Consciousness

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

tolenio

Consciousness

Unread post by tolenio » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:54 am

Hello,

I have been thinking about the electric universe, the electric galaxy, and evern our electric solar system and planet.

I would like to offer this thought... I have condensed it into a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhmvpf-i ... annel_page

I may destroy "faith" but end up with something a lot more tangible and real.

Later,
Tom
"The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves." Gospel of Thomas http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html

Grey Cloud

Re: Consciousness

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:39 am

Hi Tom,
Excellent stuff. I just watched all your vids - top marks.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Tzunamii

Unread post by Tzunamii » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:04 am

tolenio wrote:Hello,

I have been thinking about the electric universe, the electric galaxy, and even our electric solar system and planet.

Later,
Tom
Great vid :)
I've thought along those same lines myself.
I find it "faith bolstering" more than anything, as the more I learn, the more I realize I dont understand.
Thanks again!

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:32 am

". . . magnetic fields can break the laws of physics."

Huh?? How so? And, by the way, what exactly are the immutable "laws" of physics? Seems to me that they are, at best and in any given moment, little more than consensus opinion based upon the current limitations of observation and imagination. But I readily admit that I could be mistaken.

"Magnetic reconnection is the process whereby magnetic field lines from different magnetic domains are spliced to one another, changing their patterns of connectivity with respect to the sources."

"Magnetic reconnection?" Would you be so kind as to elaborate on the mechanics of magnetic dis-connection? And "sources" - plural? Seriously - please elaborate on the dynamics of that too, as it's entirely possible I've missed some crucial elements of understanding here!

On second thought, never mind. Because from that point on, the viddy plunges into the skewed murky domain of Western religious rhetoric. And I don't say that from an atheistic position. I simply don't subscribe to, nor burden myself with, any fear-driven religious dogma. :roll:

Please excuse my apparent harshness here. It's the evil twin of my usual irreverant class-clown approach to life. What can I say... it's an affliction I endure; yin - yang and all that. :(
It's all about perception.

blank

Unread post by blank » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:48 pm

Great stuff. Thanks for the vid :)

mague

Unread post by mague » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:58 am

tolenio wrote:Hello,

I have been thinking about the electric universe, the electric galaxy, and evern our electric solar system and planet.

Later,
Tom
Dear Tom,

leave your "solitary confinement". You ARE part of the galaxy. You are not an observer, you are inside of it. Thats obvious, isnt it ? What you like to define as your consciousness is not yours. Just a drop of an ocean. There is no isolation and there is only one consciousness. And while your body will disintegrate some day in future the consciousness remains.

In my mother tonque and i do think in english there is no plural of consciousness. Thats because there is only one.
The border between you as an individual and the galaxy as an individual is virtual and basically a hallucination the ego creates to justify its own importance, which is just a low level of universal evolution aka hell.

Communication is not based on atunement. Its based on dropping the virtual walls. Once you are aware that you are part of the universe you can stop talking to yourself and just be and just know.

Magnetic fields dont create consciousness, consciousness creates magnetic fields. Pure and whole consciousness is the source of all existing.

Nope, there is no reason to loose faith.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi Mague,
Great post, thanks.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

mague

Unread post by mague » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:29 am

Grey Cloud wrote:Hi Mague,
Great post, thanks.
More stuff to read ;)

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:41 pm

If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord