gas giant color schemes

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

promethean

gas giant color schemes

Unread post by promethean » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:04 pm

TPOD 9/19/12 Planetary scientists are not sure what causes its red color. In fact, they are not sure why the gas giant planets exhibit unique overall color schemes. Optical instruments reveal that Neptune has a blue color, Uranus a green hue, Saturn a pale yellow aspect, and Jupiter a rusty red appearance.

ROYGBIV ?

Could it simply be a " placement in the field " issue ( the solar field ) ? :o
"History teaches everything,even the future." Alphonse de Lamartine (1790-1869)

promethean

Re: gas giant color schemes

Unread post by promethean » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:21 pm

OK , maybe not my most brilliant idea , but simply an odd observation ... or might the heliosphere govern this phenomena as well as Bode's "Law" ? How does the solar charge field change with increased distance from the sun ? :? Are the planetary orbits quantized ? :o Is this just crazy talk ? :shock:

promethean

Unread post by promethean » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:04 pm

9/14/12 Ray Tomes discussed NODES relating to orbit location in the thread "Nuclear Decay Rates Vary
With Earth-Sun Distance".(Electric Universe Board) . It's in the data ! So maybe it's not crazy talk ?

promethean

Unread post by promethean » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:30 am

promethean

Unread post by promethean » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:57 am

ok i will try again :Re: Martian sky
by Julian Braggins » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:02 am

Why is the sky blue? sounds like a simple question, but when you find various explanations it obviously isn't. Miles Mathis as usual has his own theories which involve his own version of the photon which solve more problems of light and colour than any other that I have come across. http://milesmathis.com/sky.html

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 am

Promethean, you may enjoy a read of this :)

How Gauss Determind The Orbt Of Cere's

http://www.schillerinstitute.org/fid_97 ... _ceres.pdf

promethean

Unread post by promethean » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks kiwi..."Although Kepler’s work in this direction is incomplete in several respects,
that harmonic ordering in principle determines not only which orbits or arrays of planetary orbits are possible,
but also the physical characteristics of the planets to be found in the various orbits. Thus, the
Keplerian ordering of the solar system is not only analogous to Mendeleyev’s natural system of the chemical
elements, but ultimately expresses the same underlying curvature of the Universe,
manifested in the astrophysical and microphysical scales."

Who'd a thunk it ? :)

303vegas

Unread post by 303vegas » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:03 am

Interesting thread...

re sky colour: it's not actually blue all the time. It changes colour throughout the day. Ever seen the dawn? ever seen the sunset? its shade isn't consistent. Perhaps at midday atmospheric refraction will compress the light frequency and shift it to the shorter, bluer shades and as the day progresses and the light has to travel through more atmosphere the frequency is stretched out producing progressively redder light. Just a thought.

As for planetary colour, would their distance from the sun have an effect on the frequency of the energy they recieved which may go some way to influencing their general hue?
love from lancashire!

promethean

Unread post by promethean » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:41 pm

If these planetary hues are dependent on field strength , couldn't the relative current be determined
by observation...(I'm assuming the radial field strength determines the orbits as well as predominate colors.)
If our solar system is approaching a Bennet pinch should we expect an increase in current density before
Z-pinch and would we see the gas giants change color ? :o :shock:

promethean

Unread post by promethean » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:38 pm

The mainstream still thinks the light of the gas giants is reflected from the sun...

http://www.slideshare.net/apoorvumang/a ... ectroscopy

How can this be ? :?

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:54 pm

hi promethean,
The mainstream still thinks the light of the gas giants is reflected from the sun...
Well, so do I. It seems that most of what we see of the gas giants is reflected sunlight. That's not excluding the possibility that some small portion might be a plasma glow, but by in large it is reflected sunlight. This can be shown by the fact that they exhibit a slight gibbous phase, as seen from Earth when the Sun, and the outer planet are appropriately positioned. The limb darkening on one side, seems to me, to prove that they are shining by reflected sunlight.
Of course a crescent phase for a gas giant is not possible to see from Earth due to their positions in the solar system, but a spacecraft could view one of the gas giants as a crescent.
Here is an image taken by the Cassini spacecraft of a crescent Jupiter. I don't see how this can be explained as anything other than the reflection of sunlight.
skyimage_2238_269175472.gif
skyimage_2238_269175472.gif (4.02 KiB) Viewed 17149 times
http://www.skyimagelab.com/cresjup.html

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:55 am

I don't see how this can be explained as anything other than the reflection of sunlight.
I just did a search Nick, and I find that light does not reflect off a gas. It seems there can be reflection from well defined boundary layers between regions of gas, but only when the angle of incidence is very low. Also, the colours that Cassini shows are arbitrary really, it can not see in colour, or not the colour we might associate with a camera that uses a Bayer type filter. Light and colour and vision, in space, is a rather convoluted affair, to say the least.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:17 pm

Gary,
The image from Cassini is of a crescent Jupiter...a crescent. That is because the darker portion is not reflecting the light from the Sun. The lit portion is facing the Sun. How else can the crescent be explained?

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:17 pm

This is the TPOD referred to in the original post on this thread, September 18, 2012:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2012/09 ... -hot-spot/

I do not see any statement or inference in the TPOD that supports the proposition that we see the gas giants by anything other than reflected sunlight. There is mention of the unresolved mystery of why each of the gas giants display certain color schemes. The TPOD is focused on the weather of Jupiter (and other planets) and its' electrical origins.

promethean

Unread post by promethean » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:14 pm

nick c wrote:This is the TPOD referred to in the original post on this thread, September 18, 2012:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2012/09 ... -hot-spot/

I do not see any statement or inference in the TPOD that supports the proposition that we see the gas giants by anything other than reflected sunlight.There is mention of the unresolved mystery of why each of the gas giants display certain color schemes. The TPOD is focused on the weather of Jupiter (and other planets) and its' electrical origins.
Thanks nick and gary for helping me .I thought this was a simple proposition based on a simple observation
of a possible prism-like effect at work in the solar system.Clearly I am in over my head here.
The chemical constituents of gas giant atmospheres make the colors right ?
So why an "unresolved mystery" ?