Whole Body Vibration and Resonate Entrainment

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

junglelord

Whole Body Vibration and Resonate Entrainment

Unread post by junglelord » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:44 am

It seems that research has come back to this old idea.
Certainly anyone who has seen Cymatics in action would think that vibrational therapy is powerful at a fundamental level.
NASA and the Russians have used WBV for astronauts to keep bone from thinning!

Since I am a drummer and also have a stroke injury and a spinal cord injury, I can say that vibration is very important for recovery. I use drumming as a tool and a medicine and a spiritual healing. In fact drumming and strokes or spinal cord injury go hand in hand for recovery. Vibration Therapy and neurological conditions are complementary. It has huge implications for Parkinsons!
http://www.wholebodyvibrationmachine.com/research

Since I used to work as a medical professional, I had envisioned at one time a water table (Therapy Table like a small water bed), that creates WBV with transducers that work below audible range to introduce subsonic waves that would entrain the body to specific brain states. This would be accompanied by a standing acoustic wave with surround sound equipment from each corner of the room.

The visual system would allow visual entrainment, with a chromocolour field that pulsed or maybe a small screen with Mendolbot fractuals that responded to the two other systems. The idea was to induce a standing wave in all aspects.
Also to induce different harmonic biolgical windows.

I thought about this again yesterday after seeing how the sun vibrates the earth. Intersting how the fundamental of the sun is a harmonic of brain wave states.

This might awaken some internal understanding of a universe that is connected electrically as tension in a continual form and also has harmonic fundamental relaionships from every place at once via quantum harmonic resonance and quantum entanglement. This tensegrity system I just mentioned functions as a tuned coupled harmonic oscillator. Something a tensegrity system does naturally.

Chaotic entrainment is not of much use. But resonate entrainment is viable, is known as the binural beat for audio and whole brain entrainment. If you could use the proper harmonic fundamental, you could do wonders I bet. I am sure that it would be A 432! Why A 432? Because that is PHI. A 440 is not a good fundamental.

Here is a small list of some links. Pretty cool stuff.
Dr. Drum says take one hour of double bass drumming and Thomas Lang limb independence per day and call me in the morning.
:D

http://www.casapalmera.com/articles/drum-therapy/

http://healing.about.com/od/drums/a/drumtherapy.htm

http://www.primalconnection.org/Healing.html

http://www.drumforhealing.com/

http://www.drumtherapy.co.uk/

In the immortal words of Metallica
Everyone has got to have the sickness, cause everyone seems to need the cure!

Feeling down, or blue? Need some physical and mental exercise? Want to improve co ordination and your spiritual self?
Grab a drum and get playing. Its time to vibrate!
:D
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

mague

Re: Whole Body Vibration and Resonate Entrainment

Unread post by mague » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:43 am

I agree :)

Its know as knocking or rocking to me. In some cases it is very effective to fool trauma's. Usually we try to teach the autonomic nervous system with soft pressure or careful elongations to trust into the traumatized region again. Under certain conditions, usually very heavy and deep trauma's, the knocking fools the autonomic nervous system. Done in the right frequency the autonomic nervous system cant make up his "mind". It cant block and it cant open the traumatized area/spot and therefor you gain control. Under certain circumstances this is much better then to force painful movement of the traumatized body part. Very effective on stiff ankle joint's.

soulsurvivor

Unread post by soulsurvivor » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:01 pm

Brings to mind the Celtic dances.

I have never been talented in dance, but I joined a line dancing club after my first heart surgery. It was such a "happy" thing to do and felt wonderful to be light on my feet. I haven't danced since the stroke. I do play the piano though and love the feel of the vibration from that. Much of what I play is bluegrass gospel, old-time rocking piano stuff that has a definitive bass beat/rhythm throughout. I feel pretty good if I can make the piano lamp crash on the floor. :D

I love fiddles. My grandfather I never knew was a fiddle maker. I "trill" inside when I'm around good fiddle players and I cannot remain still.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi all,
If you want music that can take you places try Tinariwen, a band from Mali.
Music doth sooth the savage breast and all that jazz.

All is vibration. To me, religious ceremonies were originally designed to alter the consciousness so one could commune with whatever it is one communes with.
The ceremony is generally preceded by the taking of some form of chemical substance, then there is rhythmic music and body movement. It is also done in groups rather than as an individual enterprise. This is because the herd has a different or more easily manipulated vibratory frequency than the individual. All designed to set up a specific vibration which will result in an altered state of consciousness. Ritual magic or magick is essentially the same thing.
In Satya yuga we would have changed our vibration or consciousness at will, i.e. as an act of one's Will. By the time of Kali yuga things were not so good and it was down to singing and dancing. Well, we've done the hokey-cokey and we've turned around and are now back in Dwapari yuga. Different vibe coming. Everything in the Universe is singing the same song; in an infinite number of variations but it is the same song. Even us humans, even though at the moment we couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

soulsurvivor

Unread post by soulsurvivor » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:31 pm

I think spoken thoughts have every bit as much vibration as anything. I'm feeling quite the vibration from discussions on this forum and feel that I'm receiving great benefit. For myself, it's a feeling of deep gratitude that these topics are even being discussed in an online forum.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:59 am

Soulsurvivor wrote:
I think spoken thoughts have every bit as much vibration as anything.
Magic = thought + Will + word.
You think a thing; you exercise your Will (the creative act); you say the word (create the things vibration which creates the thing or makes it manifest).
That is how the Universe was created and that is how creation is maintained and carries on creating.
One of the reasons why the world is in such a mess is because most people have no control over their thoughts. Their indiscriminate thoughts and utterances are literally creating the mess as we go.
This is why the Greeks talked about Virtue. Right thought leads to right action which leads to right living which leads to the Good Life.
Vibration is consciousness (or mind) in action (male, pos).
Stillness is consciousness in inaction (female, neg).
That wonderful lady, Mother Teresa of Calcutta said that she was always being invited to attend anti-war rallies but never accepted the invitations. However, she said that if she were to be invited to a peace rally then she would have jumped at the chance.
The Universe is like a vending machine. It will dish out whatever you ask for. It will not discriminate or make a judgement as to whether that thing is good for you or not.

Your body is a small universe. It has a mind of its own but it is a one-track mind. It is only concerned with the physical body, its comfort and pleasure. This is the fox character (Honest John?) in Pinocchio. When it speaks it is urbane, erudite, intelligent and convincing. It can put forward a very good case for doing what it suggests. But its word are only sophistry and rhetoric.
You have a mind too. Your mind is very polite it will not speak unless invited to do so. It is not as loud or as fast-talking as the body's mind. Your mind speaks slowly, quietly and in a more homely style. This mind is really only the seed of a mind that has been planted in your body. This is Jiminy Cricket. Given the necessary care and attention this seed grows into the Blue Fairy. The Blue Fairly can banish the fox. The fox has no power over the Blue Fairy.
Mind controls body. Control your mind and you control your body. Control your mind and you control the vibrations.
The trick, obviously, is in controlling your mind. Tricky feller that but by all accounts it can be done.

Carry on.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:48 am

As a small intermezzo, the mentioning words and rhythm and Tinariwen reminds me of another piece of musical collaboration on DVD:

Le Rythme de la Parole/The Rhythm of Speech
http://welove-music.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... arole.html
Post various encounters and conversations, a new rhythmic form was developed, which accommodated voices from other traditions, while in continuity with the parental tradition.

A Persian, Indian and Malian world harmonized within an over-arching structural concept, which permits everyone to express themselves according to the rules and discipline of their own artistic tradition. As ever, the rhythm of speech has been drummed out through the fingertips and the hollow of the hand as new encounters, combinations and ways of accompanying have been explored in the course of numerous experimental sessions, concerts and discussions, culminating in the studio event of July 2005! And brought to life at l’Abbaye de Royaumont.

As the project got underway at Royaumont, the musicians worked with linguists. Kevyan Chemirani took, as the starting point, the metrical essence of each language in order to fit it to the singers’ breathing patterns. Rhythmical structures were revealed as motifs, tools, permitting easy passage from one musical culture to another. Basing itself on Indian and Persian verse, the work proceeded to a more complex stage in which Sudha Ragunathan searched for common modes of expression….modes not too far removed from each other, whether they are Carnatic, Persian or Malian!

This project has succeeded because it has spiritual dimension to it. During the course of this exeperience, I’ve had some very curious moments, as if ‘called’ by sound, especially when singing in the very uppermost registers. When I sang with Nahawa Doumbia and Ali Reza Ghorbani, our three voices melted through the sound into one. I lost track of the notes or the beat I just sang, as if propelled by cosmic energy and pulsation.”
http://www.sudharagunathan.com/travel.htm

Musical lectures for those who like Music.

Another book that touches on this subject in a way is -The secret lore of Music by Fabre d'Olivet. About the science and art of tone, a criticism on modern trivialization of music, the roots and constructs of the music of different civilizations and a call to reevaluation of music's nature and purpose, showing an art rooted in the same principles as the universe itself. Very nice and thought provoking.

***end of commercials*** ;)
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.