Electricity of Fruit? (and plants in general)

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

CameronN

Electricity of Fruit? (and plants in general)

Unread post by CameronN » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:09 pm

This is perhaps a risky first post upon my acceptance to these forums, but I feel like this sub-category, which by the forum's own definition includes 'electricity of life,' is the best place to posit this idea. The overall issue of the electricity of life is IMO one of the most exciting yet deepest subjects for EU proponents to even begin exploring.

Before I share my simplistic thoughts a little background on myself. I'm a product designer by trade (i make stuff look nice, user friendly, and have good materials and colors like Jony Ive). I have very little rigorous scientific education apart from a few high school AP classes and only a single GE science class in university. Nevertheless, as a designer one of my strengths is visual intuition (love Bill Mullen's talk from EU 2013) and making connections between seemingly unrelated contexts. I definitely feel there is a lot more potential for visual connections, if only as a catalyst or jumping off point for actual experiment and conclusion.

The Idea to Explore:

How is fruit electrical?

What are the electrical properties, nature, and development of fruit growing on trees (IE an orange).

Connections I've made:

- Hexagonal structures in nature on all scales (molecules, beehives, crystals, Saturn, etc) - Fruit poles sometimes have a polygonal quality to them (Bananas, oranges, apples, Pineapple)

- Polar structure of fruit - most fruits have two poles, the stem-pole and the other pole. Are these in some way directly analogous to the detected hot and cold poles of planets and moons? The interior structure is also polar. While there are varieties of this theme it is fairly universal.

- The orange on my table has pores like the sun.

Thoughts?

Sparky

Re: Electricity of Fruit? (and plants in general)

Unread post by Sparky » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:00 am

"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

CameronN

Unread post by CameronN » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:18 pm

And I completely forgot about that somehow...=)

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:49 pm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2635006/
These propagating excitations are modeled theoretically as traveling wave solutions of certain parameter-dependent non-linear reaction-diffusion equations coupled with some non-linear ordinary differential equations.
:shock:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

CameronN

Unread post by CameronN » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:24 pm

I'm an industrial designer and frequent this popular design hub. Thought this was fun:
http://www.core77.com/blog/food/caleb_c ... 1.asp#more

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:49 pm

We waste tons of citrus fruit. A bushel of lemons should power a electrolysis for HOH to burn as fuel .... ;) Cheap gas.... ;) :D

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:54 am

CameronN wrote:This is perhaps a risky first post upon my acceptance to these forums, but I feel like this sub-category, which by the forum's own definition includes 'electricity of life,' is the best place to posit this idea. The overall issue of the electricity of life is IMO one of the most exciting yet deepest subjects for EU proponents to even begin exploring.

Before I share my simplistic thoughts a little background on myself. I'm a product designer by trade (i make stuff look nice, user friendly, and have good materials and colors like Jony Ive). I have very little rigorous scientific education apart from a few high school AP classes and only a single GE science class in university. Nevertheless, as a designer one of my strengths is visual intuition (love Bill Mullen's talk from EU 2013) and making connections between seemingly unrelated contexts. I definitely feel there is a lot more potential for visual connections, if only as a catalyst or jumping off point for actual experiment and conclusion.

The Idea to Explore:

How is fruit electrical?

What are the electrical properties, nature, and development of fruit growing on trees (IE an orange).

Connections I've made:

- Hexagonal structures in nature on all scales (molecules, beehives, crystals, Saturn, etc) - Fruit poles sometimes have a polygonal quality to them (Bananas, oranges, apples, Pineapple)

- Polar structure of fruit - most fruits have two poles, the stem-pole and the other pole. Are these in some way directly analogous to the detected hot and cold poles of planets and moons? The interior structure is also polar. While there are varieties of this theme it is fairly universal.

- The orange on my table has pores like the sun.

Thoughts?
Study the chestnut, the shell protects the seed, the shell has spikes, it draws in energy in to power the seed. The seed needs that power to grow when it is in the soil. The energy connects to above and below, so the seed can grow a sprout and roots, trees are balanced with respect to the energy above and below the ground, they are like electrical antennea just like we humans are.

The oak is holy, a big oak is holier, why? Because it has competed with all other seeds and the seed with the most power and the best place in the soil to grow wins out his peers, it grows on an energy grid focus point, allowing it to grow large.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -