How Does This Electrical Device Work?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Lloyd

How Does This Electrical Device Work?

Unread post by Lloyd » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:04 pm

Cheap Electricity
A cheap DIY device supposedly turns radio waves, heat etc into electricity that can power LED lights etc. This is free energy from the air. The parts are listed in the following excerpt from an article. Can our electrical experts tell us details about the parts and how to put them together?

13-Year-Old Creates Cheap Energy Harvesting Device [Electricity]
2016-02-18, KTVN News
http://www.ktvn.com/story/31260413/13-y ... ing-device
Max Loughan ... created an electromagnetic harvester out of a coffee can, some wire, two coils, and a spoon. "This cost me 14 bucks," Max said. The harvester conducts radio waves, thermal, and static energy, and turns it into electricity. "This wire takes energy from the air." And the inside the coffee can, "We turn it from AC to DC." We took the device outside, and wrapped Max's twin brother, Jack, in a string of L.E.D. lights. Max connects the lights to the harvester, and sure enough, they turned on.

Lloyd

Re: How Does This Electrical Device Work?

Unread post by Lloyd » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:09 pm

While I was hoping to find out somewhere online how the device is put together, I found this video, Time to END The Electricity Racket - FREE & NATURAL ELECTRICITY, PROOF at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CIizY5nb9I and now I'm curious what any experts may make of it. His tech is said to produce radiant energy or something instead of electricity which can do a lot of work without danger of killing anyone. He talks about oscillating DC EM current, instead of electricity. It lights up burned out fluorescent tubes. He says the tubes and bulbs can last forever, since they don't burn anything out. I guess he says it provides free energy, maybe via an antenna or something like that. I think he uses a generator that he calls a modulator, which he runs at 4,000 rpm to improve the currents. I'm sorry I can't describe his demonstration better, but I'm fairly ignorant about electricity etc. The video lasts over an hour and there's a second one at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ7I9XgaW3A called Tesla's Secret finally understood (Gerard Morin). That one is also over an hour long. I guess the second one involved him explaining things more. I've only listened so far to the first one for about half an hour.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:05 am

The article about the coffee can was not helpful in knowing the design.

He must have taken Tesla at heart and build it with one of his designs.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

Pi sees

Unread post by Pi sees » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:41 am

It sounds like it could be an electromagnetic harvester drawing power from mains electricity.

kell1990

Unread post by kell1990 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:21 pm

Lloyd wrote:Cheap Electricity
A cheap DIY device supposedly turns radio waves, heat etc into electricity that can power LED lights etc. This is free energy from the air. The parts are listed in the following excerpt from an article. Can our electrical experts tell us details about the parts and how to put them together?

13-Year-Old Creates Cheap Energy Harvesting Device [Electricity]
2016-02-18, KTVN News
http://www.ktvn.com/story/31260413/13-y ... ing-device
Max Loughan ... created an electromagnetic harvester out of a coffee can, some wire, two coils, and a spoon. "This cost me 14 bucks," Max said. The harvester conducts radio waves, thermal, and static energy, and turns it into electricity. "This wire takes energy from the air." And the inside the coffee can, "We turn it from AC to DC." We took the device outside, and wrapped Max's twin brother, Jack, in a string of L.E.D. lights. Max connects the lights to the harvester, and sure enough, they turned on.
I actually watched the video and was stunned by it. One thing that did catch my attention on the video was this kid's statements. "I was put on this Earth ..." to do a certain thing. Now obviously he must have done this before.

So how did he know what to do? The only explanation I can come up with is that he must have done this in a previous life, and that he has reincarnated in order to accomplish these things. (Right about here the moderators are beginning to squirm in their seats, about some religious discussion, which is NOT my purpose here,)

If that is so, then many other examples of "savantism" could also be explained this way.

Or so I think.

JHL

Unread post by JHL » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:38 am

Lloyd wrote:Cheap Electricity
If this thing's harvesting generated energy with any efficiency, which is spectacularly unlikely, that energy was generated elsewhere at a cost and any conversion to current must be much than 100%. "Pi sees" probably has it: It's a small inductive system (note the copper coil) scavenging a small current from the local 60Hz mains field, which power companies really frown on.

If it's recovering scant ambient heat, it's a Peltier device of some sort, and again, not exactly an efficient convertor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_cooling

What you're looking for is over-unity. That doesn't exist in any casual sense, if in any sense whatsoever. Instead, we call these apparatus lossy systems, which include powering generators with motors - you won't get far claiming over-unity output because over unity is perpetual motion plus excess energy produced. On the other hand, a scavenging apparatus draws off some small percentage of already-produced energy and as such, is nothing but a light (LEDs in this case) with an airgap between it and the local power grid. Trivial to make.

The kid seems proud of himself but eventually he'll figure out what he's got. Incline Village is also one of the richest and therefore one of the most isolated communities in the country. Someone knew how to contact the Press...

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:02 pm

JHL, I don't know if Max's device draws from electric power lines, but what about Gerard Morin's videos in my second post? He says RF energy is free, powerful and very safe, and it's what Tesla's tower was producing. Do you have time to see the two videos? I don't think anyone there, either Max or Gerard, is talking about perpetual motion, just free energy, like solar and wind are free.

telemachus

Unread post by telemachus » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:47 pm

It also brings to mind the Kapanadze free energy device. The Kapanadze device seems to iclude a radiator buried in the ground, Tesla coil, a spark gap, ferrite cores from old TV HV transformers, and some other unidentified components:
http://www.rexresearch.com/kapanadze/kapanadze.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fgsdVuQQlg

Has anyone heard more about how to build Max's device? I sent him an email via his Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/loughanlabs/) but haven't receive any response about how to build it.