The Human Question,Origins

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

David Edgar Tampke

The Human Question,Origins

Unread post by David Edgar Tampke » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:16 am

Perhaps someone can comment:Download marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov, lookat the group of rocks found in Spirit Panorama views, # sol118,7th row down,2nd from left. There is a rock with an amazing script of some sort on it, in the lower left quarter of the scene. Was it blasted from earth in ancient times? Must be enlarged 5 to 7 times.My courses in geology have never exposed me to such a fracture face.

moses

Re: The Human Question,Origins

Unread post by moses » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:38 pm

Can you post a link ?
Mo

David Edgar Tampke

Re: The Human Question,Origins,specifics

Unread post by David Edgar Tampke » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:10 am

Sorry folks, I should have retraced my research in detail.
>>get to website---marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov---and then find selection of images 1/4 down on page
>>click All Raw Images
>>Find in middle and click on View all Spirit raw images
Find Science Cameras----Panoramic Camera # 118--double click on it<<<
>>go down seven rows of photos and click on the second photo(of three)
>>click on full view image and expand
>>>> save this scene to your picture file(as Type JPEG('.ipg)) so you can enlarge it ten times.The rock with script is in the lower left quadrant, facing left. Enjoy.

Grey Cloud

Re: The Human Question,Origins,specifics

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:35 am

David Edgar Tampke wrote:Sorry folks, I should have retraced my research in detail.
>>get to website---marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov---and then find selection of images 1/4 down on page
>>click All Raw Images
>>Find in middle and click on View all Spirit raw images
Find Science Cameras----Panoramic Camera # 118--double click on it<<<
>>go down seven rows of photos and click on the second photo(of three)
>>click on full view image and expand
>>>> save this scene to your picture file(as Type JPEG('.ipg)) so you can enlarge it ten times.The rock with script is in the lower left quadrant, facing left. Enjoy.
Can you not just copy the URL from the address bar of your browser and paste into a post? This would save us all the treasure hunt. :D Things like 'a 1/4 down the page' depend on screen size and resolution.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

moses

Unread post by moses » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:38 pm

Try this:
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/ ... 11L7M1.JPG

Unusual marking but on unevenly curved rock.
Mo

David Edgar Tampke

Unread post by David Edgar Tampke » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:41 pm

You are getting hot,MO. I,too, noticed the stain on the curved surface of a rock in the quadrant, and then I looked further toward the edge at a rock 1/2 the size and of a tent or pyramid-roofed shape facing the same way, whose flat side was about 1/2 half the area of the stained rock. You might have to enlarge again. As far as making it complicated for finding, I was hoping younger energies than my late date in life would take up the torch and scout out more information. NASA will not do it.This organization is composed of silly putty and hard-shelled black walnuts sometime. Not one life scientist, paleotologist, nor archeologist was put on the team for this mission. It is up to us ,kids. Who is there to challenge the sighting by me and others, of fossilized rugose corral from the Devonion period?

David Edgar Tampke

Unread post by David Edgar Tampke » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:46 am

Sites of pieces of "coral" with camera image number given if someone is interested will be given. They look like bits of blast material also ----they have repeated, complicated structures which would rule out atomic and molecular , nonliving , chemical interaction.

moses

Unread post by moses » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:24 am

Coral could be likely. Bits breaking off and being transported through
the air.
In the picture seen as a 10x10 grid then the rock would be at 2,2 ?
Mo

David Edgar Tampke

Unread post by David Edgar Tampke » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:54 pm

Are you refering to centimeters--10by 10? Sizing would help me in my research--thanks.Here are some other things to chew on. Hopefully a few people have seen the geometric or scriptic design and attention has been locked in.
>>Opportunity Rover,Micro Camera Sol34, first three--floating Crinoid mass fossil slab with embedded boli from Birkeland current,Cretaceous period.
>>Spirit Panoramic camera, Sol 71,9th row down, 2nd from left,lower 1/2
of scene, below and at 7 o'clock from white rock, Brachiopod shells, Ordovician period
>>Spirit Panoramic camera, Sol 71, 6th row from bottom. 1st on left, colonial coral, Carboniferous to Eocene. If all these things came from a blast from the earth during intense electical activity and were caused to be scattered around on the surface of mars this way, then an expert is called for, for identification.