Life Is Ruined For Me

Has science taken a wrong turn? If so, what corrections are needed? Chronicles of scientific misbehavior. The role of heretic-pioneers and forbidden questions in the sciences. Is peer review working? The perverse "consensus of leading scientists." Good public relations versus good science.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

mnemeth1

Life Is Ruined For Me

Unread post by mnemeth1 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:41 pm

I used to enjoy watching the Discovery channel.

Now I look at it like a red army propaganda network.

I kind of miss not knowing how the universe really works.

wierd?

Tzunamii

Re: Life Is Ruined For Me

Unread post by Tzunamii » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:38 am

I hear that man, i cant even watch Star Trek the same way anymore.
On a good note, this Week we "Find out how the Planets were Really made"!!!! :o :shock:
*pops some popcorn*

ColdCowboy

Unread post by ColdCowboy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:55 am

If it's on the Discovery Channel it must be true, right? They would never mis-represent scienctific data, or (gasp) seed lies into the school-age programming? Aside from "propping up" (yes pun intended :P ) the standard model of cosmology, I have caught on to the uber-propaganda laced into "Nature Documentaries" that are show to young kids and general audiences, that lays down a heavy guilt trip on anyone who doesn't recycle their sandals to save the planet. Humans are basically an evil curse on nature and (the big lie) are THE cause of global warming!!! You guys hate BS disguised as legitimate science, the shamless 'climate change' blitzkrieg currently in progress is a far greater threat to collective sanity than the adherence to the standard model of cosmology. The establishment is trying to convince people, mainly the young, that we need to drastically reduce our standard of living, pay more for food fuel and energy, accept unprecedented regulation and bureacratic red tape, and pay 'carbon taxes' to the save the planet!!! Actually, the carbon taxes will go to the UN and pay for more global bureacrats to run every aspect of our lives. Thankfully, the economic woes have dosed out enough pain to the masses that this insidious campaign of scienctific hokus-pokus is losing traction everywhere. Apparently common sense might still be common enough to stymie this conjob.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:40 am

Hi Coldcowboy,
That's why my motto is: Save the planet - shoot an expert. :D
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Agreed.

They just keep telling the same old gravity-only cosmological fable; only now with better graphics. I think that's where a lot of the disappointment comes in for me. Can you imagine what could be done graphically today with Birkeland currents in "dark mode" intersecting "dark molecular clouds", the Z-pinch dynamic forming stars, or electromagnetically interacting elliptical galaxies combining to produce the barred spiral or more symmetrical spiral galaxies (depends on the homogeneity of the plasma as to which type results. Along with explanations of how "charge separation" is already present in the dominant form of plasma etc., galaxies strung out like pearls on a necklace; "voids" wherein plasma has been evacuated forming "current sheets", massive multi light-year long plasma filaments connecting galaxies...

Now THAT! would be a real "The Discovery Channel" as opposed to the regurgitated slop that we keep getting.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:42 pm

Why single out the Discovery Channel? All tv is crap. I got rid of mine years ago.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

BullSchmutz

Unread post by BullSchmutz » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:11 pm

I stopped watching it because the science shows are now all theoretical. Very little real stuff on it anymore.

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:54 am

Grey Cloud wrote:...my motto is: Save the planet - shoot an expert. :D
Guess I'm glad I've never claimed to be an expert.

Disclaimer: The Thunderbolts.info forum does not endorse the actual assassination of experts.

Just saying... ;)

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:56 am

Solar wrote:They just keep telling the same old gravity-only cosmological fable; only now with better graphics.
To quote from Mystery Science Theater 3000 - The Movie:
"Turn up the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

rduke

Unread post by rduke » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:51 am

I too have this problem, the muscles in my eyes start to hurt because I am rolling them so much.

They always have to turn space science into this overly dramatic action packed examples of imagery.. "If you were to touch the atmosphere of Jupiter your hands would shatter from your body and splinter to your toes" kinda crap.

As for the Climate change issue...and the Banal evil of humanity..

Wait.. yes.. Humans are the most evil creatures on this planet by far... WE do massive damage to our environment.. Other Species.. and Ourselves... There is no debate on this... I mean you might not want to call yourself evil, and you may not want to take responsibility for the horrors... However.. We all get a slice.

Pouring Toxins into the ONLY atmosphere we have is stupid .. period. Polluting our only drinking water is suicidal..

I am not getting into a hissy regarding temperature fluctuations, as I think the state of the output of the Sun has alot more to do with it then anything, and I do not really feel confident that these "scientists" really understand these systems... However... The Co2 we produce is acidifying the oceans... and that is a horrifying prospect to me, and should be to everyone.

Continuing to produce energy the way we have been is as stupid as the universe has ever seen... There are much better ways.

So Cowboy.. We cannot continue on the path we have been on for the last 50 years...

Unless of course if the point of the universe and life itself is merely to keep you full of cheap energy and a lifestyle squandering that energy on frivolous garbage.

----------

EU/PU paradigm certainly holds some answers that the Conventional guys have not even developed the questions too yet...

It also is in my deduction holding many keys to our next 1000 years.

The real beauty is that there will not be anymore coal power plants once the EU/PU paradigm is in full bloom.

Although I am sure some idiot will still want to run a Carbon Nano fiber cable from the surface of the planet to space ...

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:16 pm

rduke wrote: Wait.. yes.. Humans are the most evil creatures on this planet by far... WE do massive damage to our environment.. Other Species.. and Ourselves... There is no debate on this... I mean you might not want to call yourself evil, and you may not want to take responsibility for the horrors... However.. We all get a slice.
Yep. Just listened to a story on the radio news the other day. Someone was bitten by a tiger or lion at a zoo or someplace. Nothing regarding the well being of the person - they just described him as ""A man..." - but the story did end by informing the listener that the lion or tiger was tested for any diseases that may be taken back to the pride. :evil:
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

rduke

Unread post by rduke » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:04 pm

One of those humans who thinks because the little kitty at their house is cuddly.. the big one in the zoo would be even more so.

We are certainly a dichotomy and a half ...

bdw000

Unread post by bdw000 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:50 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:Hi Coldcowboy,
That's why my motto is: Save the planet - shoot an expert. :D
I prefer Popper's idea (that goes something like) "there are no authorities, only experts."

Experts we need. It's the self-proclaimed authorities who are the problem.

Mallas

Unread post by Mallas » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:30 am

rduke wrote: I am not getting into a hissy regarding temperature fluctuations, as I think the state of the output of the Sun has alot more to do with it then anything, and I do not really feel confident that these "scientists" really understand these systems... However... The Co2 we produce is acidifying the oceans... and that is a horrifying prospect to me, and should be to everyone.
CO2 Does not acidify the ocean.

Please do not confuse CO2 with pollution - It is NOT a pollutant.

Without CO2 the planet would die. Excess CO2 only increases oxygen output.

Water vapour (H2O) [Clouds] makes up 90% of greenhouse gases. CO2 makes up about 6%. Man contributes less than 10% CO2 to the 6% total produced.

So man contributes 0.006% to the "green house effect". - Apparently this fraction is causing global warming.

I agree that man is somewhat a disease to this planet (yes Matrix quote) and the only cure is education.

In regards to pollutants, we have actually come a long way since the industrial age. Combustion engines these days output very little pollutants, industrial companies are no longer allowed to just spew their waste into our rivers and oceans. I am not saying there is no longer a problem, but it is much better than it was 20 years ago.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/
http://www.climatechangefraud.com

Both these websites have some great video links, I highly advise you watch this: http://www.climatechangefraud.com/content/view/100/211/ - This should be a real eye opener.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:21 am

"industrial companies are no longer allowed to just spew their waste into our rivers and oceans. "

That will haunt us for centuries....not decades.
The industrial military complex is all about death, stealing, lies, coverups, false flags, etc.
There is no honour at the top, just corruption.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord