What happens to our EM field when we die?

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Sparky

Re: What happens to our EM field when we die?

Unread post by Sparky » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:16 am

rub-er circuits wrote:first off the vile suggestion that people strap bombs to their chest and kill innocents to satisfy a sky fairy is insanely ignorant.

I admit to being ignorant. Insane? maybe....Both conditions could be genetic or a result of conditions i had no control over. If that is the case....

Your presumptions that i am ignorant and insane, and the ensuing ad hominem diatribe towards me indicates, at best, a bully, and at worst, a spiritual terrorist.

The delusions contained within your post and used as justifications for your own verbally violent outburst demonstrates my point, that a belief, an ideology tends to react violently when even a perceived threat is felt.
--Peace and blessings to all, yes even the godless heathens herein...
Disingenuous!...condescension out of the delusion of virtuous superiority.

Hypocrite! have i not pointed that out to your before? :)

Anyone who engages in the practice of psycho- therapy confronts every day the devastation wrought by the teachings of religion. - Nathanial Branden Ph.D., The Psychology of Self-esteem
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

skypeter

Unread post by skypeter » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:20 pm

May I politely point out that this is a scientific blog and folks who from their backgrounds or beliefs will never agree, or agree to disagree, trading banter or even insulting each other, is in fact pointless and a complete waste of time and in my opinion is not really what should be happening here where we are trying to advance human understanding.

If I might quote Her Majesty The Queen of England when she was asked the key to her marriage to Prince Phillip for over half a century, Her answer was "Tolerance". I agree with her. Blessings on you all. Peter

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:00 pm

rub-er circuits wrote:
[...]is there a funny hat with that?
well waddayaknow...
[img]mooncostumes.com/image/7707[/img]
Strapping.. literally
Did you mean this? :lol:
It's all about perception.

remelic

Unread post by remelic » Mon May 23, 2011 2:17 am

My guess is that it goes back to the Earth... Where else is it supposed to go?

Couldn't it just be static charge that belongs to the Earth in the first place?

Thread solved.

8-)

ha ha
Secrets of Edward Leedskalnin
“Like a flash of lightning and in an instant the truth was revealed.” - Nikola Tesla
Electricity = Magnetism x Speed of Light Squared... Thats what he really meant.

ColdCowboy

Unread post by ColdCowboy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:34 pm

Here is something for everyone...

Looking at ourselves and animals, we can agree that each creature has a way of doing things (like survival) that 'works'. If they were built any other way, they would not be so capable. So we must consider that nature or God (pick one) has prepared us even for the moment of death.

Now our question becomes, what is this death reflex, what does it do? Every creature has reflexs, like autonomic nerves. So therefore, what if our brain sends out a burst transmission 'in extremis', or at the moment of death? Taking this perspective immediately allows us to enjoy another view; that while our human design gives us all this capability, it is plausible to see that some folks have gotten more of this propensity from genes, and they are the psychic people. Also, many psychic people needed a near death experience to begin feeling their own nature; confirming the theory more.

Nature/God gave us the whole package, people, and that includes the air-bag feature of emitting a tight beam coded burst of mental EM strait into the Akashic record(and there it stays).

Julian Braggins

Unread post by Julian Braggins » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:26 am

To skypeter and those who did not disagree with him,

I have had a keen interest in investigating the paranormal for the last thirty years and agree completely with peter.
For a very comprehensive collation of this field download this (free) ~200pp e-book by Victor Zammit who is a retired Attorney of the High Court and Supreme Court of New South Wales, my State.

The Case for Life After Death
www.victorzammit.com/book/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtKznL1JfrQ There are 5 videos from a film by Peter Ramster, a psychiatrist who does regression to past lives in certain cases on this site , the ones marked 'Banned'
I knew him and two of the subjects in the film and can vouch for its authenticity. The film was on channel 7 here in the 80's and caused a lot of controversy, some of the most convincing stuff had to be edited out from religious pressure. He wrote a book on the film "In search of past lives" ISBN 064600021 7 which tells the whole story.

http://www.near-death.com/reincarnation.html gives a few good links on the subject

I wish those who ridicule subjects such as this would READ the LITERATURE. Scientists don't spend decades of their lives investigating, coming up with positive results for no reason. Many dropped their faith, or their skeptical ideas in the face of overwhelming evidence.

And for those who say this is OT, this is the answer to where our EM Field goes, with proofs.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:52 am

Julian, An interesting and informative post....I have casually looked at such material over the decades, but was suspicious of methodology and belief induced prejudice .

Example: A researcher was being interviewed on the radio, so i emailed him and pointed out a flaw in his logic. He wrote back that he couldn't accept what i said because "he didn't want to believe such a scenario could exist."

you said,
Scientists don't spend decades of their lives investigating, coming up with positive results for no reason.
not a logical argument...yes, there are reasons, but they may have nothing to do with good scientific investigation. As i illustrated before, "positive results'", in this area of investigation are subjective and open to distortions from beliefs. We see the same thing in science by many scientists.
Many dropped their faith, or their skeptical ideas in the face of overwhelming evidence.
Interesting, but people change their perspectives/faiths all the time, and in both directions. For a scientist to not be skeptical, even of their own studies, is problematic.

"Overwhelming evidence"? subjective conclusions to that evidence. I admit that something seems to be going on in the metaphysical world, but to reach any conclusions other than that is a stretch.

I will download the book you suggested and glance at it.
thank you
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Julian Braggins

Unread post by Julian Braggins » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:55 am

Hi Sparky,
A couple of corrections to my previous post, first the title of Peter Ramster's book is 'In search of Lives Past' not past lives, and the second I agree,
"Scientists don't spend decades of their lives investigating, coming up with positive results for no reason."
is not a valid argument, the thing was it was past midnight and what I should have said was much longer, more on the lines that scientists with international reputations, a Nobel Prize winner and others with names that were household words do not spend decades of research trying to disprove an hypothesis that was commonly regarded as no more than superstition, come up with incontroversial evidence in their view to support the hypothesis despite previously held views, just for fun.

Glad to hear you will at least 'glance through' the ebook, you might even challenge the author on his $500,000 wager to disprove the afterlife!
On the point of glancing through, one chapter on the 'Cross Correspondences' gives a very brief outline of a certified document in the library of the British Psychological Society that is ~2000pages long, and gives the whole story of some of these scientists devising a way to send messages back from the 'other side' when they died that would be immune to fakery and they succeeded to any logical readers view. It took around 30 years to complete, and convinced a board set up by the Church of England to investigate life after death, and surprise, surprise, they hid their findings for forty years, and of course by then it didn't make mainstream news.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:38 am

Julian;

I got the Victor Zammit book and read a few of the chapters that caught my immediate interest. And i am in the process of downloading some recordings of spirit voices. Like i implied, i have had a casual interest in this for many decades. This book covers a great deal of information! I have not seen the magnitude of the investigations that is presented therein.

What do you think of starting a thread to specifically discuss the material in Victor Zammit's book? I still have some concerns about methodology and other specific things.

you said,
Scientists don't spend decades of their lives investigating, coming up with positive results for no reason.

since you had referenced Victor's book, that was a logical argument/ conclusion, and i was in error to address it without consulting your evidence. Now that i have scanned the evidence i see what you are saying....sorry.. :oops:

Julian Braggins

Unread post by Julian Braggins » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:30 am

Hi Sparky,
Glad I have got your attention.
Your suggestion of starting another thread on the subject sounds like a good idea, with some reservations. I don't want to do anything that would leave Thunderbolds open to ridicule as I fully realize that the subjects brought up by Victor Zammit are thought by the 'mainstream' as kooky and not worth investigating and could be used as ammunition against them, so before doing anything I might sent Dave Smith a PM and see what he thinks.
From a personal point of view, I'm not out to convince anyone, i.e. proselytizing, but just to put forward evidence that others more dedicated than I am have put together over the years.

One reason that I more or less gave up on activity on the subject was that for legal reasons the group had to be incorporated, had to have insurance and company records etc, that made a lot of work and expense for what was really a hobby. Another reason was that there were no good mediums in the area and bringing them from two or three hundred miles away was becoming difficult, and most of the group were only interested in getting a ‘reading’ that they seemed to use as a guide for decisions that they should be making on their own. Perhaps that is why certainty in these matters is never reached, if it was, we would have no free will and fail to learn the lessons that time in our physical world is all about.

I see that that might imply an overall plan, and perhaps a central intelligence, but it may just be that those who have gone before us have another dimensional view of our probable future and know that full knowledge of our future is not in our best interest, which when you think of the ramifications, is true. As of course would be the case if we had full recall of past lives.

So, looking forward to your views , Sparky, and any others with something to say on the subject.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:05 am

Julian, thank you, and let me know here if you do start another thread. I am going to be busy and not have time to look over all new threads...

I don't see why a discussion about this book would be any more controversial than a lot of other things being discussed at this site.
If an after life could be proven, it would be much more important than anything else being discussed here!

thank you

Julian Braggins

Unread post by Julian Braggins » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi Sparky,
Just to let you know I have started a new thread "The Case for the Afterlife" on the "Human Question" forum, so far there have been no replies, but hopefully that is because I asked for any posters to read all of the Zammit compilation before replying, I don't want to deal with views that haven't considered facts that have been carefully accumulated since the 1880's by some of the giants of physics, and other undeniably impartial investigators.

Another couple of corrections to my previous posts here, the society name is "British Society for Psychical Research", which has a vast reading library in London,
and the number of pages in the "Cross Correspondences" is 12,000 not 2000, wow, no wonder it is not well known. It must be the longest double blind experiment ever run.

tolenio

Unread post by tolenio » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:51 am

Hello,

What happens to the waveform of an EM field as power levels drop...?

The lower the energy the longer the wave form stretches.

Some magnetic low energy waves can stretch many miles in a single oscillation.

Who is to say how that low energy field wave behaves when it encounters raw plasma. Does its magnetic orientation to the plasma draw in plasma "knock on" or repel the plasma "knock off".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3grPo81f ... 875196BF1D

As the human brain dies its EM field will obey this rule and its wave form stretchs out. Does it reach plasma in the magentosphere and does it interact?

Tom
"The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves." Gospel of Thomas http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html