Recovered: CMB model is broken and ...

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bboyer

Recovered: CMB model is broken and ...

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:15 pm

... I've got a bucket for you, Dave.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:19 am Post subject: CMB model is broken....And I've got a bucket for you, Dave. Reply with quote
OP "upriver"

First the bucket.
The new discovery, if confirmed, means that the structure superimposed on the cosmic microwave background is produced in the Milky Way and does not have a cosmic origin. Thus the cosmic microwave background signal from the early universe may be smoother than anyone expected, which raises new questions as to how structure ever emerged in the universe to create galaxies.

How about, "The CMB is of local galactic origin." <- Thats a period at the end of the sentence.

Article....

Cosmological Data Affected By An Unexpected Source Of Radiation In Interstellar Space

Dr. Gerrit Verschuur, a pioneer in the science of radio astronomy, has been studying the properties of the Milky Way using interstellar HI for almost 50 years. According to his recent work, it appears that many of the small-scale structures observed by WMAP are correlated with HI.
by Staff Writers
Memphis TN (SPX) Nov 13, 2007
The widely lauded discovery of small-scale structure in the cosmic microwave background may be seriously affected by a previously unidentified source of radio emission in our own Milky Way Galaxy. This is the conclusion arrived at by Dr. Gerrit Verschuur, Adjunct Professor of Physics at the University of Memphis. His work will be published in the December 10 issue of the Astrophysical Journal.

Verschuur was studying data from the first ever all-sky survey of interstellar neutral hydrogen (HI) when he noticed intriguing similarities to the structure observed by the Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) spacecraft.

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Cosmo ... e_999.html
Oh, wait a minute... Big Bang Busted, as Mythbusters would say.

SOS Save Our Science.
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Re: Recovered: CMB model is broken and ...

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:17 pm

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "Solar"

Priceless.
"The new discovery, if confirmed, means that the structure superimposed on the cosmic microwave background is produced in the Milky Way and does not have a cosmic origin."
Well, well. The local "fog" recognized as such by one of their own.
"...what does the Cosmic Microwave Background signify? The simplest answer, from the highly successful field of plasma cosmology, is that it represents the natural microwave radiation from electric current filaments in interstellar plasma local to the Sun. Radio astronomers have mapped the interstellar hydrogen filaments by using longer wavelength receivers. The dense thicket formed by those filaments produces a perfect fog of microwave radiation - as if we were located inside a microwave oven. Instead of the Cosmic Microwave Background, it is the Interstellar Microwave Background. That makes sense of the fact that the CMB is too smooth to account for the lumpiness of galaxies and galactic clusters in the universe." - Holes in Space TPOD
A very good find Upriver.
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:18 pm

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:42 pm Post subject: CMB model is broken....And I've got a bucket for you, Dave. Reply with quote
OP "davesmith_au"

LOL!!

I actually scored a copy of Verschuur's paper some time ago, but was waiting for it to 'go public' before commenting... it's great news for us, not so great for mainstream cosmology...

The CMB should rightly be renamed the LMB, it certainly appears to be a Local phenomenon, he's got literally hundreds of (local) sky maps which when overlaid on the corresponding areas of WMAP data yeild remarkable similarities.

When I have time I'll see if I can dig up a copy of the paper, though it may be one of the several revisions he was forced to do to get anything at all published. Such is the control of our 'peer reviewers'.

In it there are several of the overlays, if I recall correctly, and not only that but they seem to look not unlike Anthony Peratt's simulations of somethingorother... forgive me not having all the info to hand, but it was a while back.

Well done for bringing it up now ('scuse the pun!) Upriver, I'll do a little digging and see what I can come up with.

Cheers, Dave Smith.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:19 pm

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "lk"

- Verschuur is a name that sounded familiar, so I did a search for it at this site and got the following. Looks like he or she is an ally.
<old forum link, no longer valid>

ScienceApologist Posted:
Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:41 pm Post subject: Re: Does a neutral plasma carry an electric current? ...
[*]Recent research seems to show evidence of astrophysical occurrences of critical ionizaion velocity by radio astronomer, Gerrit L. Verschuur (2007), and confirm Alfvén prediction in 1942 (history)
Unconfirmed by anyone but this guy. When is he getting this published in an astronomy journal? Oh wait, he's not...
http://www.thunderbolts.info/electricsky.htm
“I really love this book. It is causing me to rethink a great deal of my own work. I am convinced that The Electric Sky deserves the widest possible readership…. I felt genuine excitement while reading and felt I was delving into a delicious feast of new ideas.”
– Gerrit L. Verschuur, PhD, University of Manchester. A well-known radio astronomer and writer, presently at the Physics Department, University of Memphis. He is the author of "Interstellar matters : essays on curiosity and astronomical discovery", and "The invisible universe – The Story of Radio Astronomy” as well as many other books and scientific papers.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:51 am Post subject: Found the paper, you can empty the bucket... Reply with quote
OP "davesmith_au"

Found it!!

Looks like my desktop filing system *shove it in there and hope I can find it later* :shock: actually works.

One of Verschuur's revisions, though I'm unsure if this is the final published paper, can be found here. If you do a search at arxiv.org you'll probably come up with the published version, if this is not it.

Happy reading, and you can safely empty the bucket... you won't be needing it for a little while. This is one refreshing paper.

Cheers, Dave Smith.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:23 pm

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "hyper.real"

I think this is going to be B-i-g - if the research can be got out.

I have found a copy of a different Verschuur paper, this from IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, vol 35, no 4, August 2007, titled "On the Critical Ionization Velocity Effect in Interstellar Space and Possible Detection of Related Continuum Emission." from here:
http://plasmascience.net/tpu/downloadsC ... g2007b.pdf

The following is a rough precis (I find this stuff hard going. YMMV).

Concerning the observed radio spectra of neutral hydrogen clouds. The emission lines in the spectra exhiibit broadening, generally considered to arise from motion. The author notes that line widths representing 34 km/s, when understood to be of kinetic origin, indicate a temperature of 24 000 K - at which temperature the neutral hydrogen should be ionized, and not observable, i.e. because it no longer is "neutral hydrogen". Say: paradox.

Verschuur analyses these spectra in detail. The idea is that the line broadening can be explained with actual values of critical ionization velocity (CIV), which (after Alfven) is "the velocity at which a neutral particle traveling into plasma permeated by a magnetic field becomes ionized when its kinetic energy is equal to its ionization potential". The emission lines represent activity of hydrogen at the boundary between neutral masses and plasma. By mapping this activity in detail, it becomes possible to infer from gradients in the activity, a general structure for the neutral and plasma masses. An example of a twisted filament structure is given, which in the author's view is "local".

I read this as highly suggestive of large-scale local (galactic) plasma networks, i.e circuits.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:24 pm

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "bdw000"

Alexander Dalgarno of Harvard says that at least some of the "CMB" might even be from within THE SOLAR SYSTEM.

His argument stems from the discovery that comets emit X-rays.

The X-rays are caused be certain ions (Oxygen 8+) in the solar wind. The CMB could be caused by the same mechanism, just less-ionized particles (or more diffuse Hydrogen???).

Since we are surrounded by some amount of (diffuse) Hydrogen gas (neutral, not protons), this process will appear to come "from all around," just like the "CMB." The reason the X-rays show up around comets, I guess (see my signature!), is because they are surrounded by a lot more Hydrogen gas.

I still cannot believe that Dalgarno's idea has not become big news. It fits perfectly with what this guy is saying.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:25 pm

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "bdw000"

I see that the establishment response is going to be the same as for Halton Arp: "statistically insignificant."

http://www.wired.com/science/space/news ... 1/big_bang#

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:26 pm

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "Solar"
bdw000 wrote: I see that the establishment response is going to be the same as for Halton Arp: "statistically insignificant."
http://www.wired.com/science/space/news ... 1/big_bang#
Good catch. They're going to lie through their teeth basically. Massage and avoid the thing saying that it 'could be' - "statistically insignificant" will be their talking point in attempting to cast it aside. It will take time but that's yet another very significant nail in coffin of BB.

Check out this Gerrit L. Verschuur Abstract Cool

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:27 pm

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "dragoneye"

When I read articles like this one in Wired I just have to think that the foundation of the BB theory is crumbling.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:28 pm

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "Michael Mozina"
dragoneye wrote: When I read articles like this one in Wired I just have to think that the foundation of the BB theory is crumbling.

That is because the currently vogue BB (Lambda-CDM) theory is founded on metaphysics and blatant pseudoscience. It is not founded on real physics and experimental observation. It's essentially a metaphysical cludge, and it's easy to demonstrate.

The moment one points out that no known vector or scalar field in nature will retain near constant density over several exponential increases in volume like their mythical inflaton field, the whole mainstream runs for cover. They never address that point in public. They skirt the issue, close the thread, or ban the messenger. Sometimes they do all three. ;)

That's only the first metaphysical entity that Lambda-CMD theory is based on. The more you look under the hood, the more it's obvious that the whole thing is held together with bubble gum pseudoscientific concepts and bailing wire mathematical mythologies.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:30 pm

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "Pluto"

Hello All

Michael, you are so right.

The problem is this:

Main stream really think that they are right and are backed by science facts.

When you talk to main stream about the formation of super cluster of clusters of galaxies. They say that these monsters can be formed in just a few hundred million years.

Ad hoc ideas can go far far away to distant galaxies.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:31 pm

- 30 -