'Welease Wosetta!'

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

viscount aero

Re: 'Welease Wosetta!'

Unread post by viscount aero » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:56 pm

Dotini wrote:Some really nice shots of cometary jets, streaks, glows and blobs to be seen here:
http://www.universetoday.com/119296/dus ... tas-comet/
beautiful

FS3

Where are my socks?

Unread post by FS3 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:54 pm

After your announcement I'm still wondering where my socks are:
Dotini wrote:Some really nice shots of cometary jets, streaks, glows and blobs to be seen here:
http://www.universetoday.com/119296/dus ... tas-comet/
I was expecting pictures, my dear - for experiencing your promised effect (with my socks). So, may I help you out? Here...

...Honestly saying, the sock-effect (not "rolling" but BLOWING OFF) came after I was reading the following lines:
...When you and I look at a comet in our telescopes or binoculars, we’re seeing mostly the coma, the bright, fluffy head of the comet composed of dust and gas ejected by the tiny, completely invisible, icy nucleus...
Got it? - Those "tiny, invisible - pd. COMPLETELY INVISIBLE - "icy nucleus"...

Not even speaking of that "fluffy" feeling. Do those people have to sign up to some kind of special courses where they are indoctrinated with that kind of bs?

My socks blew off further than those "jets" at 67P.

And that is at least something.

My feet feel like an icy nucleus now. No wonder, without socks.

:mrgreen:
Kudos!
FS3

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:57 pm

Despite zero ice being detected at all they insist it is there in fact.

This is an example of not only conforming the data to fit the theory but inventing data to fit the theory.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Rosetta: OSIRIS detects hints of ice in the comet's neck
False color image showing the smooth Hapi region connecting the head and body of comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. Differences in reflectivity have been enhanced in this image to emphasise the blueish color of the Hapi region. The scientific data was acquired on 21 August 2014 by the scientific imaging system OSIRIS successively with the filters centered at 989, 700 and 480 nanometers and the images then superposed. During these observations Rosetta was 70 km far away from the comet. Credit: ESA/Rosetta/MPS for OSIRIS Team MPS/UPD/LAM/IAA/SSO/INTA/UPM/DASP/IDA
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-03-rosetta-os ... t.html#jCp
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:36 pm

GaryN wrote:Rosetta: OSIRIS detects hints of ice in the comet's neck
False color image showing the smooth Hapi region connecting the head and body of comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. Differences in reflectivity have been enhanced in this image to emphasise the blueish color of the Hapi region. The scientific data was acquired on 21 August 2014 by the scientific imaging system OSIRIS successively with the filters centered at 989, 700 and 480 nanometers and the images then superposed. During these observations Rosetta was 70 km far away from the comet. Credit: ESA/Rosetta/MPS for OSIRIS Team MPS/UPD/LAM/IAA/SSO/INTA/UPM/DASP/IDA
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-03-rosetta-os ... t.html#jCp
Comets do not need perihelion solar heat to flare up. The scant trace of ice isn't sublimating to create the coma as they describe it. If anything, the ice is deposited onto the surface as some of the created water vapor falls back. This is the reverse of what ESA believes.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:48 pm

"Comets do not need perihelion solar heat to flare up. The scant trace of ice isn't sublimating to create the coma as they describe it. If anything, the ice is deposited onto the surface as some of the created water vapor falls back. This is the reverse of what ESA believes."

And I believe you are more likely correct. :D
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

Metryq

Unread post by Metryq » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:45 pm

viscount aero wrote:If anything, the ice is deposited onto the surface as some of the created water vapor falls back.
That sounds like some ultra-red hamburger I bought once. I doubt there was a gram of fat in it. I think the burger actually grew during cooking, rather than shrinking. It was probably drawing fat out of the air.

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:35 pm

GaryN wrote:"Comets do not need perihelion solar heat to flare up. The scant trace of ice isn't sublimating to create the coma as they describe it. If anything, the ice is deposited onto the surface as some of the created water vapor falls back. This is the reverse of what ESA believes."

And I believe you are more likely correct. :D
Thank you ;)

You can see clearly, too, that sand, regolith (dunes), are created on the surface. In my opinion this is fallout from the coma in a process not yet examined. Dune formation or any other surface deposition phenomena cannot be considered because it isn't recognized by the establishment as existing. Even though it exists photographically speaking, ESA doesn't actually heed it very far. They can't. Their imagination seems to stop after they are confounded over how there "isn't enough air" for dunes to form. So the dunes are only "dune like" and not real. For them, dunes can only form ONE way in the entire universe. Ice must exist in only ONE form, in only ONE way, on any body. This demonstrates how a lack of an imagination hampers science. Einstein warned against this.

FS3

Unread post by FS3 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:23 am

:mrgreen:

I couldn't help myself, I had to do it...

https://twitter.com/FarSight3/status/576717540082249728
https://twitter.com/FarSight3/status/576715898502787072

I wanted to EMBED the Tweets here first - but sorry to say it's not working properly...

FS3

MattEU

Unread post by MattEU » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:38 am

Latest data from Rosetta project

* A full rotation of the body takes just over 12.4 hours
* The axis of rotation runs through the "neck" region
* Its larger lobe ("body") is about 4.1 × 3.3 × 1.8 km
* The smaller lobe ("head") is about 2.6 × 2.3 × 1.8 km
* Gravity measurements give a mass of 10 billion tonnes
* Mapping estimates the volume to be about 21.4 cubic km
* The density works out at about 470kg per cubic metre
* This would imply that Comet 67P is highly porous
* It is 70-80% empty space, but are there big voids inside?
* Daytime surface temperatures range from -93C to -43C
* Amount of incident light reflected (albedo) is just 6%

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:58 am

25143 Itokawa looks a lot like 67P/C-G:

http://www.eso.org/public/archives/imag ... o1405b.jpg

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:29 pm

Daffy and Donald
:P

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:54 am

Steve Smith wrote:25143 Itokawa looks a lot like 67P/C-G:

http://www.eso.org/public/archives/imag ... o1405b.jpg
That's quite an amazing morphological similarity, uncanny. It appears the processes for this morphology are the same.

flyingcloud

Unread post by flyingcloud » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:27 am

Comet springs surprise: Rosetta and Philae find Comet 67P not magnetised

http://phys.org/news/2015-04-comet-rose ... tised.html
Instead, the magnetic field that was measured was consistent with an external one, namely the influence of the solar wind interplanetary magnetic field near the comet nucleus. This conclusion is confirmed by the fact that variations in the field that were measured by Philae closely agree with those seen at the same time by Rosetta

FS3

Unread post by FS3 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:10 pm

flyingcloud wrote:Comet springs surprise: Rosetta and Philae find Comet 67P not magnetised

http://phys.org/news/2015-04-comet-rose ... tised.html
Instead, the magnetic field that was measured was consistent with an external one, namely the influence of the solar wind interplanetary magnetic field near the comet nucleus. This conclusion is confirmed by the fact that variations in the field that were measured by Philae closely agree with those seen at the same time by Rosetta
That's conclusive with the EU-theories, as there is no need for an intrinsic magnetic field - due to the relatively small nucleus - but an ongoing upbuilding due to the activities of the solar "wind" that triggers the double layer around the nucleus, see the paper: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/early ... ce.aaa5102
...Based on magnetic field measurements during the descent and subsequent multiple touchdown of the Rosetta lander Philae on the comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko, we show that no global magnetic field was detected within the limitations of analysis. The ROMAP suite of sensors measured an upper magnetic field magnitude of less than 2 nT at the cometary surface at multiple locations with the upper specific magnetic moment being < 3.1·10−5 Am2/kg for meter-size homogeneous magnetized boulders. The maximum dipole moment of 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko is 1.6·108 Am2. We conclude that on the meter-scale, magnetic alignment in the pre-planetary nebula is of minor importance...
This observation contradicts and nullifies the standard theorie for creation of comets from planetary nebular discs as gravitational pull was only considered to be important from 100 meters diameter on. Below that border "different mechanisms" do play a role - although no one knows what those mechanisms are...

FS3