Gravity Waves

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

+EyeOn-W-ANeed2Know

Another claim of finding possible distant G waves

Unread post by +EyeOn-W-ANeed2Know » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:25 pm

Not that I really think they know what the heck they're actually looking at,
but it seems to have Larry Krauss excited.

https://www.rt.com/news/328632-ripples- ... -einstein/

D_Archer

Re: Another claim of finding possible distant G waves

Unread post by D_Archer » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:09 am

LIGO is already a failure (null detections all the time), i am sure they would try anything to salvage it.

Be very critical if there is a "finding".

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:32 am

I find it bizarre that they would see fit to announce that they "may" have discovered g waves. What does that mean? It sounds like they are reporting on a hunch or a rumor, which until there is something that is actually scientific, means absolutely nothing!

+EyeOn-W-ANeed2Know

Unread post by +EyeOn-W-ANeed2Know » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:03 am

nick c wrote:I find it bizarre that they would see fit to announce that they "may" have discovered g waves. What does that mean? It sounds like they are reporting on a hunch or a rumor, which until there is something that is actually scientific, means absolutely nothing!
I guess it sounds better than "We haven't figured out how to spin it as proof yet." ;)

Zyxzevn

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:09 pm

As I understand they "detect" gravity waves by measuring the changes in the time it takes for light to reach a certain distances.

I think they find a changes in the dimensions of the earth's crust due to larger solar activity.

The more I learn of its maths, its basics and its experiments, the more I realize GR is one of the greatest myths of our sciences.
More ** from zyxzevn at: Paradigm change and C@

Michael Mozina

Unread post by Michael Mozina » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:22 am

nick c wrote:I find it bizarre that they would see fit to announce that they "may" have discovered g waves. What does that mean? It sounds like they are reporting on a hunch or a rumor, which until there is something that is actually scientific, means absolutely nothing!
It does have that Bicep2 fiasco smell, doesn't it? First we got the "public" proclamation of a 5+ sigma "discovery" from the Bicep2 folks (lots and lots of names on that paper), only to have the whole claim turn to dust by the time it passed peer review.

This "science by blog entry" nonsense that the mainstream has been engaging in recently has the feel of pure desperation.

I'm actually pretty open to the idea of finding gravity waves via LIGO data, but I sure don't much care for the public rumor mill approach to "science".

+EyeOn-W-ANeed2Know

Unread post by +EyeOn-W-ANeed2Know » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:24 pm

Apparently the team is going to be making another big announcement in the next day or so.

I've read some interesting speculation on it; from simply a confirmation of their own previous press release to the possible detection of "2 super dense objects" in the center about to collide.

While there might have been a detection of objects, I can't help but wonder how they're so sure they know about the density... (I mean other than they need them to be SDOs to fit the math of the colliding BHs scenario.)

Seriously, if the density of distant things was so easy to accurately predict, then why was Phil's bouncy landing on 67P such a surprise?

The funny thing is when I've tried to dig deeper into the specifics behind their excitement, apparently ALL of this is actually based on assumptions as to the cause of "spiraling forces" and the decreasing timing of a "chirp" signal.

Now I'm pretty sure I don't really need to ask, but does anyone here have an alternative explanation as to what this could possibly represent? :D

Zyxzevn

Colliding black holes and gravity waves OR something else..

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:25 pm

More Gravitational Wave Rumors: Colliding Black Holes?

2 black holes (of 36 and 29 times the mass of our sun) collided and merged to create a more massive black hole "weighing in" at 62 solar masses. He also hints that the gravitational wave signal reveals the resulting black hole is spinning (a "Kerr" black hole).

Or maybe it is just the electrical compression of rock caused by the solar flares.
Or maybe it is caused by magma flows underneath the earth's crust.

As I expected, they found something. And without much hesitation they predict where it comes from.
"none of these rumors are being circulated by LIGO scientists themselves,
but by physicists who are working with"

They should remove all the PHD people and give them a crystal ball instead.

The size of the "black holes" is rather small too, and I expect that these are "theorized" by
the former PHD students. I don't know if these are even theoretically possible in that size.

Because gravity waves are supposed to go with the speed of light, they need to be accompanied by
an observation at the same time.

I predict that the next "gravity wave" will be when the next solar flare strikes.

Of course it can be something that we don't know yet.
But because General Relativity is even flawed at the math does not follow the observations,
I don't think that gravity has anything to do with it.

+EyeOn-W-ANeed2Know

Re: Colliding black holes and gravity waves OR something els

Unread post by +EyeOn-W-ANeed2Know » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:33 pm

LOL! I just added a post to my previous thread on this too. :)

FS3

Unread post by FS3 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:34 am

Hi folks,

me thinks all this it's about the ongoing funding for eLISA. As NASA had drawn back from the LISA project they desperately need something to prolong the endless game. Seems, it will be rather more a hint than any "proof" tomorrow...

Moneygames.

I wrote about it in German on the FS3 blog where there is some ELECTRIC UNIVERSE rumble from time to time, as well as on my Twitter.

Similar, as the endless story about the Dark Hatter Matter.

FS3

Zyxzevn

Re: Colliding black holes and gravity waves OR something els

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:22 am

Forgot about that threat. If mods got time, they can move my post to the other thread.

Zyxzevn

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:32 am

FS3 wrote: me thinks all this it's about the ongoing funding for eLISA
That makes sense.

The official report would be: "We found something, but are not sure. We need more research."

FS3

LIVE PRESENTATION

Unread post by FS3 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:53 am

LIVESTREAM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7293kAiPZw

Circular reasoning at it's best. Black 'ole "mergers" etc.. I would still hold my breath...

But judge for yourself!
FS3

Xantos

Unread post by Xantos » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:01 am

I don't know if this news and signal prove anything about Einstein.

I wonder though...what is the difference between this experiment (LIGO) and the Michelson-Morley experiment. They are both interferometers (laser) and the LIGO is just a LOT bigger than MM. So doesn't this experiment prove aether? Isn't this the result that they were looking for while looking for aether with MM experiment?

Also how can they be sure that those were two black holes...? Are there only two black holes in the whole Universe? Wouldn't there be a LOT of noisy data?

Are they mistaking two black holes for Earth and the Moon? Or Earth and the Sun? Is there a correlation with tidal forces?

Too many questions for such a simple graph and arbitrarily oriented interferometer. I remain skeptic about Einstein.

Giffyguy

Unread post by Giffyguy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:48 am

Now they're claiming they HAVE found g-waves (not "may have"), and they are claiming that it is confirmed to be the result of two black holes colliding.

If black holes don't exist, and are undetectable anyway because they are invisible, I'm not sure how they would claim to be able to "confirm" any of this.

Could an electromagnetic event cause so-called "gravitational lensing" and other black-hole-related phenomena, AND also create something they might perceive as gravitational waves?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/einsteins-gravitational-waves-detected-in-scientific-milestone/ar-BBpoBbp