Electro-Magnetic Geomorphology

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

GaryN

Re: Electro-Magnetic Geomorphology

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Not a very good year for creek crawling this year, even though the rivers and creeks were at very low levels or completely dry in places. The reason? Hamstrings. Never had an issue before, but as well as being tough on ankles and feet, my hamstrings were just so painful I had to quit early. The last images are available on Flickr, the first 18 on the page are the most recent.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/garyinsooke/
I did find that going up and down the hills was much less painful, though hikes were still of shorter duration, but I'm glad I got to see the obvious (to me!) effects of electromagnetic events outside of the creek and river beds.
The most interesting I thought were the 'cuts', looked like they were road cuts, but some begin and end nowhere near any logging roads, and have slopes over 45 degrees, nothing could drive up them. Also, the sides of the cuts show no signs of drilling or blasting, and the rock laying at the base of the cuts does not resemble that from blasting work.
Many examples of ( I believe) Coulomb ejection, as there is shattered rock , some of car sized squarish blocks lying at the foot of rough, bubbled, discoloured and even melted rock faces that are cut on one side of the many mounds and humps of otherwise very integral, crack free, supposedly volcanic rock. Some humps are shattered in place, but haven't fallen apart. I'll add images to the Flickr page sometime.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Pebbles on Mars likely traveled tens of miles down a riverbed, study finds
Small, remarkably round and smooth pebbles suggested that an ancient riverbed had once carried these rocks and abraded them as they traveled.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-10-pebbles-ma ... d.html#jCp
Of course it would need to be just the right kind of river, fast running and shallow. The only other method of course is my Electric Pebbles © model. :D
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:43 am

I don't see any MAHLI images of the individual pebbles in the above image, which I think would show the diversity of rock types very similar to those found in rivers or beaches on Earth, but the pebbles are only found where they believe water has flowed. I think they would have problems identifying the upstream source outcrops of such rock types.
Among the MAHLI close-ups I did see was this one showing what appears to be an amorphous coating on one piece of rock. The question of whether amorphous materials on Mars are from volcanic or impact sources are asked, but they do not even consider electrical possibilities. I see very similar amorphous coatings on rocks along the river and creek banks around here, which I believe are due to electrical causes, but don't know if the actual process could be determined by a detailed scientific study.
Full size
http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images ... XX-br2.jpg

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Every picture tells a story?
http://www.zoomdak.com/Nature/American- ... -KDcgPX9/A
A waterhole is filled with rocks above Zebra Slot in the Grand Staircase-Escalante National
Monument area.

Ancient river network discovered buried under Saharan sand
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015 ... haran-sand
I'm certain this is where all the sand came from, rivers of plasma, not water.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:25 pm

This is just too much. Giant flying boulders due to climate change.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/nation ... 28/oceans/
The man should be in an institution, and not of the geological type. Nice example of EMG though!

432hz

Unread post by 432hz » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:54 am

Always was curious about this little guy. Blackened exterior, full of holes, with quartz like crystals lining the holes, some with large crystals trapped in the cavities. It looks like it's been through hell and back. About 2.5 inches by 1.5 inches by .75 inches

Any thoughts?

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:05 pm

Any thoughts?
As I think all rounded pebbles are electrically produced, this looks like an over-cooked one. Reminds me of the Willamette Meteorite some in that the features are very well defined, sharp edges to the holes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willamette_Meteorite
This supposedly fell from the sky, but not found in a crater, so came by glacier they think, an erratic. I suspect a sustained discharge formed it in situ.
Is yours magnetic? Be interesting to cut it in half, see what's inside. I have seen similar in beach and river pebble beds, will find one if I don't have already in my collection and put it through more hell!

432hz

Unread post by 432hz » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Yes mine is slightly magnetic. I haven't been brave enough to cut it open.

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:38 pm

Come on, can't you tell?

They're impact craters there, on your pebble,
and the craters are coupled with ancient erosion, caused by the water that once flowed on that meteor, millions of years ago.

:lol:

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:49 pm

Glaciers to the rescue!
Stonehenge was moved by glaciers - not our prehistoric ancestors
The famous rocks of Stonehenge were not dragged by pagans but moved by glaciers, according to a team of Welsh academics.
Whenever there are difficult to explain large rocks that don't belong, glacial rafting comes to the rescue.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/e ... stors.html
The planar surfaces of the Stonehenge rock reminds me of an explanation for "Darwins Boulders":
Almost all of the boulders are sharply angular and show no sign of subglacial abrasion (Fig. 3). The sides of many boulders are roughly planar, suggesting that some surfaces may be original fracture planes. Their angularity and lack of curved faces are indicative of rockfall and supraglacial—not subglacial—transport, and although transport by icebergs could also yield far-traveled angular boulders, we have essentially eliminated this interpretation.
I can show images of many such angular rocks, still located close to where I find distinct evidence of electrical discharge. I recently sent some images of one location to a geologist who was involved with the effects of lightning, and his response was: "Interesting". He said he would keep me informed if any further evidence for lightning shattered rock came his way.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:11 pm

The 4.3 to 4.8 'quake we had last night here in the Pacific Northwest was the biggest I have felt for a few years, the 60 pound CRT monitor I have on a home made, stand up workstation rig moved around pretty good, think it needs some bracing! Luckily I was still at the computer so could brace it myself. Anyway, it was a strange one in some ways. I had seen the large flare/CME report on the 28th, Earth directed, and wondered if we might get an effect from it. It began with about 8 or 10 seconds of what I thought was continuous thunder, no ground movement at that point, and as we have a cold front moving in wasn't too surprised, even though thunder is pretty rare around here. Then there was a hissing noise, lasted 3 or 4 seconds, sounded like someone setting off a bottle rocket, and then a good thump, and then ground moved pretty good for maybe 7 or 8 seconds.
So thinking about it, if the thunder was from the quake, it would have arrived later than the thump, sound moving faster through the rock than the air. If this was an electrically triggered event, the hiss would likely have been a discharge of some kind, perhaps causing the hiss to be in my head, through some strong RF effect?
It would have been interesting to have been able to see the state of the ionosphere and lower atmosphere too, to see if there was a disturbance. If I had been outside, would I have seen some signs in the sky? Will be out tonight though, as with the presently very clear skies, there is a possibility of aurora being visible as far down as Oregon.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:51 pm

I think this book is way up on my want list.

Ionospheric Precursors of Earthquakes
Starting in the 1930s from the observation of seismogenic electric fields, the area of seismo-ionospheric coupling became an area of fighting and conflicts, hopes and frustrations. Spe- lation(?) and misunderstanding on the interdisciplinary borders made this field for many years (even up to now) taboo for so-called "serious scientists".
https://books.google.ca/books?id=0YXDM1 ... navlinks_s

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:42 am

GN,
Wonder if your hissing sound may have been connected to CO2/gas discharges they talk about in section 1.2.3 page 13 ?

Regarding their proposed technique for detecting "Ionospheric Precursors of Earthquakes", the "problems of ionosphere dynamics and morphology" sound near as complicated as the prohibitive problems with so-called "helio-seismology";
but probably in the ionospheric case they can get a general idea from lots of different pingings. Sort of like tapping on the side of a half-full oil drum to see how much is in there.
Good to see all these different disciplines coming together though, plus the Russians and Westers....

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:51 pm

Wonder if your hissing sound may have been connected to CO2/gas discharges they talk about in section 1.2.3 page 13 ?
Can't see p13 now, must have used up my preview allotment.

Looking at the tremors on this site makes me wonder if I might be sitting on a time bomb! The tremors actually began back on the 22nd, the cluster centre moving slowly south, so maybe nothing to do with the recent flare/CME, or maybe an ionospheric pulse tripping an already active region?
This site lets you see where the action was. It all seems to fit with how I believe the telluric currents run up the length of the Island and also down to the Olympics. The tremor swarms were centred on 3 main locations on the Island, and within those areas are some of the most obvious(IMO) signs of E/M surface modification and/or the most productive gold, silver, copper, iron deposits.
So I am thinking REALLY big energies when the ore bodies were formed, just huge currents along with a connection to the upper atmosphere. The mountain tops would have been glowing I bet!
http://pnsn.org/tremor

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:50 pm

Can't see p13 now, must have used up my preview allotment.
hmmm, i've just opened it three time. It's the blue text first chapter 1 free preview under the Contents heading below the Selected Pages.
I didn't sign in to google.

Yeah, you live on a very complex and convoluted array of crustal faults up there. Keep your dirigible packed :)