The Black Hole Catastrophe and the Collapse of Spacetime

New threads (topics) in the Thunderblogs/Multimedia forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. This is the place for users to comment on or discuss aspects of any individual Thunderblog or Thunderbolts multimedia post.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

davesmith_au
Site Admin

The Black Hole Catastrophe and the Collapse of Spacetime

Unread post by davesmith_au » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:39 pm

September 30 ~ Guest contributor Stephen J. Crothers

... Black holes are spoken of as scientific facts and it is routinely claimed that they have been detected at the centres of galaxies. Images of black holes having their wicked ways with surrounding matter are routinely included with reports of them. Some physicists even claim that black holes will be created in particle accelerators, such as the Large Hadron Collider, potentially able to swallow the Earth. Despite the assertions of the astronomers and astrophysicists, nobody has ever found a black hole, anywhere, let alone "imaged" one. ... [More...]
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

Osmosis

Re: The Black Hole Catastrophe and the Collapse of Spacetime

Unread post by Osmosis » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:08 pm

With all due respect, I trust that S. Crothers' math has been/will be checked. An associate of mine has looked it over and asserts that the relationships are incorrect. :o

Since I will not claim to be a mathematician, I only put this thought out for others to consider.

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:51 pm

Giday Osmosis.

All I can personally say to that is, whilst I don't have the math ability to check any of it myself, I have been privately privy to many of the communications between Crothers and a great number of scientists he's sent his work to. Not once have I seen a refutation based on the math, but many times I've witnessed ad hominem attacks on the man, and baseless assertions of incorrectness without any mathematical refutations.

If your associate can provide mathematical proof of his claims please encourage him to send same to Crothers directly, his email address is on his web pages. Steve would welcome sensible corrections to his work, in fact where he has made errors in the past he has corrected same with errata additions to his papers.

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:26 am

Good morning Dave,

I will pass the message back, so my friend can discuss this with Steve, directly.

A question: Do Birkeland currents twist the opposite direction, in the Land of Oz? :D

Regards,

Osmosis

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:40 am

You might also want to have your associate check the background history of Crouther's work and efforts as well . It may be that the assertions have already been addressed:

"An example of the suppression of science"
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:03 pm

Hello Solar,

I will trust my friend to get curious enough to keep digging. It takes time, after the initial prod. 8-)

Best Regards,

Osmosis