'Welease Wosetta!'

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

starbiter

Re: 'Welease Wosetta!'

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:56 am

You're no fun Viscount, You only want facts. Must be the LA/Dragnet connection.

Please continue!
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:00 am

starbiter wrote:You're no fun Viscount, You only want facts. Must be the LA/Dragnet connection.

Please continue!
LOL :lol:

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:03 am

On that point, why these people continue allowing such nonsense to flourish such as "comets seeded the Earth's oceans" is absolutely ludicrous. There would have to have been cometary impacts that were like virtual raindrops hitting the earth, continually, for hundreds or thousands of years. And that raises the issue of the Earth's atmosphere--it would have to had pre-existed the cometary "seeding" period or no water would have accumulated on the surface.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:58 am

viscount aero wrote:On that point, why these people continue allowing such nonsense to flourish such as "comets seeded the Earth's oceans" is absolutely ludicrous. There would have to have been cometary impacts that were like virtual raindrops hitting the earth, continually, for hundreds or thousands of years. And that raises the issue of the Earth's atmosphere--it would have to had pre-existed the cometary "seeding" period or no water would have accumulated on the surface.
I think the worst is how they get the "ice" to look blue and white in those new pictures, people tend of water to be blue so it must be a sort of hypnosis to influence viewer perception. Is it only their bias doing this or is it malice :evil:

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:13 am

D_Archer wrote:
viscount aero wrote:On that point, why these people continue allowing such nonsense to flourish such as "comets seeded the Earth's oceans" is absolutely ludicrous. There would have to have been cometary impacts that were like virtual raindrops hitting the earth, continually, for hundreds or thousands of years. And that raises the issue of the Earth's atmosphere--it would have to had pre-existed the cometary "seeding" period or no water would have accumulated on the surface.
I think the worst is how they get the "ice" to look blue and white in those new pictures, people tend of water to be blue so it must be a sort of hypnosis to influence viewer perception. Is it only their bias doing this or is it malice :evil:

Regards,
Daniel
:lol: yes

Metryq

Unread post by Metryq » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:25 am

D_Archer wrote:I think the worst is how they get the "ice" to look blue and white in those new pictures, people tend of water to be blue so it must be a sort of hypnosis to influence viewer perception. Is it only their bias doing this or is it malice :evil:
No, it's ALICE.

Frantic

Unread post by Frantic » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:16 pm

Wow they are at it again.

http://www.space.com/29807-rubby-ducky- ... ne+Feed%29
two icy spheres with a diameter of about 0.6 miles (1 kilometer) travel toward one another. They collide at "bicycle" speeds, study team members said. Following this initial collision, the two spheres begin orbiting one another. After the smaller body has left traces of material on the larger, they separate. The smaller body returns within a day to re-impact the larger one.
These slow mergers might represent the quiet, early phase of planet formation, before large bodies excited the system to disruptive velocities, supporting the idea that cometary nuclei are primordial remains of early agglomeration of small bodies
Just sharing, this isn't even worthy of comment. Sometimes something so stupid shows up on space.com I have no choice but to share it as a shining example of ignorance.

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:58 pm

Frantic wrote:Wow they are at it again.

http://www.space.com/29807-rubby-ducky- ... ne+Feed%29
two icy spheres with a diameter of about 0.6 miles (1 kilometer) travel toward one another. They collide at "bicycle" speeds, study team members said. Following this initial collision, the two spheres begin orbiting one another. After the smaller body has left traces of material on the larger, they separate. The smaller body returns within a day to re-impact the larger one.
These slow mergers might represent the quiet, early phase of planet formation, before large bodies excited the system to disruptive velocities, supporting the idea that cometary nuclei are primordial remains of early agglomeration of small bodies
Just sharing, this isn't even worthy of comment. Sometimes something so stupid shows up on space.com I have no choice but to share it as a shining example of ignorance.
I agree. The statements are so buried in myopic thinking that it is not even necessary to rebut them here. "Space.com" says it all, too--a tabloid online. That they even seriously consider their ideas is not even funny. I don't know the word for it.

Metryq

Unread post by Metryq » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:35 am

viscount aero wrote:I don't know the word for it.
Maybe we need a clever re-wording of the old adage about the man with a hammer—something like: "To the astrophysicist armed with only gravity, everything looks like a collision."

Visually, I think of mainstream astronomers as like those toy cars with a switch on the front that makes the car turn in a new direction when it bumps a wall. Only the mainstream astronomers have a broken switch. Bump-bump-bump...

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:57 am

Metryq wrote:
viscount aero wrote:I don't know the word for it.
Maybe we need a clever re-wording of the old adage about the man with a hammer—something like: "To the astrophysicist armed with only gravity, everything looks like a collision."

Visually, I think of mainstream astronomers as like those toy cars with a switch on the front that makes the car turn in a new direction when it bumps a wall. Only the mainstream astronomers have a broken switch. Bump-bump-bump...
Yes good idea. I like your illustration.... bump... bump.... bump.... I'll call them "gravitists."

Of note is that gravitist types ask gravity to do things it will likely never do.

The scenario described about how the lobes of 67P coalesced at "bicycle speed" must then apply to all of the other lobed comets that have been photographed, too. This would require virtually non-existent sized bodies in the vast reaches of space to find each other and collide at walking speed--and then fuse somehow--to form a lobed comet body. They would rather fixate on that instead of thinking of other more viable ideas such as etching away/removal of the actual structure of the body.

FS3

No Thinking! Same ol' Stinking Sink'oles...

Unread post by FS3 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:52 pm

Lots of circular holes on 67P! But much more "holes" in their reasoning...

A non-exhaustive catalogue of depressions
sharing similar morphologies to those
unambiguously linked to jets in the
Seth and Ma'at regions.

Ask someone who is experienced in electric arc welding how those dammn 'oles occur! And then try to convince him that the 'oles in the material exist only because there were little waterpits below the surface - so the metal "collapsed".

And - they have even a name for it: "heterogeneities" - No, that's nothing you can cure with penecillin, but it sure hurts like a chronical illness:

Large heterogeneities in comet 67P as revealed by active pits from sinkhole collapse

"Bump" - The typical sound of a collapsing stinkhole over a collapsing theory.

Anyhow, all this looks "scientific" for sure - with lots of diagrams, statistics, nice pictures and even more booga-booga: "There must be ice somewhere"! (In icy-blue as it should look like water)

No thinking, but that same ol' stinking over sink'oles...

FS3

Omni

Unread post by Omni » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:05 pm

I still say it never stayed on the comet.

The "scientist" says nothing worked and all they have was a touchdown sensor indicating impact only.

Even though he says he cannot confirm landing; the spokeswoman completely ignores him and states "Philae has landed..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9zXD6qZtoE

"..best of luck with the anchors..."

Frantic

Unread post by Frantic » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:03 pm

Here is a link to the BBC article on the sinkholes :
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-33354872

Mission researchers have previously reported the so-called "goosebumps" on the comet. These 1-3m lumps and bumps may be the original icy building blocks that came together to form 67P more than 4.5 billion years ago.
"All the goosebumps we have observed on the comet – they are inside these pits," said Dr Vincent.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:23 pm

they are inside these pits," said Dr Vincent.
Ashpits ?

BecomingTesla

Unread post by BecomingTesla » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:27 am

I just cannot, for the life of me, understand how after Stardust, Deep Impact, and now Rosetta, these scientists still think that there is any ice, anywhere, on comets. The idea is an artifact of a model that was conceptualized before we had any reliable observational evidence of comets, or an understanding of the spectrum they exist on with both asteroids and, most recently, planets.

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that this a giant chunk of rock. It's a freaking rock! My wife, who knows virtually nothing about astronomy or physics, took one look at the photos from Rosetta and said "yeah...that's just a rock." Good lord, man...