An apparent flaw in Maxwell's equations

Has science taken a wrong turn? If so, what corrections are needed? Chronicles of scientific misbehavior. The role of heretic-pioneers and forbidden questions in the sciences. Is peer review working? The perverse "consensus of leading scientists." Good public relations versus good science.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

kasim

An apparent flaw in Maxwell's equations

Unread post by kasim » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:19 am

I noticed that there's an apparent flaw in Maxwell's equations while studying why Galilean transformations fail for Maxwell's equations. Apparently, Galilean transformations don't fail; it's Maxwell's description of the electromagnetic field description that's wrong i.e. Maxwell implies that its invariant in all frames of reference.

I learnt that if you move a magnetism detector in front of a static charge, it'll record a magnetic field and it's strength depends on the speed of movement and the detector's proximity to the charge. Also the polarity of the magnetic field will depend on which way the detector is moving. There are so many variables that the electromagnetic field cannot be invariant.

Einstein had proved that photons exhibit particle behaviour with the photoelectric effect. Louis de Broglie proved that moving macroscopic particles exhibit wave behaviour. I concluded that photons are particles that exhibit wave behaviour. I asked myself: what gives rise to the electric field component of the electromagnetic field? Once you know that, it's easy to derive the magnetic field component.

My answer is that the photon is made of 2 oppositely charged particles that are spinning in all directions i.e. unpolarised. The charged particles give rise to the electric field and the spinning makes the field alternate. Because the photon is moving, its electric charges generate the magnetic field. Now using the detector, we can conclude that the strengths of the electric and magnetic fields will depend on the speed of the detector relative to the photon. It means that if the detector is moving at the speed of light, it won't detect the magnetic field.

All this imply that light is subject to relativity just like Galileo implied. He actually said that everything is relative. This means we CAN use Galilean Transformations on Maxwell's equations because light is not invariant. I'm also sceptical about the speed of light being invariant in all frames of reference. It maybe constant in any one uniform medium in one frame of reference but it's relative to others.

So, Maxwell is either wrong or misrepresented. I bet on the latter because there's a lot of it about. I've now checked out the existence of quarks - another piece of misrepresentation of the alleged facts and found them wanting. Check out https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/682488 - The One Force of Nature for full details.