Study: Magnetic Waves Alter Moral Compass

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

junglelord

Study: Magnetic Waves Alter Moral Compass

Unread post by junglelord » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:02 am

MIT Researchers Find That Magnetic Pulses Directed at Brain Change People's Ability to Tell Right from Wrong
A device that emits an invisible beam affecting a person's ability to tell right from wrong might sound like the kind of weapon a comic book villain would use to wreak havoc around the world.

Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology say such a device allowed them to observe the effects magnetic rays have on a person's sense of morality.

In a new study, volunteers were subjected to magnetic pulses just above and behind of the right ear, focusing on the area of the brain believed to be the area controlling morality. The pulses were intended to block cell activity that contributed to the volunteers' sense of right and wrong.

MIT's researchers explain the study in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

"You think of morality as being a really high-level behavior," Dr. Liane Young, the study's lead researcher, told the British Broadcasting Corporation. "To be able to apply a magnetic field to a specific brain region and change people's moral judgments is really astonishing."

To see what effect a 500 millisecond magnetic pulse had, researchers gave the 20 volunteers a series of tests. In one test, the volunteers were given an ethical dilemma: should a man let his girlfriend walk across a bridge he knew wasn't safe?

The volunteers based their answers on how the scenario played out. If the girlfriend crossed with bridge safely, the man wasn't at fault. The volunteers based their decision on the outcome of the dilemma, not the moral principle, because of the magnetic pulse, the researchers wrote.

In another test, volunteers were exposed to 25 minutes of weak electric currents that prevent brain cells from functioning normally. They then had to read stories about morally questionable characters and judge whether the characters' actions caused harm. Researchers found that the volunteers accepted morally dubious actions that resulted in a "happy" ending.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/ ... 7079.shtml
Brainwashing and the national news. Also how to read minds with magnetic fields.
http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo ... rt_2_of_3/
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

GaryN

Re: Study: Magnetic Waves Alter Moral Compass

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:40 pm

"You think of morality as being a really high-level behavior," Dr. Liane Young, the study's lead researcher, told the British Broadcasting Corporation. "To be able to apply a magnetic field to a specific brain region and change people's moral judgments is really astonishing."
We are only machines after all, so why would this be 'astonishing'? Lots of things can change how the brain behaves, and to believe that somehow the mind is some cosmic, spiritual, little piece of some imaginary God, is all self delusion. We are patterns of charge and vibration, nothing more. ;-)

Mechanism:
"I should like you to consider that these functions (including passion, memory, and imagination) follow from the mere arrangement of the machine’s organs every bit as naturally as the movements of a clock or other automaton follow from the arrangement of its counter-weights and wheels." (Descartes, Treatise on Man, p.108)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanism_(philosophy)
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

MrAmsterdam

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:57 am

We are only machines after all, so why would this be 'astonishing'?
Human beings as mechanical objects? Human beings as electromagnetic phenomena, that what I believe.

If you consider water, minerals and salts as an electric conductor the whole paradigm changes from a mechanical view to a electromagnetic view on things.

Water, salts and minerals are the subtances your body is made of. I guess such a substance will interact with all the frequencies in the EM, M and E fields. If so, I'm sure that biological evolution is using such - built in- mechanisms.

Does anyone here have experimental support for the claim I just made? What are the properties of salts, minerals and water as an electric conductor? What frequencies are involved?
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

Maddogkull1

Unread post by Maddogkull1 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:52 pm

From what I understand these magnetic waves simply just changed the person’s point of view on things. They did not say I would kill this person, or that "all" there morals just went away. People were just inclined to do things they might of not of done. Jeeze alcohol does that to anyone. Interesting, but I will be interested when those magnetic waves truly turns a human into a psychopath. Great Thread JL

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:08 am

During the events described in WiC armies were on the march. Brother was said to turn on brother. Hebrews were instructed by God to kill everything they came across, men, women, children, cattle. Magnetic waves may have been a factor.
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:49 pm

In a discussion of EM effects on the human mind and body, a friend mentioned Dieter Broers, who I had not heard of. Maybe 2012 will find us all 'out of our minds' through an EM 'high'? Let's hope it's a good trip.
These experiments convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that human cells and electromagnetic fields do in fact interact; and this may in fact be one of the primary reasons why I decided to write this book. These findings also opened my eyes to processes that were of fundamental importance for my own research in that I now had incontrovertible, empirical proof that electromagnetic fields have a direct impact on brain activity.
A short time later I stumbled upon another phenomenon that I couldn't get out of my mind: specific force fields and force field intensity levels induce perceptions that could otherwise only be induced by the administration of psychoactive substances. A normal geomagnetic field allows us to maintain a normal state of alert consciousness, including our sense of time; whereas a severely abnormal geomagnetic field or the absence of a geomagnetic field provokes abnormal mental states and a derangement of our sense of time. In other words the effect of geomagnetic disturbances is very similar to that of taking hallucinogenic drugs.
http://www.realitysandwich.com/2012_and ... sciousness
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

fosborn_

Unread post by fosborn_ » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:36 am

Interesting reading GaryN, I put in for the pre order on the book. It makes me want to get back into my meditations among many other reasons, to be more sensitive to enviormental changes that affect my perception of reality. So cool!

Thanks
Frank
The most exciting phrase to hear in science,
the one that heralds new discoveries,
is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'
Isaac Asimov

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi Frank, maybe you should get one of these instead of the book, and experiment? And how come a
device like this is legal if it alters your consciousness? Could they be banned if they became
popular?
http://www.shaktitechnology.com/winshak ... /index.htm

fosborn_

Unread post by fosborn_ » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:24 pm

GaryN wrote:Hi Frank, maybe you should get one of these instead of the book, and experiment? And how come a
device like this is legal if it alters your consciousness? Could they be banned if they became
popular?
http://www.shaktitechnology.com/winshak ... /index.htm
I was hoping you would buy one and loan it to me. :)
It looks like overuse, dulls the effect, so maybe its hard getting addicted.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science,
the one that heralds new discoveries,
is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'
Isaac Asimov