Thought police – on arXiv?

Has science taken a wrong turn? If so, what corrections are needed? Chronicles of scientific misbehavior. The role of heretic-pioneers and forbidden questions in the sciences. Is peer review working? The perverse "consensus of leading scientists." Good public relations versus good science.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Zyxzevn

Thought police – on arXiv?

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:21 am

http://www.iqoqi-vienna.at/nicolas-gisin/
"I strongly recommended my students to no longer work on general relativity and cosmology"
More ** from zyxzevn at: Paradigm change and C@

D_Archer

Re: Thought police – on arXiv?

Unread post by D_Archer » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:15 am

I think you should reverse it.

The paper is rubbish, i think arXiv is protecting itself from mainstream stooges to fill up their database with utter crap.
==

Edit: i thought it was about vixra... the paper is still rubbish, but arxiv is mainstream... maybe they are getting tired of bad science as well.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

Elder

Re: Thought police – on arXiv?

Unread post by Elder » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:03 am

I have read your post and it is very worrying. The war against understanding seems to be gathering pace! One hundred years ago there may well have been the same relative number of 'deniers' around at that time. However, the ways in which one could communicate were far less, and also slower. Therefore, it is possible one reads too much into the present days troubles. Having said that, one has to see that the BBC's 'science and environment' news, is broadcast worldwide. By broadcasting possible delusions as facts, they are damaging themselves and peoples perception of reality. I am finding it hard to trust any mainstream news or information these days.