-2014-2/e ... -new-light

STONE project
http://www.stoneproject.org/

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:30 pm

Gary,
My interpretation of the topic of this thread is a discussion of how the geological column or any specific parts or layers, came to be. I presume that the emphasis would be on catastrophic (especially plasma) interpretations contrasted to the uniformitarian.
I am not sure where you are going with your posts, but it seems to be better suited to the NIAMI board, and possibly not even that.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:00 am

Geologic History of North America Gets Overturned

It's time to redraw the map of the world during the reign of the dinosaurs, two scientists say.

The story begins 200 million years ago, just before the Atlantic Ocean basin first opened. North America was crammed into the Pangaea supercontinent and the vast Panthalassa Ocean covered the rest of the planet.
Imagine a setting like today's Andes in South America.
But for some scientists, the puzzle pieces just didn't fit this picture.

Sigloch looked deep into the mantle, at the remnants of oceanic crust that remain beneath North America..... No one had seen these old pieces of crust in this detail before because it requires powerful computers and very dense arrays of seismic monitoring equipment, both of which came about in the last decade.

Sigloch discovered a vertical pile of oceanic crust segments stacked on top of one another like bricks. The massive wall runs from northwest Canada to Central America, and is 250 to...
Because geologists know the travels of North America in detail, thanks to magnetic stripes in the Atlantic Ocean, the researchers can pull back the continent and compare it to the position of subducted crust.

... This impact was responsible for raising the initial Rocky Mountains, Mihalynuk said.
In fact, the entire western Panthalassic was more like the Southwest Pacific, where northeast Australia collides with islands, microcontinents disappear into the Earth, and there are flip-flopping subduction zones, the study authors said.

"The ocean basin was not a vast abyssal plain," Mihalynuk told OurAmazingPlanet. "The situation is much more like the Southwest Pacific than offshore South America."
...The history revealed by the mantle slabs helps explain some baffling geology, such as rocks carried 1,200 miles (2,000 km) from Mexico to Canada.

Sigloch also found another, more westerly slab wall connected to the Cascadia trench off Washington and Oregon, into which the last remnant of the Farallon plate, now called the Juan de Fuca, is sub ducting.

http://www.geologyin.com/2016/10/geolog ... cBebbwy.99

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:46 am

The story begins 200 million years ago, just before the Atlantic Ocean basin first opened. North America was crammed into the Pangaea supercontinent and the vast Panthalassa Ocean covered the rest of the planet.
Should be Fairy Tale story. Nodoby has any idea of what may have happened to the surface of the world in the distant past. What has happened in the recent past is highly disputable, and their models based on outdated assumptions. The evidence for great electrical catastrophes in the not too distant past is indesputable, and propper scientific testing would confirm it. Anything mainstream geologists come up with should be taken with a Sea of salt.