Electric Moon

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

viscount aero

Re: Wonderfiul example of EDM on The Moon

Unread post by viscount aero » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:50 am

I realize that the flat floors are result of the dried lava. Rivers' surfaces are flat. But what about the features that are miles and miles long with unchanging widths?

Bomb20

Unread post by Bomb20 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:19 am

If it goes for many, many miles without changing weidth then it is unlikely to be a lava stream because lava channels can create overflow leeves or show other changes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lava_channel

However, also electric discharges can display changing weidths, I think.

I could not read the following sources until now but this type of articels or papers should describe the mainstream positions.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 001033/pdf

And here is an article about a vertical hole on the moon. It is imagined to be a (possible) lunar lava tube). However, I can not see any proof for this claim until now.

http://www.planetary.brown.edu/pdfs/3972.pdf

I am sorry, Neil! We drifted away from your topic EDM on the Moon. Nevertheless, I hope you found some of the other information useful too.

Bomb20

Unread post by Bomb20 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:07 am

IMHO the crater floor of crater Komarov is another good example of EDM on the Moon:

http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/news/uploads/L ... otated.png

3D clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhvxubxUl6c

BurrellP

Unread post by BurrellP » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:35 pm

No idea what the anomalies to the top left are - suggestions?

They appear to be film emulsion artifacts.

Bomb20

Unread post by Bomb20 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:17 am

Hello,

I can´t spot anomalies there. The top left is covered by little craters on the rims of the crater Komarov. And I see the flat floor of the neighbouring Moscoviense basin closer to the left upper corner. Crater Komarov is situated southeast of the afore mentioned mare Moscoviense basin.

Here you can get a better impression of the situation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare_Mosco ... 0-8648.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare_Mosco ... 24_med.jpg

You should use the magnifier for the pictures there.

Bomb20

Unread post by Bomb20 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:55 pm

Another interesting place with potential EDM inside crater Posidonious:

http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/news/uploads/L ... xannon.png

Bomb20

Unread post by Bomb20 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:58 am

For information:

A mainstream homepage is trying to differentiate between three types of rilles. See:

http://www.packerlighting.com/Lunar_Art ... 03of6.html

Bomb20

Unread post by Bomb20 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:11 am

But what about the features that are miles and miles long with unchanging widths?
These cases are called "graben" in mainstream science and attributed to sunken selections of crust between parallel faults. In fact the grabens look like another type of EDM products in many cases. See:

http://www.inconstantmoon.com/lim_0306.htm

Frantic

Did the moon once have a Dynamo at its core?

Unread post by Frantic » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:46 pm

Well this articles raises a lot of interesting contradictions. If the moon formed from the earth's crust via an impact event, than we would expect to see some conglomerate of earth crust and mantle materials. I do not see that a concentration of ferromagnetic materials would arise from that impact to create a dynamo core. If it could not have been a dynamo is it more likely that as they had previously thought the material was formed in a short burst from an external magnetic field?

The hot moon requires the impact theory, but this would leave you with a hot core which is not ferromagnetic.

The cold moon requires capture theory. A cold captured moon may have been formed elsewhere with a magnetic core, but would not have the internal heat to power a dynamo. I don't know, just an interesting article, lots of mention of electrical activity and even mentioning plasma creating magnetic fields. Enjoy.

http://www.space.com/27927-moon-magneti ... ne+Feed%29
Space.com wrote:Many mysteries remain about the magnetic field of the moon, such as what powered it and when it ended, the scientists added.

But scientists were uncertain whether the moon generated a magnetic field the same way Earth does, or if the magnetic fields seen on the moon were instead produced by outside forces. For instance, cosmic impacts on the moon could have sparked super-heated plasma that generated strong, brief magnetic fields, explaining the magnetized rocks the astronauts discovered.
In the past six years or so, however, a new generation of scientific techniques and computer simulations has now made a strong case that the moon may have had a magnetic core like Earth's.

Magnetic fields are generated by electric currents.

"We think planets generate magnetic fields by moving electrically conducting fluids inside them," said study co-author Benjamin Weiss, a planetary scientist at MIT. Flowing metal in Earth's core makes the heart of the planet a dynamo — a generator of electrical current — and this dynamo generates Earth's magnetic field.

If the moon had a dynamo that generated a magnetic field, that could yield key insights into its hidden inner structure.

"The moon is intermediate between a planet and a small body like an asteroid, so establishing whether the moon had an ancient dynamo could help show that it was a highly evolved body differentiated into layers like Earth," he added. "This would tell you about the origin of the moon — some models say the moon started off cold and unmelted, while others suggest it was created from a giant impact and predict it should have been hot."

Frantic

Re: Did the moon once have a Dynamo at its core?

Unread post by Frantic » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Here is the phys.org article. Dynamo in a Blender :)

http://phys.org/news/2014-12-moon-molte ... ynamo.html
Q. Why is it so surprising that a lunar dynamo may have been so intense and long-lived?

A. Both the strong intensity and long duration of lunar fields are surprising because of the moon's small size. Convection, which is thought to power all known dynamos in the solar system today, is predicted to produce surface magnetic fields on the moon at least 10 times weaker than what we observe recorded in ancient lunar rocks.
Nevertheless, a convective dynamo powered by crystallization of an inner core could potentially sustain a lunar magnetic field for billions of years. An exotic dynamo mechanism that could explain the moon's strong field intensity is that the core was stirred by motion of the solid overlying mantle, analogous to a blender. The moon's mantle was moving because its spin axis is precessing, or wobbling, and such motion was more vigorous billions of years ago, when the moon was closer to the Earth. Such mechanical dynamos are not known for any other planetary body, making the moon a fascinating natural physics laboratory.

madkevo

Re: Did the moon once have a Dynamo at its core?

Unread post by madkevo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:07 am

A dynamo or a motor ?!

viscount aero

H20 extracted from moon dust

Unread post by viscount aero » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:04 pm

BBC Horizon 2007 - Dr. Larry Clark makes water from moon dust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaefoItliTc

Dr. Larry Clark from Lockheed Martin demonstrates how water can be chemically created from moon dust using a moon dust analog. He compresses then heated the dust to 800ºC.

Steve Smith

Re: H20 extracted from moon dust

Unread post by Steve Smith » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Yes, "water of hydration" is contained in almost all rocks. It is usually electrically charged (ionized) and can be expelled by heating the rock, sometimes with an electric arc. This brings to mind the cometary water that is often claimed to be found in their comas.

There appears to be a kind of insistence among many Electric Universe proponents that comets are hot and dry without water, especially water in the form of ice. I don't disagree that comets are rocky bodies and that they don't have ice fields, or frosty coatings, or even buried slabs of ice. However, since they are often crystalline, then they most likely contain water of hydration.

Another point that appears anomalous in the Electric Universe view of comets, is that they are theorized to be the debris from electric arcs that impacted rocky planets, including Earth, at some time in the recent past. If a gigantic thunderbolt slammed into the ocean one or more times, it stands to reason that the ocean floor and the ocean water, itself, would have been accelerated into space along highly eccentric orbits. Indeed, I predicted many years ago that when Mars approaches opposition with Earth, an increase in naked-eye comets will occur. I haven't actually taken the time to plot that data, but if Mars was excavated by electric arcs, then the explosive debris most likely remains in association with the planet. So, when Mars draws near, so does the debris cloud.

Getting back to the point, I think that, since comets and asteroids are most likely not primordial, then they must be similar in structure to the rocky bodies from which they were derived. Isn't that how they identify so-called "Martian meteorites? If ocean floor crust and ocean water were blasted out of Earth, some of it could have been sent far out into space. This means that some time in the past there could actually have been "dirty snowballs" that were vast clouds of water sent into space by electrical activity, along with dust and fractured crustal strata.

If, as Electric Universe theory proposes, the catastrophic events took place between 5000 and 10000 years ago, those snowballs are probably all dissipated through sublimation by now. However, many comets probably contain water because they were blasted out of a warm, wet planet. I hesitate to question the conclusions of brighter lights than myself, but it seems to me that reason demands comets have water bound up in them. I can't see how acknowledging watery comets violates the tenets of our synthesis.

seasmith

Re: H20 extracted from moon dust

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:45 pm

~

Finally, a voice of reason ...

;)

Eric_Jorgensen

The Giordano Bruno Crater

Unread post by Eric_Jorgensen » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:39 pm

This is my first post! Hopefully it doesn't bore your brains out, I haven't written forum posts for years.

Anyway... I somehow happened upon the historical account of the aforementioned crater possibly being formed in the year 1178 and witnessed by 5 men who were looking at the moon when it happened.

http://h2g2.com/edited_entry/A993297
This year on the Sunday before the Feast of Saint John the Baptist, after sunset when the moon was first seen, a marvelous sign was seen by five or more men sitting facing it. Now, there was a clear new moon, as was usual at that phase, its horns extended to the east; and behold suddenly the upper horn was divided in two. Out of the middle of its division a burning torch sprang, throwing out a long way, flames, coals and sparks. As well, the moon's body which was lower, twisted as though anxious, and in the words of those who told me and had seen it with their own eyes, the moon palpitated like a pummeled snake. After this it returned to its proper state. This vicissitude repeated itself a dozen times or more, namely that the fire took on tormented forms variously at random, and afterwards returned to its prior state. Even after these vicissitudes, from horn to horn, that means along its length, it became semi-black. This to me who writes this was told by those men who with their own eyes saw it, and who are willing to swear an oath that they have not added to nor falsified the above written.
To me it sounds like a discharge event. If it was an ordinary asteroid, why would the phenomenon reoccur 12 times? I looked up the wiki page and it says there's contention due to the lack of independent corroboration by different parties on the globe that should've seen and documented it, not to mention the fact that if it did happen...Shouldn't the Earth have captured some of the debris?(Asteroidal discharge or neutral asteroid) I pasted the Latin text into Google translate, just to see what a direct translation would say, it's interesting. This is the direct text where it describes the actual phenomena. I italicized the text in the English version so you can compare.

"From the the midst of this division, the torch of destruction, burning, flame, sparks, coals, and a longer cast. Meanwhile the body of the moon, which was below the tortures were worried, and, to use their words, and they told me that they saw with their own eyes, to die by a snake moon reliving. After this, he returned to his own position. And were beyond measure this return to twelve times out again, that is to say in order to sustain a fire of torments, as is touched on, and again to return to the state in the same manner"

I wonder what they mean't about the Moon becoming semi-black length wise... Hmm. The crater is near the border between the Earth facing and far side of the Moon. It IS in the region where the average elevation is in the negative, which happens to be mostly Earth facing. The farside of the moon is on average higher in elevation. Similar to the Martian landscape being higher in the southern hemisphere and lower in the northern hemisphere. If a plasma discharge lifted debris temporarily (cathode lifting?), that would explain the moon becoming semi-dark for a period of time. If an electrically charged asteroid hit it, I could see one plasmatic display occuring as it approaches. Can't be multiple asteroids... No similar craters around it.

We'll never really know if the crater and the story are connected, all we can do is speculate.

EJ