Boiling point

Has science taken a wrong turn? If so, what corrections are needed? Chronicles of scientific misbehavior. The role of heretic-pioneers and forbidden questions in the sciences. Is peer review working? The perverse "consensus of leading scientists." Good public relations versus good science.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Sparky

Re: Boiling point

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:15 pm

If no evidence is against, the simplest solution wins - Occam's whatever,
errrrr, :? Occam's Razor, "One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything", does not mean the simplest wins. ;)

Actually, yours is not even a scientific hypothesis, as it can not be falsified. It is highly speculative imagination. ;)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

ranmacar

Unread post by ranmacar » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:10 am

Sparky, of course it is reversible - the electron in my interpretation is a fluctuation around the boiling point, a repeatedly expanding and collapsing Aether particle.

Boiling means changing from liquid to gas for me. There is no a>p>a transition. There is liquid Aether -> gas Aether -> liquid Aether. Plasma is what we call liquid Aether with abundant gas bubbles / enough energy that these can happen at any time. Gaseous Aether is what we call Mass.

The Meyl vortices are one source of inspiration. There are many similar. What it lacks for me is a reason why it keeps spinning - an expansion of gas might do that. Water expands ~1700 fold when boiled. Aether might do something similar.

EM through fluid dynamics + gravity through Aether pressure + quantum effects through phase-changing wave mechanics, that is my take on the universe :)

And stop with the name calling, of course it can be falsified :)
All it needs is data on the behavior of bubbles of boiling liquid in zero gravity. There are many fluid dynamics concepts that should apply to magnetism, as I state that magnetic field is a flow of Aether. Gravity should be affected through Bernoulli (flow vs pressure). Supercavitation already suggests that bubbles reduce drag in a liquid - what is the drag of a boiling gas bubble structure? I predict close to nothing.

kalensar

Unread post by kalensar » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:35 am

ranmacar wrote:
Boiling means changing from liquid to gas for me. There is no a>p>a transition. There is liquid Aether -> gas Aether -> liquid Aether. Plasma is what we call liquid Aether with abundant gas bubbles / enough energy that these can happen at any time. Gaseous Aether is what we call Mass.

This is the part that it falls apart for myself. Gaseous Aether as the Mass producer comes across more as an upside down notion, at least as I analyze it. This implies that a whole seperate Solid Universe in the form of Solid Aether is the rise for our universe where we are just the foam of a bubbling ocean on that Solid Aether Universe. It's not improbable by any means, but this what you get with a Boiling Aether hypothesis examined down to fitting it into place with all of Aether's phase changes intact; especially, when there is no known evidence for examples of liquid Aether or Solid to use as comparison.

ranmacar

Unread post by ranmacar » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Yes, that is exactly it, we are just the foam. But there is no ocean, everything is enclosed by the vast nothingness of solid Aether, with galaxies of liquid. Why should it be separate? It can melt, boil at any point. All you need is motion, energy. The Aether is still the same.

Several centuries of science culminating with Maxwell's Aether-based theory of EM is an example of liquid Aether. Solid Aether is my equivalent of dark matter - should the interstellar math not work out. Nothing you - a Gaseous being - can come to experience.
kalensar wrote: Gaseous Aether as the Mass producer comes across more as an upside down notion, at least as I analyze it.
Why is that? It answered a lot of questions for me. What more natural way is there that can create something out of Maxwell's uniform liquid, simply by adding energy?

kalensar

Unread post by kalensar » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:40 pm

ranmacar wrote: Why is that? It answered a lot of questions for me. What more natural way is there that can create something out of Maxwell's uniform liquid, simply by adding energy?
And the adding energy part has always been the fundamental question for any Cosmology. This is also the same question asked by the Electric Universe, "Where does all the energy/ electricity come from?" And the answer is that there is no answer known yet. It is a remaining unknown that partly conjured up the Big Bang to fix that one fundamental problem.

The best answer that Occam's Razor can give for support comes from Antimatter, another question tackled by the Big Bang that opened the doorway to parallel universe scenarios. We know that Antimatter is a substance because we can create it, though it is shortly lived. Sadly, Antimatter is so costly that it does not allow for large scale experimentation;, hence, we have to postulate based on what we have produced, and observed upto the point of Antihelium.

Because Antimatter does exist, it is not outside the realm of possibility that it is the clue to at least a parallel universe being present. This would be a prime source for production of the necessary energy to supply an Electric Universe. The premise would be an overlap of the two Universes with a free exchange zone; diagrammed, it would look like a simple sandwich. The Weird part is that they do not share space, that is, unless the virtual particle premise of quantum mechanics is the medium of exchange between the two universes.

This would also be in agreeance with your Boiling Aether hypothesis with the Aether being represented by the virual particle exchange medium between the two universes.

ranmacar

Unread post by ranmacar » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:32 am

kalensar wrote:And the adding energy part has always been the fundamental question for any Cosmology.
And it also was the first question asked in this thread :)
ranmacar wrote:What exactly this source of primal energy is I have no idea. The philosophical way out is consciousness, God, gods, you. We create structures, and channel our energy through them, that's our life.
Which would explain why evolution seems to break entropy - Life creates Energy.

But that has nothing to do with physics.
I don't like cutting your self with Occam's razor. And prefer a known unknown (consciousness) over a postulated (parallel universe).

For antimatter, the view I have is that in order for Matter to exist in the most effective manner, the wave structures in a location (say galaxy) become synchronized. To feed on resonance, which makes boiling possible with less total energy. That is why electrons are postulated as fluctuations of gas Aether.
Antimatter, then, is the same wave structure, but phase-shifted. That makes it highly unstable, as it is bombarded with interfering waves, which, eventually, cancel out.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:13 am

And stop with the name calling, of course it can be falsified
:shock: what name calling? :roll: how can your hypothesis be falsified? :?

It is all imagination. :roll: Bald assertions are not a valid argument.

The complexity created by boiling aether, in order to produce matter, is so great that if any matter or standing waves were produced locally, they would be over run by the chaos of the aether and destroyed .. There would be no order , no structure, no universe! :roll:
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

ranmacar

Unread post by ranmacar » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:22 am

ranmacar wrote:Sparky, of course it is reversible
Heh, I meant seasmith. Thanks for the input, if you can elaborate on Meyl, I'd appreciate it. As kalensar said, it is nothing now, we are refining the details for centuries :)

ranmacar

Unread post by ranmacar » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:45 am

Sparky wrote:how can your hypothesis be falsified?
By the all-mighty power of physical experiment of course, as all science is :)
I stated a lot of analogies with higher order physics, that should translate to sub-atomic level.