TPOD: Galactic Speedway

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Eutrophicated1

TPOD: Galactic Speedway

Unread post by Eutrophicated1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:35 pm

Since stars can be thought of as the foci for immense energies from the galaxies in which they live, their activities cannot be based on whether they possess a certain mass. Instead, they are externally powered objects: they are bodies formed electromagnetically where gigantic plasma filaments have squeezed matter in what is called a “z-pinch.” Electric fields are where the seeds of supernovae are planted.
I'm having trouble reconciling this statement from the TPOD listed in the subject.

If stars energies are only governed by the power of the Birkland Currents driving them, and their activities are not based on the mass they possess, is there no correlation between a stars mass and the energies it is capable of storing?
Is a blue giant no more energetic than a red dwarf?

Perhaps the mass of stars is related to the size and power of the Birkland Currents creating them?

Thanks,
Eutrophicated1

Steve Smith

Re: TPOD: Galactic Speedway

Unread post by Steve Smith » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Perhaps the mass of stars is related to the size and power of the Birkland Currents creating them?
Yes.

Eutrophicated1

Unread post by Eutrophicated1 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:36 pm

Hence, my questions regarding the cause and effect of stars' activities: Is there no point in time where some of a star's activities is caused by its mass, which can be directly relatable to the energies it has stored or perhaps even produced by its own coronal or photospheric activities? Is there really no activity which is not immediately directly caused by the Birkland Currents coming into it?

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Since field-aligned currents create electromagnetic fields, mass variations are part of the process. Fluctuations in the incoming power cause photospheric oscillations, resulting in mass ejections -- high velocity matter carries a lot of mass into the Solar System.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:07 am

Eutrophicated1 wrote:Hence, my questions regarding the cause and effect of stars' activities: Is there no point in time where some of a star's activities is caused by its mass, which can be directly relatable to the energies it has stored or perhaps even produced by its own coronal or photospheric activities? Is there really no activity which is not immediately directly caused by the Birkland Currents coming into it?
Please be aware that we really do not know the "mass" of stars, a lot of star sizes are wrong in mainstream accounts. We do know the size of our sun and thus its volume, but density? Not so much, plasmoids in a z-pinch probably start out hollow (ie not much matter inside the star), the plasma ball has its matter sorted (tacked on) from the outside in. The process as Steve said is dominated by EM.

I do think that a z-pinch subsides, ie there is a point where the star is formed and not much matter falls in any more, the ongoing energy would come from the z-pinch still, but there are probably also electrochemical* reactions happening in the stars plasma. This would mean that after formation the star radiates more energy than it is receiving.

But that is my thinking due to GTSM**, in EU it is said there are nuclear reactions taking place on/at the surface of the star, but they again would be influenced most by the incoming energy (EM). A nuclear reaction is heat releasing and in EU it is where the neutrinos of the Sun come from.

Regards,
Daniel

*exothermic in nature, ie heat releasing.
** influenced by http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... start=2670
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

DJunqueira

Unread post by DJunqueira » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:00 pm

In relation to the z-pinch hollow stuff, I wonder if this famous picture of space for Windows couldn't show such hollow in formation. Take the hourglass form to the top-left and then try to visualize the top and bottom of it being the round yellow forms, the Birkeland current being the red line, and the plasma formation being the blue 'can' form in the middle, and this 'can' being hollow in the dark part.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:17 am

D_Archer said:
I do think that a z-pinch subsides, ie there is a point where the star is formed and not much matter falls in any more, the ongoing energy would come from the z-pinch still, but there are probably also electrochemical* reactions happening in the stars plasma.
I agree. Most EU discussions of the stars, and related "z" pinches, do not differentiate between star formation and ongoing operational conditions. I think these conditions are probably very different, at least in scale and intensity, if not in the basic electric nature of energies involved.