Secrets of the Aether, Questions and Answers

Has science taken a wrong turn? If so, what corrections are needed? Chronicles of scientific misbehavior. The role of heretic-pioneers and forbidden questions in the sciences. Is peer review working? The perverse "consensus of leading scientists." Good public relations versus good science.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Divinity

Re: Secrets of the Aether, Questions and Answers

Unread post by Divinity » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:30 pm

Birkeland wrote: You don''t have religious beliefs, but still you believe? Your reasoning is condradictory and nonsensical.

Ask yourself why this feels so provocative. Is it because you're not able to defend your position? If so: maybe you're dead wrong. If so: you can either continue to feel strongly about your beliefs or start to think. It's all up to you.

Is it useful and constructive to cling to beliefs that you're not able to defend in a rational manner?

OK, I'll ask again: Are you implying that I am trying to fit the physics around religion?

No, my belief is not a religious one. Did you read what I wrote?

No, the questions are provocative because most of them are theoretical or conceptual or philosophical questions which cannot be answered by either mainstream scientific theory or EU, to the questioner's satisfaction. I am quite willing to be proven dead wrong. But that's not the point. The point is this forum - what is the purpose of this forum?

Why are you here? To see the EU theory proven wrong or right?

Think about what? The meaning of pedantic philosophical ramblings, irrelevant to the Electric Universe theory?

Divinity

Unread post by Divinity » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:39 pm

Birkeland wrote:
It's all very well Junglelord being challenged (as he would be by mainstream science) but only if it's useful and constructive.
Is it useful and constructive to cling to beliefs that you're not able to defend in a rational manner?
Well, if you read my earlier post, you would see that I am the first to admit that Junglelord's theories and I quote:

Aether is a Quantum 2 Spin Rotating Magnetic Field that encapsulates Primary Angular Momentum and via Tensegrity forms Matter with resulting Quantum 1/2 spin.

PHI is the direct result and first Ratio produced by this arrangement as it Cycles.

are not the easiest to attack or defend unless you can visualise what he's saying.

My point was that Alton and Plasmatic (and perhaps you? I don't know?) want 100% rationality. The guys on the video want that too. It is conceivable that 'rational explanation' may not be applicable in a quantum universe, isn't it?

Is the famous Schrodinger's Cat experiment rational, Birkeland?

lizzie

Unread post by lizzie » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:52 pm

Alton Hare - how about if you give us your definitions of the following:

What is a field?
What is an Aether Unit?
What is an electron?
What is a proton?
What is the "Harmonic Code"?

You seem positive that Junglelord's theories are incorrect; so you must have your own theories.

You spend a great deal of time critiquing other people's theories; how about if you share your theories with us so we can respond in kind.
Last edited by lizzie on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birkeland

Unread post by Birkeland » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:54 pm

lizzie wrote:Birkland, could you please explain to us what Alton Hare is saying since you understand him so well.
First of all you have to identify what you don't understand, then it's not up to me, but up to Alton to try and explain what you don't understand.
"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see" - Ayn Rand

lizzie

Unread post by lizzie » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:56 pm

You are answering a question with a question. Please tell us why you think Alton Hare is such a clear thinker. I would like to see what concrete proof he has that the aether does not exist.
Last edited by lizzie on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Divinity

Unread post by Divinity » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:01 pm

Birkeland wrote:
lizzie wrote:Birkland, could you please explain to us what Alton Hare is saying since you understand him so well.
First of all you have to identify what you don't understand, then it's not up to me, but up to Alton to try and explain what you don't understand.
No. I think we are questioning why it is, precisely, you believe Alton has such a brilliant mind and why you think it's necessary for us to 'think' deeper, plus why it is necessary to defend our beliefs about an Electric Universe on an Electric Universe forum.

Birkeland

Unread post by Birkeland » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:29 pm

Divinity wrote:OK, I'll ask again: Are you implying that I am trying to fit the physics around religion?
I merely indcate that you sanction such nonsense.
No, my belief is not a religious one. Did you read what I wrote?
Yes I did. You are using religious terms in scientific context. That's a contradictory approach.
No, the questions are provocative because most of them are theoretical or conceptual or philosophical questions which cannot be answered by either mainstream scientific theory or EU, to the questioner's satisfaction.
It's not up to science to define philosophy - it's the other way around.
I am quite willing to be proven dead wrong. But that's not the point. The point is this forum - what is the purpose of this forum?
A forum can't have a purpose. Purpose is something that only relates to living beings.
Why are you here?
I'm trying to understand as much as possible of the one reality that exists.
To see the EU theory proven wrong or right?
That question implies that I allready have made up my mind - which I have not since we don't know yet. However: I find the EU/PC-theory to be the most plausible.
Think about what? The meaning of pedantic philosophical ramblings, irrelevant to the Electric Universe theory?
Remember: Philosophy comes first - then science, but not all philosophy leads to science. Some lead to religion and mysticism.
"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see" - Ayn Rand

Birkeland

Unread post by Birkeland » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:39 pm

lizzie wrote:You are answering a question with a question.
No question in my answer.
Please tell us why you think Alton Hare is such a clear thinker.
There are no contradictions in his thinking.
I would like to see what concrete proof he has that the aether does not exist.
I think the burden of proof swings the other way as we now speak of a positive.

Plasmatic

Unread post by Plasmatic » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:39 pm

plus why it is necessary to defend our beliefs about an Electric Universe on an Electric Universe forum.
Almost NOTHING you JL and Lizzie talk about even remotely resembles the E.U. published works. Apm,platonic solids,marrying spirituality and science etc etc.All of these things are completely the opposite of the spirit of the published works.

Like I said just because yall place the letters E.U. behind your mysticism doesnt make it so. Read the thread WAL THORNHILL AS HERETIC PIONEER youll see what his ideas on thi stuff is.
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

Birkeland

Unread post by Birkeland » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:43 pm

Divinity wrote:No. I think we are questioning why it is, precisely, you believe Alton has such a brilliant mind...
There are no contradictions in his thinking.
...and why you think it's necessary for us to 'think' deeper.
To eliminate contradictions.
Why it is necessary to defend our beliefs about an Electric Universe on an Electric Universe forum.
Beliefs has nothing to do with science.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:48 pm

Birkeland wrote:
Divinity wrote:Perhaps this forum is not the right place for you.
Listen carefully to what Eric J. Lerner has to say in the beginning of this video - now ask yourself: who does not belong on this forum?Alton is one of the few real thinkers on this forum, and it's sad to see that brilliant minds is not recognized.
Grey Cloud wrote:
I don't see anything there which precludes such as myself and Divinity from entering.

What gave you the impression of such implications?
The highlighted part.
...it is clear that you don't have the faintest idea of what he is talking about.
Is that an objective fact or just your subjective opinion?
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Birkeland

Unread post by Birkeland » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:51 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:The highlighted part. Is that an objective fact or just your subjective opinion?
Neither - it's a question.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:58 pm

Birkeland wrote:
Grey Cloud wrote:The highlighted part. Is that an objective fact or just your subjective opinion?
Neither - it's a question.
The part about who belongs on the forum was indeed a question but implicit in it was the suggestion that Divinity did not.
Your comment about me not understanding Alton was a statement. To which I asked the question as to whether it was an objective fact or a subjective opinion. You have not answered my question.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Plasmatic

Unread post by Plasmatic » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:01 pm

t would appear to me that Alton is on the forum promoting his string/thread theory. Usually, the moderators would have stepped in and reminded us "this is the EU theory, not the string/thread theory". Rather than asking the members here whether aether exists or whether existence exists, why doesn't he write to the authors?
This is pure hypocrisy. 90 percent of the threads in the bottom three have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with E.U. Particularly JLs "jazz","body building","bruce lee","milksakes","platonic solids",zome advertisments,his enumerated list of all those who have called hima "genius", ridiculing ad hominem,outright lies etc.You see youve been confused because you came here thinking that JLs nonsense was what E.U was all about, ITS NOT.

Its VERY simple,if you dont like Altons questions ignore them.Id be ignoring JL still if hed keep my name out of his posts. The whole point of the forum is so people can discuss the E.U [and now apparently alot more down here] APART from the "authors"[e-mail etc.].

TT is incompatible with APM and thats what you have a problem with. But E.U is incompatible with APM as well,ask Wal .The points Alton is making does not invalidate Plasma Cosmology. Only the idea of the necessity of an aether and to stress the need for an objective causal hypothesis.
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

Birkeland

Unread post by Birkeland » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:08 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:The part about who belongs on the forum was indeed a question but implicit in it was the suggestion that Divinity did not.
Alton was the subject of discussion. Divinity was not, other than whom did not understanding the subject in question.
Your comment about me not understanding Alton was a statement. To which I asked the question as to whether it was an objective fact or a subjective opinion. You have not answered my question.
First of all you then need to relate your question to the statement - which you did not. Secondly you need to clearify wich subject was in question: that was Alton. This means that your question is invalid since the premises lacks any connection to what I wrote.
Last edited by Birkeland on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.