RSS Subscriptions?

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

runaro

RSS Subscriptions?

Unread post by runaro » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:42 am

Is it possible to get TPOD and Thunderblogs in an RSS feed? I think that having this capability would encourage wider circulation of these ideas.

Feel free to contact me if you need assistance setting up that kind of thing.

Runar

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Re: RSS Subscriptions?

Unread post by davesmith_au » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:13 am

runaro wrote:Is it possible to get TPOD and Thunderblogs in an RSS feed? I think that having this capability would encourage wider circulation of these ideas.

Runar
Giday runaro, and welcome.

Whilst it is quite easy to set up RSS feeds, it's not on our radar at present. We have the newsletter sent out every week to those who choose to subscribe, and the list is very large, and always growing.

The Thunderbolts site at present is receiving monthly visitors in the high five figure/low six figure numbers at present, and that's growing too. This forum added to the readership considerably, and now the recently launched Thunderblog is being widely read too. TPODs are a long-time favorite with many folk.

All in all we're doing pretty well at present, but we will keep it in mind and reconsider it from time to time. You're not the first to raise the point, nor will you be the last I expect, but thanks for the interest and your offer anyway.

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:13 pm

davesmith_au wrote:
runaro wrote:Is it possible to get TPOD and Thunderblogs in an RSS feed? I think that having this capability would encourage wider circulation of these ideas.

Runar
Giday runaro, and welcome.

Whilst it is quite easy to set up RSS feeds, it's not on our radar at present. We have the newsletter sent out every week to those who choose to subscribe, and the list is very large, and always growing.

The Thunderbolts site at present is receiving monthly visitors in the high five figure/low six figure numbers at present, and that's growing too. This forum added to the readership considerably, and now the recently launched Thunderblog is being widely read too. TPODs are a long-time favorite with many folk.

All in all we're doing pretty well at present, but we will keep it in mind and reconsider it from time to time. You're not the first to raise the point, nor will you be the last I expect, but thanks for the interest and your offer anyway.

Cheers, Dave Smith.
Yeah, I think I've mentioned it in the past as well... *cough* :D

While I also think it would be a useful thing (many people use RSS), I also think that the Thunderbolts Update is at least "good enough" for now. But RSS would be good too, eventually.

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

shonlove

Unread post by shonlove » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:24 pm

*Bump*

I'd love to have an RSS feed for TPOD! :)

Thanks,
Shon

Hern the Hunter

Unread post by Hern the Hunter » Tue May 22, 2012 11:49 am

I am a huge RSS user and I love that you have set up a feed for your WordPress site.

Two things, first, it would be awesome if it would generate using the full articles instead of just snippets ( I believe this is simply a preference in the RSS module).

Second, another simple preference switch on the forums to turn on RSS feed for topics and discussions. I am currently subscribed by email but it would be so much easier and nicer if I could subscribe to individual topics and discussions and aggregate them in my feed reader.

I love the site. I tell all my friends to come check it out.