Ben Stein's Expelled

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

junglelord

Re: Ben Stein's Expelled

Unread post by junglelord » Thu May 01, 2008 3:36 am

Indeed one has to watch pointing the finger at "fringe" when one is considered "fringe"...
Kinda the pot calling the kettle black.
:lol:

But all sillyness aside, I am happy to see the forum is not going down the road I thought it might.
Kudos to the entire group, both moderators and members.
:D

Now that we have cleared that up lets get back to business. The Church of Cosmology really peaed me off this morning. Its time to take on the dinosaur and not the military complex.
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... ?f=3&t=464

Its very easy to prove the truth (flying triangles)....yet its almost impossible to stop the lies that come from the Church of Cosmology. How do you keep up with so much Dogma and Propaganda?
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Zakhur

Re: Ben Stein's Expelled

Unread post by Zakhur » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:28 pm

junglelord wrote: Meanwhile the History Channel Series The Universe talks about dogma like fact, hand over fist. In fact the amount of dogma they present as hard science is sickening and certainly runs the risk of being called Brain Washing, almost a church of sciencetoloty...that is the present state of things in both cosmology science and the standard model.
:roll:
That reminds me. Several years ago I saw a "scientific documentary" on the Sun. It was in an IMax theater. It was so religious they even presented Aztec theology. Ironically, they also presented the persecution of Galileo, complete with drawings of instruments of torture and everything. They went so far as to show an image of a monstrance containing the exposed Eucharist while the narrator said in an ominous voice "But the Church refused to be removed from the center." I'm Catholic so I was deeply offended by that. Only in retrospect do I see how offended I should have been at the dogmatic presentation of the standard model.