Electro-Magnetic Geomorphology

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

GaryN

Re: Electro-Magnetic Geomorphology

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:23 pm

btw, shame about that virgin forest heist up around the Potholes. Where were the tv cameras ...
Many of those old trees were over-mature, as they are in other areas. I tagged along with a small convoy of vehicles on a visit to Avatar Grove, close to Port Renfrew, which is 40 miles or so norht of Sooke. Big trees, but way over-mature, not healthy.
More images at:
http://www.ancientforestalliance.org/photos.php?gID=6#4
(BTW, the creek at the end of that photo set is just a feeder into the big creek, which is below the bridge in the last image)
I'm more impressed by some of the younger ones, they can get quite impressive in 100 years or so. And there are some old monsters scattered around in places where they will never log, so there will always be some to gawk at.
At Avatar grove I was much more impressed by the nearby creek, the rounded bolders in it were huge compared to what we have in my area, and I doubt I could make any progress up those creeks, steep, deep, narrow and with many deep pools, debris and log jams. While others were oggling the trees, I was studying an outcrop of pure white marble sticking up out of the forest floor, that looked like it had been shattered by some great force at the top, with segments laying in a circle around the center. In the forest where everything is wet and covered in lichen and moss, the white marble was absolutely clean and smooth, nothing for even the tiniest vegetation to get a grip on.
have you yet taken the large hammer and safety googles to see if the hard rock is fine-grained like basalt or coarse like gabbro ?
No, but the quarry on the other side of the river to me has lots of broken rock to look at, and I'd say it is Gabbro as it is riddled with quartz veins, something I don't think you see much in Basalt. Or is it the other way around? :D But I'm sure a petrologist could explain it all to me. Hopefully.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:51 pm

~
...the white marble was absolutely clean and smooth, nothing for even the tiniest vegetation to get a grip on.
What a sight, eh?

Just to pester tho :evil: ;) , will note that marble is cut and etched with plasma cutters, but polished with grit and water;
so just guessing that surf was the smoothing agent, rather than plasma arcing from on high,
or maybe early Americans with bear fat and pumice...
menotknow

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:47 pm

so just guessing that surf was the smoothing agent,
Nowhere near the ocean there, and the marble was not polished, but was still very smooth. The piece had fractured in long, curving segments, kind of reminded me of one of those chocolate eggs,
no where near as neat and regular, 5 or 6 pieces about 2 feet long, laying with their bases facing a central hole, and some smaller shards scattered around. I haven't been back to Renfrew for a couple of years now, the scale of the (I believe) EM modified landscape is just downright scary for me to think aboutt! And bigger bears and more Cougars, certainly wouldn't hike alone out there, not without a gun anyway!
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:34 pm

~
Nowhere near the ocean there,
"What once was low, is now ..."
- G. N.
Wasn't marble once coral ?

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:04 am

Wasn't marble once coral ?
Not in my book. All the needed materials could also have been provided by that mega-scale CME, as is likely for all the banded iron deposits in the same region. The calcium carbonate they believe they have detected on Mars, which to mainstream indicates the past presence of water, is also much more likely to have the carbon, calcium and oxygen from CMEs, along with the needed H2O, and all the energy required to do in minutes what they tell us has taken millions of years. 'Course I'm still a petrology greenhorn, so may well be mistaken. :D

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:00 pm

Banded ironstone formation theory challenges current thinking
A UWA geologist has proposed a hypothesis which threatens to overturn conventional notions of the way Banded Ironstone Formations (BIF) first evolved.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-03-banded-iro ... t.html#jCp

Hey, I have a theory too! :D

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:45 pm

G. well i hope your theory is more plausible than Docteur Lascelles'.

We would probably agree that Originally the iron came from crack-ups in terrestrial (or Martian?) crusts,
but the vast red-clay and red-sand deposits of SE USA and West Africa have long been considered as
Deposited by iron-loving one-celled sea critters, sinking in droves; rather than the elemental iron molecules themselves precipitating as "BIF".

But sub-sea 'smokers' have apparently left some pretty interesting fossils.
There was a thread one time with pictures of standing petrified tubes, in some desert somewhere, nétait pas là
?

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:24 am

G. well i hope your theory is more plausible than Docteur Lascelles'.
Only if you are willing to accept the mega-CME as the driving force. Particle sorting not by fluvial but by microwave processes, specie sorting in an aqueous solution, sedimentation by pulsed electric field, the excess H2O wrung out as the waters from the deep, surface modification by electrical disharges, ion implantation, dissociation, Coulomb fracturing and repulsion, E/M metamorphosis, inductive and ohmic softening and melting, ES disharge and arcing, and many other potential processes all demonsrable in a lab or used in many industrial processes. Too Electrical, even for EU proponents?
With layered hills found on other planets and moons that have most certainly never had fluvial processes to do the layering, what other processes are possible? Microwaves are the real 'workhorse' when it comes to transfering large amounts of energy and that big CME could provide all the energy needed.
More plausible than Lascelles model? He wouldn't think so I'm sure! :D

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:37 pm

~
GaryN wrote:
Particle sorting not by fluvial but by microwave processes, specie sorting in an aqueous solution, sedimentation by ...
Well most of the above listed processes i'm having go look up :oops: , but "fluvial", i know- it's flowing out from rivers.

I think the one-celled flora/fauna depositions proposed in a long-term view, are simple sedimentation processii.
For years the wide ocean runs red, wee buds and beasties slurp the stuff up, crap and die. Then climate change sets in for a while;
and the oceans clear up like your gold fish pond in winter.

[I''ve had the pleasure of actually sitting in the muck on the bottom for hours, while the detritus steady rained down
blanketing every thing in sight while
...was actually meant to be working ;) ]

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:43 pm

Could water have carved channels on Mars half a million years ago?
According to lead investigator Jay Dickson, the appearance of the gullies looks almost exactly like ones on Earth that were shaped by water.
http://phys.org/news/2015-03-channels-m ... years.html

Another assumption. Yes, the gullies may appear identical, but the ones on Earth can not be proven to have been formed from water flow. Much more likely is that the gullies on Mars were electrically cut, as were the ones on Earth. The fan at the right looks to be text-book electrical excavation, and I'll bet those boulders are rounded and metamophosed, as they have been on Earth, by EM and not mechanical forces.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri May 08, 2015 9:51 pm

Well here's a good idea. If the boulders are too large to break with a sledge hammer ;) , why not incorporate them into your buildings? Monsanto in Portugal has some impressive granite boulders.
Larger images on the Daily Mail web site:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/trave ... LDERS.html
Granite boulders, often found in isolation atop hills or mountains of plutonic granite. We have one on Chiefs Rock in Squamish, on the BC mainland:
Large granite boulder formed by preferential weathering.
That preferential weathering comes in real handy in lots of situations where they can dream up no better explanation, but the 'crater' in the boulder reeks of an electrical event to me.
Krishnas Butterball though is supposedly a glacial erratic.
I suppose the mainstream can not even consider EM forces, ever, as a single admission that such a process might possibly exist could one day shake the very foundations of the supposed science of geology/petrology.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:14 pm

Looking into sand and sand seas:

With different maps you can see different features. This one of the Great Basin drainage shows, to me, a well defined etch pit. That's where all the sand comes from.The lakes are just where the etching was deeper.
Full size:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... sinmap.png
The Spring Valley region in Nevada:
http://www.nature.nps.gov/geology/educa ... en_WEB.jpg
Even the mighty Shai-Halud would feel at home there I think. :D
The Horst and Graben must also be considered electrically produced. The vertical electrical resistance is lower than the horizontal, so in looking for electrons, the path is downwards, the central region has shrunk, recrystalised, which is why in most exposed horst/graben situations the layers do not line up if you try to move the segments up and down, some of the strata are thinner or fatter than at each side of the formation, or there are extra or missing strata in the central portion.

The line of lakes that stretch from the Beaufort to the Great Lakes are also etch pits, and not glacially scoured.
http://northamerica.theworldatlas.net/n ... -lakes.jpg
During the past winter, there were strong and persistent cold and moisture laden winds that originated in the Beaufort and swept down following the line of lakes, then across the Atlantic. The flow split over the Azores, then merged again and carried on down the length of the Mediterranean all the way to Lebanon, where it snowed. So imagine a much, much more hungry ion stream entering at the North pole, being pulled towards the Earths surface as it sucks out electrons from the surface, breaking bonds, and creating water into the bargain. Where did the flow go then? In Google Earth, fill your screen with the Earth and play around and you will perhaps begin to see where flows, etching, discharges and lifting have occurred.
The Taklamakan Desert is a beauty, an excavation that created a huge sand sea.
Around the edges can be seen many impressive formations:
My favourite so far, the Flaming Mountains in the Tian Shan Mountain range.
And I am to believe water and wind did this?
http://antonywatson.com/wp-content/uplo ... hina-1.jpg

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Almost time to go creek crawling again, it's been very dry here and the rivers and creeks are a month ahead of normal for drying out. Did a reconnoitre recently, took some tools and cleared some trails, pushed up a creek till I came to impassible (without swimming) pools, headed up a smaller, dry, side creek, lots of evidence for the impossibility of water/weathering having formed it. Then headed up a ridge trail for a change, my goodness, even more evidence of strange forces at work.
Didn't have my camera with me, it's on its last legs, so in looking for a replacement found some ruggedised ones with GPS, The Nikon AW130 looks a likely choice. With that I don't have to try and remember where I was when I took a shot, and then I can put those locations into the Open Street Map geocaching system. No macro mode, and fixed lens, but I see some DIY macro setups, Think I could come up with something that would work.
Looking then into Geology Geocaching, I see it is being done, nothing in my immediate area, but found this for in the Cascades:
A Mountain Mosaic
Reading the Rocks
http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC1H ... 6213d82a0f
Of course they talk of the standard model, millions of years and morphed rock pushing up from 100,000 ft down, etc. I believe with enough evidence, that model can be disproved, and if I can get some interest locally, perhaps not even mentioning the electric interpretation just yet, I could collect many images that call into question the possibility of such geological features having been from accepted methods, and then offer the wild but not scientifically impossible alternatives.
This is the area I would be concentrating on, it is close by and has so many examples of the varied forces at work that there is really no reason to look further afield.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=13/48.4319/-123.6546
I'm already intrigued by some of what I have seen on the maps, such as this lake with 2 outlets, with the bottom outlet, if the map is accurate, having been overridden by the expansion of the lower leg of the lake just to the right of the labelled part of the lake.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/48.4427/-123.6797
And Devastation Hill, my mind is already creating images! Better dig out the camping gear, more than a day hike here for sure.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:22 pm

~

Gary, how does one follow your travels on those OpenStreetMap.org maps ? Will there be a GaryN 'layer' ?
To follow you, is it required to sign in and click-to-accept that "use your information" box ?

btw, nice trekking hat you have there...

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Not really sure if I can do what I want on Open Street Maps. I see there is a geocaching group in Sooke, but they aren't really out looking for geological oddities, more playing a game. However, I'd think that finding odd rocks or formations could become part of the game, they are out there anyway so may as well be taking photos. And yes, on a geocaching site, I think I'd just have an account name that could be followed.
http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/vie ... 23baa69233
In the description of the first entry , Jill's hill climb, she posts "I crossed the creek on the large, smooth boulders..."
This in itself defies standard explanation to me. When I went up that narrow feeder creek recently, I came upon a round, smooth boulder that filled the whole creek width, about 3 feet wide at that point. Not a scratch or gouge or chip out of it at all, as is the case with many of the rounded boulders. Yet in the same area there are rocks shattered and blasted to smithereens. How does a glacier (in a 4 feet wide creek :roll: ), a water flow or weathering do that??