Electric Meteors and Meteorites

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MrAmsterdam

"Organics Preserved in Ancient Meteorite-Formed Glass"

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:30 am

Organics Preserved in Ancient Meteorite-Formed Glass

http://www.astrobio.net/exclusive/5876/ ... med-glass-

Scientists have found organics from Earth's swamp trapped inside of glass created by a meteor impact almost a million years ago. The tiny pockets, only micrometers across, contain material such as cellulose and proteins. Though the impact glass was found on Earth, scientists say that similar samples could have been thrown into space by this or other blasts, allowing organics to be transported from one planet to another.

-

Impact glass

Approximately 800,000 years ago, a rock 100 to 160 feet (30 to 50 meters) across crashed down in Western Tasmania, Australia. As it slammed into the Earth, temperatures exceeded 1,700 degrees Celsius (3,100 degrees Fahrenheit), melting rock and creating glass sphericals, as well as a quarter-mile wide hole known as the Darwin Crater

"The reason the glass is so abundant seems likely to relate to the presence of volatiles like water at the surface when the impact occurred," lead author Kieren Howard of the City University of New York told Astrobiology by email.

"A bit like when water from your spatula drips into a frying pan, having the right amount of water at the surface during impact may have increased the magnitude of the explosion, and the production and dispersal of the melt."

-

The challenge, he noted, is discovering the tiny inclusions. Still, on Earth at least, the capture of organics could be more abundant than previous finds have indicated.

"To the uniformitarian mind of a geologist, finding a discovery like ours suggests it’s a product of a common process," Howard said.

"Ultimately, impacts are impacts and organics are abundant -- and apparently more resilient than we ever predicted, at least in terrestrial settings."
Seems like there is no room for another explanation then hard hitting "impacts".

If you look at another explanation of creation of tiny glass pockets, then the creation of material such as cellulose and proteins maybe easier explained. How about an electric discharge phenomenon ?

The whole picture changes with electric discharges. At the moment this happens the glass, melted rock, cellulose and proteins could have been created...within a couple of seconds or milliseconds.

Aren't there any empirical experiments that point to this alternative explanation ?
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

Sparky

Re: "Organics Preserved in Ancient Meteorite-Formed Glass"

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:23 am

Aren't there any empirical experiments that point to this alternative explanation ?
YES, there are! But every time that I run it I wake up with an oxygen mask on and firefighters around me.... :shock:

I need to fine tune my method more... :?
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:38 pm

Perhaps organics not only survive extremes of heat but are actually fostered and helped along by the extremes. Life may be born in the fires of hell.

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:45 am

Although not exactly on topic, here is a mainstream BBC documentary about mysterious green glass found in the desert:

Tutankhamun's Fireball - BBC Documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFSglZ8994U

"An Austrian astrochemist Christian Koeberl had established that the glass had been formed at a temperature so hot that there could be only one known cause: a meteorite impacting with Earth. And yet there were no signs of a suitable impact crater, even in satellite images.

American geophysicist John Wasson is another scientist interested in the origins of the glass. He suggested a solution that came directly from the forests of Siberia.

"When the thought came to me that it required a hot sky, I thought immediately of the Tunguska event," he told Horizon.

In 1908, a massive explosion flattened 80 million trees in Tunguska, Siberia.

Although there was no sign of a meteorite impact, scientists now think an extraterrestrial object of some kind must have exploded above Tunguska. Wasson wondered if a similar aerial burst could have produced enough heat to turn the ground to glass in the Egyptian desert."

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:46 pm

Sparky wrote:
YES, there are! But every time that I run it I wake up with an oxygen mask on and firefighters around me.... :shock:

I need to fine tune my method more... :?
LOL! Gotta get a Youtube video up for that one. :lol:

Maybe get the MythBusters crew involved?

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Thanks, Mom... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFSglZ8994U
At about 6 min. there are some strange formations in the desert....

At 40 min there is a good computer sim. of an impact.

At 45 min. an impact of a fractured asteroid over SE Asia...
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

quantauniverse

NASA Cosmic Coincidence Repeats by Asteroids and Meteorites

Unread post by quantauniverse » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:09 am

NASA declared it a cosmic coincidence when fireballs and meteors filled the skies in Russia on Feb 2013, shortly after asteroid 2012 DA14 had a near earth flyby. On Sept 7, 2014 asteroid 2014 RC did a near earth flyby, and a large meteorite hit Nicaragua. Again, NASA scientists say they don't think it is even related.
http://ideastream.org/news/npr/347082405
In 2013 I explained how asteroids will have fragments that break apart by magnetic fields, and continue in the same trajectories that are related to the asteroid. I even proved that the asteroid and Russian meteorite samples had the same composition.
http://holographicgalaxy.blogspot.com/2 ... ikely.html

kell1990

Something very strange is happening

Unread post by kell1990 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:35 pm

http://www.spaceweather.com/

Solar wind
speed: 353.8 km/sec
density: 20.4 protons/cm3

On Oct. 7, 2014, the network reported 173 fireballs

(THis is current as of 2:30 am EDT)

I don't ever recall this many fireballs or this high a proton density coming from the sun. Anybody have an idea what might be going on here?

Maol

Re: Something very strange is happening

Unread post by Maol » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:54 pm

Density is about 30 per cc right now.

flyingcloud

Unread post by flyingcloud » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:38 am

I've been keeping a fireball database for almost a year now, inspired by the IMS issues.

http://www.space.com/25559-asteroid-mon ... -tape.html

Check out the spaceweather archive for 9/3/2014 and 9/13/2014. Making this the #3 since the beginning of September.

kell1990

Unread post by kell1990 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:59 am

flyingcloud wrote:I've been keeping a fireball database for almost a year now, inspired by the IMS issues.

Check out the spaceweather archive for 9/3/2014 and 9/13/2014. Making this the #3 since the beginning of September.
You're absolutely right. Do you have any idea why there's this sudden increase in fireballs? Could it be that the Earth is moving into a zone that is much more populated with asteroids? Or that we're just finding more of them?

kell1990

Unread post by kell1990 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:05 am

[quote="Maol"]Density is about 30 per cc right now.

Why do you suppose there's a sudden increase in proton density? There have been no increases in flares or sunspot activity. In fact, the sunspots that are present are relatively mundane and are unlikely to be the source of the increase (AFAIK).

flyingcloud

Unread post by flyingcloud » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:21 pm

kell1990 wrote:
flyingcloud wrote:I've been keeping a fireball database for almost a year now, inspired by the IMS issues.

You're absolutely right. Do you have any idea why there's this sudden increase in fireballs? Could it be that the Earth is moving into a zone that is much more populated with asteroids? Or that we're just finding more of them?
I have no data before 10/15/13, could be cyclical?

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:23 pm

This may be total nonsense but protons may build up/pile up at the edge of a giant structure or region around the Sun, a bubble or sheath--and then break out of it as the structure bursts and collapses and then reconstitutes itself in a cycle. That would account for the "late" or delayed effect when sunspot/solar activity is at a minimum. The newly arrived solar wind density is old and delayed.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:48 am

Could it be that the Earth is moving into a zone that is much more populated with asteroids?
A zone more populated with meteors would be the case, I think. There are a number of meteor streams. The Earth travels through them each year. EU theory suggests that the streams began when the Saturn-Earth system broke up 4,500 years ago.

Is there any evidence of correlation between number of fireballs and solar wind protons?