Simple Games for Science

Has science taken a wrong turn? If so, what corrections are needed? Chronicles of scientific misbehavior. The role of heretic-pioneers and forbidden questions in the sciences. Is peer review working? The perverse "consensus of leading scientists." Good public relations versus good science.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: Simple Games for Science

Unread postby Lloyd » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:14 pm

That's funny, Brigit, the Nite-Ox in Hi-Heels etc. I had tried making a little story for each ten elements, but I think the matching game is simpler and better. But it's worth experimenting.

You must be rich to have 19 sets of encyclopedias. I'd like to see video games that have role-playing a real or fictitious character include tests of knowledge as part of the game. It could involve playing a card matching game for a few minutes.

If you develop your castle elements game, let us have a look at it. Okay?
Lloyd

Unread postby Brigit Bara » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:19 pm

I am not able to show you just now, but when they practice drawing the table on paper with the right number of columns and squares, it looks like a castle. Didn't you ever notice that? (; Just add some flags on each end.

Then they fill in the chemical symbols they learned on your game, and poof! A periodic table. The girls did a bunch of them last week. So this is all with pencil and paper.

I am pretty happy with it but they need to work down just a little further on five or six groups -- 9, 10, 11, 12, 17 & 18.

And perhaps if I am successful my children will not grow up to be ditzes and dolts who want to ban everything.
Brigit Bara

Unread postby Zyxzevn » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:34 pm

http://universesandbox.com/

But with plasma and electricity.
More ** from zyxzevn at: Paradigm change and C@
Zyxzevn

Previous

Return to The Future of Science