EM fields to communicate between hemispheres —

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

seasmith

EM fields to communicate between hemispheres —

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:55 am

Electromagnetic fields to communicate between hemispheres ?

... corpus callosum is the main conduit for information flowing between the left and right hemispheres of our brains. Now, neuroscientists at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) have found that people who are born without that link—a condition called agenesis of the corpus callosum, or AgCC—still show remarkably normal communication across the gap between the two halves of their brains.
http://media.caltech.edu/press_releases/13465

Sparky

Re: EM fields to communicate between hemispheres —

Unread post by Sparky » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:41 am

Unless you consider the electrochemical processes that are normal within the brain as E/M, then no, it falls under the normal plasticity of the brain. This is nothing new, just not fully understood as yet.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Human Hearts Beat Together
It's not always easy to follow your heart. But for human babies and their mothers, following each other's hearts may be as simple as sharing a smile. A new study shows that 3-month-old infants and their mothers can synchronize their heartbeats to mere milliseconds. Researchers sat 40 pairs of mothers and infants face-to-face, equipped with sticky skin electrodes on either side of their hearts. Beat for beat, mother-and-child hearts thumped together almost instantly as they shared loving looks or contented coos. This cardiac coupling worked only for moms with their own babies, and only when the duos synchronized smiles and other cheerful social behaviors, researchers report in this month's issue of Infant Behavior and Development. When humans mirror each other's facial expressions, they may switch on specific areas in the brain that tell the heart when to thump, the researchers suspect. Melding with mom lasts longer than just a few beats, however. Babies who don't tune in with their mothers are less empathetic as teenagers, according to previous work from the same lab. Premature infants or those whose mothers have postpartum depression may be most at risk for losing this social skill because they miss out on early opportunities to interact with mom.
http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2 ... 71a76a068d

Also, a person in a frantic or manic state can be calmed down by another person, calm and breathing with regularity, by holding their foreheads together.
(no citation)

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Fuller informs us that each of us "generates a self-surrounding, ultra-ultra-high-frequency electromagnetic field" . The energy alternates between negative and positive. When a person is feeling positive he or she gives of positive electromagnetic energy.
I think cats may be able to see this energy field. Some humans say they can, too. I don't make a fuss over cats, don't pet them, and some of my friends cats seem to like that. At my friends house one day, 2 of his cats came and jumped up on me, one sitting upright on each leg, facing me. They were both looking around my head, their eyes darting around like they were watching flies or moths or something, but my friend said there was nothing there. They never once looked me in the eyes, you can tell when they are doing so. This lasted about 15 minutes, then they did look me in the eyes, settled down on my legs and just purred away. There are fields around us, IMO, and it would seem to make sense that a mother and child would be 'in tune'.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller