Proof for an Intelligent Creator and His purpose

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

andersbranderud

Proof for an Intelligent Creator and His purpose

Unread post by andersbranderud » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:05 pm

I hope you will find this text interesting.
According to science our universe (space-time) has a beginning (http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/9403004).This paper is written by the cosmologist Alexander Vilenkin of the Tufts university and Arvind Bonde.)

It is a fundamental law of physics (causality) that every physical occurrence in the universe has a cause. Since space-time has a beginning there was a first physical occurrence. Causality requires that the first physical occurrence had a cause. Causality and the fact that space-time has a beginning implies that this Prime Cause is non-dimensional and independent of space-time.

To conclude the above paragraphs:
Fact: No thing nor event in the known universe or laws of physics lacks a cause.
Assume: There is no Prime Cause (Creator).
Ergo: There is no universe.
Fact: There is a universe.
Therefore: the statement that was assumed is proven to be a false statement by reduction ad absurdum (proof by disproof).
(Since "There is no Creator" is proven false, the opposite is true: There is a Creator.)

Being logically consistent (orderly), our (to say perfectly-orderly would be a tautology) orderly universe must mirror its Prime Cause / Singularity-Creator—Who must be Orderly; i.e. Perfect. An orderly—"not capricious," as Einstein put it—Creator (also implying Just), therefore, necessarily had an Intelligent Purpose in creating this universe and us within it and, being Just and Orderly, necessarily placed an explanation, a "Life's Instruction Manual," within the reach of His subjects—humankind.

It defies the orderliness (logic / mathematics) of both the universe and Perfection of its Creator to assert that humanity was (contrary to His Torah, see below) without any means of rapproachment until millennia after the first couple in recorded history as well as millennia after Abraham, Moses and the prophets. Therefore, the Creator's "Life's Instruction Manual" has been available to man at least since the beginning of recorded history. The only enduring document of this kind is the Torah —which, interestingly, translates to "Instruction" (not "law" as popularly alleged). (Some of the text is a quote from www.netzarim.co.il)

The fact that the Creator is perfect implies that He isn’t self-contradictory. Therefore any religion, and all religions contradicts each other (otherwise they would be identical), that contradicts Torah is the antithesis to the Creator.

The most common counter arguments are answered here: http://bloganders.blogspot.com/search/l ... 0arguments)

Anders Branderud

StevenO

Re: Proof for an Intelligent Creator and His purpose

Unread post by StevenO » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:27 pm

Fact: words, logic and God's image as a man are all mere creations of the tiny human brain. :ugeek:
First, God decided he was lonely. Then it got out of hand. Now we have this mess called life...
The past is out of date. Start living your future. Align with your dreams. Now execute.

altonhare

Unread post by altonhare » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:44 pm

andersbranderud wrote:Since space-time has a beginning there was a first physical occurrence.
A first occurrence is a self-contradiction. A "first cause" is causeless, violating causality, contra hyp.
Physicist: This is a pen

Mathematician: It's pi*r2*h

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:13 pm

The fact that the Creator is perfect implies that He isn’t self-contradictory.
It has long been my understanding that, rather than being a state of ultimate attainment, "perfection" is a perpetual state of becoming.
It's all about perception.

redeye

Unread post by redeye » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:17 am

I know it's a bit glib but, who created the creator, cos if the creator did not require a creator then there is no creator required, y'know.

Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:24 am

After a quick perusal of the author's blog, it became pretty clear to me that this whole thing is little more than a pitch for his personal favorite flavor of religious dogma. The "logical facts" presented are riddled with assumptions and arbitrary, cherished belief-driven interpretations. . . not unlike the philosophical mindset of much of today's mainstream scientific community in general, and the astrophysics community in particular.

The opening assumption of "separation" - decidedly male creator over here, his creation over there - is the primary undercurrent that runs throughout. As I see it, another lingering vestige of the Saturn system break-up as the warring gods all departed for distant regions, leaving we humans battered, traumatized and "alone." I have long felt that our greatest challenge for the last several thousand years has been to overcome our collective, deep-seated, issues with abandonment.

. . . a-a-and I've wandered a bit off track. . . :roll: :oops:

With regard to "proofs," I feel they are tools best left in the legal and academic arenas for which they were designed. Such tools are of zero value in spiritual or philosophical arenas. 8-)

electrodogg1

Unread post by electrodogg1 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:11 am

Hi Andersbranderud,

Your assumptions and therefore conclusions have a theistic bias. I prefer a pantheistic approach, God and the universe are coextensive, i.e., God is the universe and the universe is God. They were not created and have always existed. You betray an Abrahamic out look (Jewish, Christian, Muslim). Eastern religions (notably Taoism, Mahayana Buddhism) are more pantheistic.

It's impossible for us to discover which is true or whether either of them is true.

ElectroDogg law #1 - An intelligent being who is part of a system cannot discover the laws governing the creation of the system of which he is a part.

If we live in an Electric Universe, which came first, the charge separation or the e-field? (Charge separation creates an e-field and and an e-field can create charge separation.)

Note that in English "chicken" and "egg" begin with the same letters as "charge" and "e-field".
Best,

David

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:54 am

electrodogg1 wrote:Note that in English "chicken" and "egg" begin with the same letters as "charge" and "e-field".
Heh, good one. . . and duly noted! :lol: