Recovered: EU & Diocotron Instabilities

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bboyer

Recovered: EU & Diocotron Instabilities

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:26 am

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:48 pm Post subject: EU & Diocotron Instabilities
OP "Solar"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of necessity and owing to their inter-relatedness, this thread seeks to unite three existing threads.

1.The Omnipresent 120 deg. pattern in the EU

2.When Light is Absorbed by Nothingness

3.There's a gaping hole in the universe!

Item 1:

Dicotron Instability- A characteristic dynamic swirling pattern of turbulence along cellular areas of differing velocity, density, and or charge potential.

"it is obvious that the force free magnetic field is helical. The force free configuration evolves in final steps of the pinch evolution and matches the onset of helical mode. If, in the cylindrical pinch, the charge is separated in radial direction for some reasons, the radial electric field arises. As a consequence, the pinch azimuthally rotates due to particle drift in perpendicular Er and Bz fields. On the pinch surface Kelvin-Helmholtz like instability called the diocotron instability evolves."- Dicotron Instabilities
dico1.jpg

Item 2:

" A polarization induced charge sepetation also occurs in each arm, which, as it thins our, produces a radial electric field across the arm. Because of this field, the arm is susceptible to the dicotron instability (Peratt, 1992). This instability appears as a wave motion in each arm..." - pg.172 Peratt:

A very good paper buy Peratt above that initially sent me off researching dicotron instabilities about a month ago while looking at galaxy rotation curves. It was shortly thereafter that I saw reference to this feature via The Electric Universe .pdf as follows:

Item 3:
dico2.jpg

"ABOVE LEFT: an image of a laboratory ‘diocotron’ instability in a 58-microampere beam of electrons. The enormous scalability of plasma phenomena is evident in the same type of instability in the arms of a galaxy (RIGHT)."

Which then leads nicely via the same document into...

Item 4:
voidedge.jpg

"It has recently been found that spiral galaxies located on the shells of the largest cosmic ‘voids’ have rotation axes that lie preferentially on the ‘void’ surface. Plasma cosmology predicts this arrangement because spiral galaxies will be born with their rotation axes aligned with the current filaments and sheets that surround the ‘voids.’ - pg. 40 The Electric Universe

Thornhill and Talbott via Item 4 reach an amazing conclusion, deduction, theory etc i.e. in summing the relationship up. When considering the alignment of the axis of spiral galaxies and their characteristic shapes - the possibility that large gigalightyear long Birkeland current filaments and current sheets may also define the the outer "shells" or cellular walls of differing plasma regions is just staggeringly gorgeous!!!

"It cannot be gravity, therefore, it must be the electric force which creates sparks, lightnings, spiculae, filaments of the penumbra, chromosphere, corona, flares, coronal mass ejections, filaments of supernova remnants, jets of young stars and radiogalaxies, many filaments of superclusters, e.g. the Aquarius filament of 23 superclusters in the length of about 1 gigalightyear! The motion of the charged matter is caused by electrostatic repulsion and/or attraction... The whole Universe mainly consists of filaments and big voids." - Dr. László Körtvélyessy

Taken along with dicotron instabilities forming at the interactive regions of such vast plasma 'cloud-systems' would/could angular momentum from these 'plasma systems' be transfered in this manner? It's simply grand to consider the forces interacting with each 'plasma-system' having their own unique velocities, differing densities, and charge separations. Is it possible that spiral galaxies themselves are extremely large dicotron instabilities owing to the scalability of plasma dynamics?

So the threads are related in that we have the spiral of the Triskel shown in the dicotron instability. In fact, perhaps the outer circle of the Triskel is representative of the larger 'system' within which a smaller one counter-rotates or co-rotates at a slower or faster speed. Or vise versa. We have the "void" as related to EU in Item 4 and though the size of the void may be new; the voids themselves are not.

"Other space voids have been found before, but nothing on this scale." Space.com

Now. *If* it is that the Force factors of charge separations, densities, velocity etc in such large plasma 'cloud' structures produce, along their dynamically interactive Langmuir sheath's (magnetosphere) or double layers, spiral galaxies - how could that electrically happen? Could the 'sheets' arc towards one another forming the Birkeland current filaments that then subsequently "pinch" along their lengths producing said spiral galaxies. Which then *may* subsequently exhibit dicotron instabilities along the arms possibly revealing the swirling spiral characteristic between the interacting 'plasma systems' via rotational velocity sheer ? From a plasma scalability perspective that would be massively hierarchical.
ferr.jpg

Which made the electromagnetically induced axial field patterns from that experiment very interesting.

Google Hits for Dicotron Instability
Last edited by bboyer on Tue May 06, 2008 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed spelling of title
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Re: Recovered: EU & Diocotron Instabilities

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:28 am

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:45 am Post subject: Re: EU & Dicotron Instabilities
OP "davesmith_au"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now THAT'S what I call a good post...

Cheers, Dave.
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:31 am

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:52 pm Post subject: more structures
OP "FS3"

Have a look at this pic from hurricane ISABEL way back from Sept. 2003. You may see an exchange of fluid between FIVE moving points (those are vorticis as well) around one main vortex:
pic77899.jpg
pic77899.jpg (4.63 KiB) Viewed 18162 times

E.g. - the reason wha a car-tyre is fixed with 5 bolts is simple: It has to do with VIBRATIONS and BALANCING RESONANCE. 3 would do as well - but 5 are better for safety reasons.

Nature will find always those patterns that'll work.

Thanks Dave for combining these three posts into one.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:32 am

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:42 pm Post subject: Re: more structures
OP "Tzunamii"

FS3 wrote:Have a look at this pic from hurricane ISABEL way back from Sept. 2003. You may see an exchange of fluid between FIVE moving points (those are vortices as well) around one main vortex:

<snip>

E.g. - the reason wha a car-tyre is fixed with 5 bolts is simple: It has to do with VIBRATIONS and BALANCING RESONANCE. 3 would do as well - but 5 are better for safety reasons.

Nature will find always those patterns that'll work.

Thanks Dave for combining these three posts into one.
FS3
Those structures in the eye are rather stringy.
Or, I've been drinking too much tap water.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:36 am

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:53 pm Post subject:
OP "Solar"

Thanks Dave.

Now. I have to ramble a bit further 'cause I need to get the extrapolations you people have sparked out of my head and the forum helps to organize some thoughts in that regard.

"Voids" in the plasma seem to infer less plasma dense regions owing to the plasma being electromagnetically compressed into formations, stars, galaxies, galaxy clusters, super clusters etc along the filamentary Birkeland currents and 'sheets' of these interactive 'plasma-systems' or "cells". It seems that there would have be a plasma 'residue' within these "voids". A 'billion, trillion parts per cm' or so and even a relative plasma or electron 'drift' towards the more electro-dynamically active regions of this interactivity. It seems also that 'drift' direction would change depending upon which plasma cell such a sampling would be taken from.

So when one looks at a model of super clusters strung out along filaments a daul perspective can result wherein one can either 'see' the filamentary current paths made visible by the electromagnetic compression of these interactive 'plasma-systems' set aglow by the currents but also one can see the cellular 'voids' from which the plasma was electromagnetically drawn. The outline of the now less dense 'cell'.

Look at the voids below from the point of view of electrified plasma cells with dichronistic instabilities at interactive regions and taking into account density, velocity, charge polarization etc.
viod2.jpg

Referenced from here

That's an awesome dynamic from a local super cluster perspective alone. One can't help but wonder is it as such ad infinitum?
cluster.jpg

I qualitatively see no way for "gravity" to supersede the electrical workings of this type of dynamic. It is akin to saying 'works' may be performed without energy i.e. electricity or, power. In fact, it seems that "gravity" would have to be some form of residual electromagnetic compression or electrostatic force as has already been put forth. It is not some unique and separate force but a perception of the 'local' attractive aspect of the electromagnetic dipole moment. The intensity of the electromagnetic compressive aspect of which is dampened by the accumulation (misunderstood as 'accretion' IMHO) of dusty plasmas into a sphere. So it has it's place but that place is akin to the 'layered works accredited to it i.e. further down the layered influential power strata of those known hierarchical forces which render effects.

FS3 can you link that photo?

And now, more FUN STUFF!!!

Although the following site uses "projected dark matter density fields" to produce the results it's still a hoot. Of course I'm guilty of the mainstream crime of using an EU perspective of interacting Birkeland currents, plasma cell electric and magnetic fields in place of that "dark" stuff.

Millennium Simulation

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:40 am

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:36 pm Post subject: Re: more structures
OP "FS3"

Tzunamii wrote:
FS3 wrote:Have a look at this pic from hurricane ISABEL way back from Sept. 2003. You may see an exchange of fluid between FIVE moving points (those are vortices as well) around one main vortex:
FS3
Those structures in the eye are rather stringy.
Or, I've been drinking too much tap water.
;) Quit the water! Drink booze instead. -- No, you are correct. Up to my view the balanced vorticis "of the 2nd kind" - generated outside around the main whirle in 5 points -- shortcut and balance each other additionally through the eye of the hurricane...

FS3

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:42 am

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:54 pm Post subject:
OP "Mikael_Joe"

As one of my favorite cartoon heroes Earthworm Jim discovered

"The great secret of the universe is....snowglobes! Worlds within worlds. Our universe is within a snowglobe which is inside another snowglobe."

and so i present.....the great secret of the universe
secret_of_universe.jpg

The plasmaglobeverse!

Sorry, i couldn't resist :)

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:44 am

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:45 pm Post subject:
OP "upriver"

Mikael_Joe wrote:As one of my favorite cartoon heroes Earthworm Jim discovered

"The great secret of the universe is....snowglobes! Worlds within worlds. Our universe is within a snowglobe which is inside another snowglobe."

and so i present.....the great secret of the universe

snip

The plasmaglobeverse!

Sorry, i couldn't resist :)

:shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SOS Save Our Science.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:57 am

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:21 pm Post subject:
OP "Iono1"

After reading the above these particular galaxies stood out in my head.
The cartwheel galaxy looks like the Diocotron instability.
140738main_pia03296-browse.jpg
<MOD NOTE: the original Cartwheel Galaxy picture was missing from the recovered thread file so this picture was substituted. Apologies if this does not correctly reflect the OP's original intent>

The antennae "merger" looks like two isolated "bubbles" from the Diocotron instability.
antennae_galaxies_hst_900.jpg
(27.31 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
Also, notice the long string of material in this image. Birkeland currents? It would be interesting to see a larger image of the section to see if there are other galaxies which create a circular structure with this one to form a giant Diocotron instability. I know it is a long shot but is it also not possible that they are just one part of the instability that has enough matter to glow enough for us to see it? It looks like there is another "bubble" or "swirl" at the bottom of the image like in the instabilities.
antennen-galaxie.jpg
antennen-galaxie.jpg (10.99 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
Last edited by Ion01 on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:05 am

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:18 pm Post subject:
OP "Solar"

Now. If we go with the notion as put forth by Thornhill & Talbot that, and I paraphrase, these vast interactive 'plasmacloud-systems' have galaxies with rotation axis preferentially aligned "along the 'void' surface" - at the areas wherein they are interactive - What would you expect to see? I thought perhaps a good galaxy count would be the result indicating areas of greater interactivity between such systems. In other words; high galaxial activity. Right?

So imagine my surprise when, just on a fluke, I started researching the names in the wiki referenced supercluster model that are highlighted in yellow:

The Coma Wall: aka "Great Wall" - "it covers at least 85 Mpc in declination and 215 Mpc in right ascension. It is likely to be even larger because it is obscured by dust in the plane of our galaxy on one end and hasn't yet been mapped on the other."

The Centaurus Wall: Home of "the Great Attractor" - "The Great Attractor is apparently pulling in millions of galaxies in a region of the universe that includes the Milky Way, the surrounding Local Group of 15 to 16 nearby galaxies and larger Virgo Supercluster, and the nearby Hydra-Centaurus Supercluster, at velocities of around 600 (in the Local Group) to thousands of kilometers (or miles) per second (Lynden-Bell et al, 1988; and Dressler et al, 1987)."

"The core of the Great Attractor lies within the so-called "Centaurus Wall" of galaxies. From the perspective of observers in the Solar System, this Great Wall-like structure is viewed edge-on.
"

The Sculptor Wall: "The Sculptor superclusters are important however because they are contained within a major wall of galaxies which sweeps through this region of the sky across nearly a billion light years of space." (sometimes called the Southern Wall)

"The Sculptor wall was brought to the attention of astronomers by A Maurellis, A Fairall, D Matravers and G Ellis in 1990. They published a paper announcing their discovery of a major wall of galaxies lying between voids.
"

Not merely a good galaxy count. Staggering multi light year long and wide 'walls' and 'sheets' of galaxies. Interesting article in relation to this:

"The discovery supports earlier speculation that galaxies are distributed in wall or sheet-like structures throughout the universe."

After their study to isolate a curious section of space from Hubble Deep Field it was noted:

"The study revealed a number of intervening galaxies, but more importantly, several of these galaxies were found to be at precisely the same distance as one of the largest groups in the HDF surveys, at a redshift of 0.559, or a distance of roughly 4 billion light years away from earth. The probability that these distance matches occurred by chance is very small, indicating that the galaxy groups and absorbing galaxies are parts of the same structure. The absorbing galaxies and HDF galaxy group are some 25 million light years apart. The simplest explanation is that the wall-like structure containing galaxies which traverses the Hubble Deep Field is at least 25 million light years across." - [http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=634]SpaceRef.com[/url]

So it appears that not only can we have multi light year long 'strings' of galaxies strung out along the length of Birkeland currents but apparently we also have vast multi-light year long and wide 'filamentary sheets' of such currents and galaxial formations. Which, when one thinks about it in relation to Thornhill & Talbotts idea, would probably form at the interactive regions of such vastly large 'plasma-cloud systems'.

So now I'm wondering: As mainstream science sits, stares, and squints through telescopes looking or evidence of the 'something' pulling so many millions of galaxies towards "the Great Attractor" - what would be the unified electromagnetically attractive potential of such vast 'sheets' of electrically active regions? Just a thought.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:06 am

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:32 pm Post subject:
OP "Drethon"

You know, those "five point" pictures look awful reminiscent of the pentagon found at Saturn's south(?) pole...

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:07 am

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:36 pm Post subject:
OP "Ion01"

http://www.planetary.org/blog/article/00000927
this is an article about the hexigon on saturn. It also shows a image of clouds on the south pole which appear to have filaments of some sort. There is also an experiment referenced where a hexigon is created in the lab but they do not believe it has reference to saturn.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:08 am

All the posts I found cached.

- 30 -

Rick

Re: Recovered: EU & Dicotron Instabilities

Unread post by Rick » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:01 am

Is it "dicroton" or "diocroton"?

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:20 am

Rick wrote:Is it "dicroton" or "diocroton"?

Mmm, neither? :)

I find "d i c o t r o n" and "d i o c o t r o n" with possibly a few more hits on d-i-o-c-o-txxx vs d-i-c-o-txxxx

Some references have both spellings within the same document. I suspect it's a simple typo that has gone unnoticed for the most part probably unsuspectingly promulgated?

Anyone have a definitive answer otherwise?

bryan

p.s. the thread's title spelling has been changed to "diocotron"