Ceres!

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

dahlenaz

Re: Ceres!

Unread post by dahlenaz » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:13 am

D_Archer wrote:
dahlenaz wrote:At Night-ball crater, (aka, Stadium crater) within the Stadium-ville complex of overlapping
craters, there appears to be a trail of material that looks to be obscurring the crescent of
brightness at or near the rim.. That trail extends nearly to the next large crater and seems to
obscure ground features along the way...

The is a real bizzar location on Ceres!!! ... d..z

Could the trail be some of the plume material? There are already plumes observed, so if this is an active area there could be a plume.

Regards,
Daniel

I can't say for sure and don't know if any observed plumes have been plotted to a specific location.

Did you look at the 3D image of Stadium Crater ?
There seems to be an elevated aspect to the material passing over the crater.

What are your needs for 3D viewing? I do all my images for a side-by-side box viewer
so no details are altered by colorization. ... d..z

folaht

Unread post by folaht » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:07 am

Notice that just outside the crater Occator, there's a big black spot of the same size of the white spots together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inc9BtRip04
Since 1 % 1, 1 * 1 and 1 - 1 do not add up, we must conclude that 1 + 1 is 3.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:22 am

The Mystery of Dwarf Planet Ceres' Missing Craters
HONOLULU — Planetary scientists have a new mystery to investigate: Ceres, a dwarf planet that orbits the sun between Mars and Jupiter, appears to have significantly fewer craters on its surface than scientists had expected.
Meteorites that crash into the surface of planets and other bodies in the solar system usually leave behind carved-out pockmarks as evidence of the collisions. Older bodies tend to accumulate more craters than young bodies, and scientists can use their estimates of Ceres' age to calculate the number of craters that should be littered across its surface.
http://www.space.com/30189-dwarf-planet ... stery.html
Of course if all the craters are not from meteorite impacts, then their models mean nothing. They could all have been formed during a single episode, or could still be being formed or enlarged when solar system wide disturbances occur, the Sun being the driving force for such events I believe. Is it the EU proponents or the standard model believers who are living in a fantasy world?
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:46 pm

Elsewhere, I've read that the crater count is used to determine the age of planetary surfaces [on rocky bodies].
But here they are using their knowledge of Ceres' age to determine that it has too few craters.

:lol:

I just attended Ceres' birthday, and she doesn't even look one tenth her age!
Gosh, I wonder, what is her secret?

:lol:

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:34 am

Mysterious 'alien spots' on Ceres are NOT ice, researchers say as they show off 3D video that reveals 4 mile high 'pyramid':
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... ramid.html

- Not ice (as denied fervently by me, especially on another forum where i was lambasted)
- And EU prediction confirmed >
The craters we find on Ceres, in terms of their depth and diameter, are very similar to what we see on Dione and Tethys, two "icy" satellites of Saturn that are about the same size and density as Ceres.
(double quotes on icy added by me)

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

FS3

Shiny Mountain...

Unread post by FS3 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:48 pm

The latest pics from CERES sent by the Dawn probe, revealed a few astonishing structures. Among them a mountain, mesa-like and about 4 miles (6 km) high that is thought to be rather "strange" for an astroid like Ceres with gravity only 3% of Earth's:

It shows shiny flanks - almost metallic...

FS3

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:16 am

- Shoot Forth Thunder -

ronanronan

Unread post by ronanronan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:26 pm

that is very interesting......good post
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

viscount aero

Re: Shiny Mountain...

Unread post by viscount aero » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:53 pm

FS3 wrote:The latest pics from CERES sent by the Dawn probe, revealed a few astonishing structures. Among them a mountain, mesa-like and about 4 miles (6 km) high that is thought to be rather "strange" for an astroid like Ceres with gravity only 3% of Earth's:

FS3
Yes that's one of the most bizarre features I've yet seen. Astonishing.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:02 am

viscount aero wrote:
FS3 wrote:The latest pics from CERES sent by the Dawn probe, revealed a few astonishing structures. Among them a mountain, mesa-like and about 4 miles (6 km) high that is thought to be rather "strange" for an astroid like Ceres with gravity only 3% of Earth's:

FS3
I just noticed, there is a small white spot to the right of the butte.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:14 am

D_Archer wrote:
viscount aero wrote:

FS3
I just noticed, there is a small white spot to the right of the butte.

Regards,
Daniel
Yes, well spotted ;)

The proximity of the plateau to the crater is also bizarrely coincidental. They are direct opposites of each other, a Yin Yang geology.

MattEU

Unread post by MattEU » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:58 pm

"Soon, the scientific analysis will reveal the geological and chemical nature of this mysterious and mesmerizing extraterrestrial scenery."
Ceres' Bright Spots Seen in Striking New Detail
Also some interesting features about the crater itself

Mikael_Joe

Unread post by Mikael_Joe » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:29 am

MattEU wrote:
"Soon, the scientific analysis will reveal the geological and chemical nature of this mysterious and mesmerizing extraterrestrial scenery."

I found this very interesting in the article.
Dawn scientists note the rim of Occator crater is almost vertical in some places, where it rises steeply for 1 mile (nearly 2 kilometers).

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:35 pm

MattEU wrote:http://www.everythingselectric.com/wp-c ... pots-7.jpg

http://www.everythingselectric.com/wp-c ... pots-4.jpg
The animation at the JPL link above is quite revealing when played in a zoomed window.. The central feature
appears dished out so we might expect that the other bright spot are dished out as well.. Keep in mind that
the relief is exagerated by 1.5x... Even so, there appears to be a pronounced rim at the central feature,, as seen
in the elevation portion of the animation.. The long-range brightness makes so much more sense if an area
is dished oout, concaved. Most of us know that concaved surfaces are a natural occurrance when dealing with
a confined liquid...

Larger screenshot of JPL animation

Sure keeps me reluctant to dismiss some unexpected geologic process,,
maybe even an unknow characteristic of some material..

d..z

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:10 pm

Whereas I thought a closer resolution of the area would garner some answers I was totally off-base. It doesn't answer anything :idea:

What is the white material composed of? Why is it appearing to be something exploded or "grown" outwards?