Ceres!

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

dahlenaz

Ceres' developing features

Unread post by dahlenaz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:41 am

In the recent Dawn image release we can see More activity adjacent to the Crater-pairs and mound.

I've zoomed in on this feature, seen at the upper edge of the PIA19586 image, and i see some
characteristics (shapes) which look unusual for a group of craters.
Where there should be the line associated with the crater's rim -at 4:00 in the group- we see
that opposing shapes are cutting through that rim-line. To add to this unusual characteristic,
we might also see that those shapes appear to be opposing crescents, as though we were looking
down on a pin-wheel, (maybe/maybe not)..
But more importantly,, here again we have something obscuring the rim
of a crater which is in close proximity to an area with brighter surfaces and focused brightness
seen at the time of this image..

Zoomed in on the edge of image PIA19586

d..z

Bomb20

Re: Ceres' blister and trenches

Unread post by Bomb20 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:08 am

Thank you very much for your great efforts to illustrate these features on Ceres, d.z.!

I wished the pictures would be better. For amateurs like me it is often hard to see anything at all.

dahlenaz

Re: Ceres' blister and trenches

Unread post by dahlenaz » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:57 am

Bomb20 wrote:Thank you very much for your great efforts to illustrate these features on Ceres, d.z.!

I wished the pictures would be better. For amateurs like me it is often hard to see anything at all.
You're welcome... From one amateur to another, there remains a lot of uncertainty over what has been
suggested. I think our eyes do their best when not being forced to find details.. Give the images
to your peripheral vision and let anomalies help piece the details together...

A recent image taken of "spot 1" may offer a good test of this to the right of the crater,,
but i'm going to introduce it at the main Cere thread once further evaluation has ruled out
blurriness as a general condition rather than produced by some obscuring factor... d..z

dahlenaz

Rubble in Ceres' crater,, Spot 1

Unread post by dahlenaz » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:31 pm

The Dawn mission has released an image of a crater they are calling "Spot 1", and this should
settle some previous arguments provided on what might be causing bright spots.
In this image we can see what looks like Rubble on the floor of the crater and around its perimeter wall.

The immediate area surrounding this bright crater has lost a lot of surface detail, particularly the presence of
any pre-existing craters,, but if we look all around this one feature we can see that many of the large craters
are a combination of numerous small ones,, and we also see them having straight edges as craters overlap.
This process was demonstrated repeatedly in CRT experiments involving deposition...

In this image it seems that we are seeing new material being exposed and deposited, more on this
to follow.

They are calling this "spot 1" , Hopefully they will do as good on spot 5
where we were seeing the two bright spots that became many smaller spots?
Notice that in this crater we have what looks like a long ridge... An elevation
map that included spot 5 showed that it appears to have an elevated ridge. d..z

Steve Smith

Re: Ceres!

Unread post by Steve Smith » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:41 am

As I thought:

"The bright spots are probably — like you might find in the desert on Earth — a salt plain where maybe water came out at one time and evaporated," Russell said.

Water, schmater. Major premise: Ceres is high in carbonates and calcium carbonate/magnesium carbonate are white. Minor premise: No ice can exist in the open in a vacuum. Conclusion: high albedo powder.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spea ... after-all/

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:44 pm

To Steve's comment on material composition, it would seem appropriate to add this
image from flyback experiments of late 2012, which involved samples that had been
sprayed-to-satururation with a solution containing sea salt..
Once dried they were passed over with a large probe energized by a flyback.

A low light/high sensitivity photo just might give results similar to Ceres' bright spots. d..z

Ceres-like Bright spots from esscrt-12

Another esscrt-12 Bright-spot image

Central orientation of granuals, during a crater's formation,
was a common occurance in most of these experiments. d..z

dahlenaz

Ceres images,, touch-ups and wisps

Unread post by dahlenaz » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:36 am

In a recent image from Dawn it appears to show features which might be called "Wisps". PIA19590
Another image shows a similar feature but that looks to be on the outside slope of a crater, PIA 19592
and something like what was seen at the mound and an adjacent developing feature.

This zoomed image of PIA19590 shows one of them, but it also shows a spot which looks to be a touch-up.
I've seen some other lost pixals and strange patches so this raises the question:
Are some touch-up measures being taken with these image? d..z

dahlenaz

A night-game on Ceres

Unread post by dahlenaz » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Image PIA19892 gives us a glimpse of the night-life on Ceres..
In this ball field a Home run hit by a batter gives a new meaning to out of the park.

This image is a grey anaglyph of the original.

In all seriousness,, this features looks similar to a "developing feature" mentioned in the
Ceres blister and trench thread. d..z

dahlenaz

Ceres' stadium-crater,, rim-aurora?

Unread post by dahlenaz » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:04 pm

As i look at the image above, PIA19592, i am comparing the slopes of the surrounding craters
and comparing them with the radiating lumnous area of the "stadium-crater:. If the brite areas beyound
the rim is considered to be like that of mount-blister, it would seem that the slope of this crater's rim is
uncharacteristically farther reaching than adjacent craters... The foreground aspects seem quite stubby.

So i have to ask,,, can an auroral-like luminance develop if a discharge reaches glow-mode?
We can be sure that dark-mode activity is almost a certainty on nearly any celestial body.
Glow-mode would seem the next logical phase,, next to an effect that you'ld get
if you shined a light through a cloud of dust or vapors...

I've tried to resolve the possibility that we are looking at the inside edge of a crater and its
radial features,, but i havn't pieced together a larger rim than appears to be outlined by the
brightened crescent.

If that is another mount,, it sure has an odd nearside dug-out..

So those players are really kicking up alot of dust in that ball game and the stadium lights are
revealing the direction of their beams, just like auroral fingers... d..z

dahlenaz

Ceres, Stadium-crater

Unread post by dahlenaz » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:46 pm

The folks over at the Dawn project have blessed us with a second image of stadium crater
which makes possible a true 3D image pair.. Thanks guys and gals,, now if we only had a side shot.

I've placed a large 3D pair at this link and may follow-up with an adjusted image
and one that gives more of the surroundings.

This is quite an interesting feature, it sort of looks like its a bit elevated, but this
3D view has yet to release me from guessing... I am wondering if this might be a
bull's-eye crater in the making.
The double shadow at the lower portion has me baffled, but it could mark the line of a crater rim.

Hopefully you have a side-by-side 3D viewer so you can share in this development, and please,
do not trash your eyes by attempting a cross-eyed technique.. d..z

dahlenaz

Ceres! Stadium-ville crater

Unread post by dahlenaz » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:05 pm

From this pulled-back image of stadium-crater, img-PIA19593
we can see that it resides in a huge complex of craters,
which gives us a hint of the process behind hexagonal craters,
they are the accumulative placement of overlapping craters
producing straight sides, as the process leaves some incomplete.

Within Stadium-ville crater we can see that nightball-crater
(also refered to as stadium crater) is being formed on top of at least a half dozen other
large craters. I've identified some of them in this marked-up image.

I think we can say with confidence that some form of an EDM process is at work on Ceres. d..z

dahlenaz

Re: Ceres! Stadium-ville crater

Unread post by dahlenaz » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:04 pm

dahlenaz wrote: I think we can say with confidence that some form of an EDM process is at work on Ceres. d..z

I would like to clarify that the confidence i am expressing about an electric process
is due to the many overlapping caters with well preserved features remaining of previous craters.
It is not based on the bright aspects or the appearance of activity in the form of lofted material.
More needs to be shown to assign a mechanism for those aspects being seen now. d..z

dahlenaz

Ceres! Brightness of exposed beads

Unread post by dahlenaz » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:00 pm

Someone has probably already suggested that former electrical events might have
left the surface and features covered in glass beads,, so this image shows
what this might look like when the light is at close range.

White powder was mixed in the dust and the metal bead is a BB.

At a lower exposure the brightness was more pronounced. ... d..z

dahlenaz

Ceres! Lofted Material Column?

Unread post by dahlenaz » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:47 am

At Night-ball crater, (aka, Stadium crater) within the Stadium-ville complex of overlapping
craters, there appears to be a trail of material that looks to be obscurring the crescent of
brightness at or near the rim.. That trail extends nearly to the next large crater and seems to
obscure ground features along the way...

The is a real bizzar location on Ceres!!! ... d..z

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:13 am

dahlenaz wrote:At Night-ball crater, (aka, Stadium crater) within the Stadium-ville complex of overlapping
craters, there appears to be a trail of material that looks to be obscurring the crescent of
brightness at or near the rim.. That trail extends nearly to the next large crater and seems to
obscure ground features along the way...

The is a real bizzar location on Ceres!!! ... d..z

Could the trail be some of the plume material? There are already plumes observed, so if this is an active area there could be a plume.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -