X-1 Files (mass vs charge)

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Siggy_G

X-1 Files (mass vs charge)

Unread post by Siggy_G » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:25 pm

I found the article interesting and agreeing to the questioning, as with pretty much all TPODs. However, I'm wondering about this claim, which I've read before:
Mass is a property of matter, and there are indications that it varies with the net charge on a body.
While this is interesting, how does this explain the mass of the electron versus that of the proton? Both have the same (but opposite) charge value, but with significantly different mass. What kind of experiments confirm their charge&mass and which indicate the above claim?

meemoe_uk

Re: X-1 Files (mass vs charge)

Unread post by meemoe_uk » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah i didn't get that bit either. Also it didn't seem necessary.
The charged twin star hypothesis explains high attraction orbital forces that large hot stars seem to be subject to.
I haven't heard that charging an object changes its mass much, but its possible different electric environments change the gravitational constant. I've considered the 'dinosaurs were too big' argument.