Strange "shooting star" formation

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Strange "shooting star" formation

Unread postby Lims Tims » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:17 am

Hello strangers,

forgive me my bad english first, i am from germany and some days ago there was a strange formation of shooting stars (i call it that way) at the sky, i want to share it with you.

I like to watch shooting stars and some years ago i was lucky to see a big meteor shower.
I never seen before something similar to this thing i call "shooting star" formation at such angle falling down.
I never had seen such a zigzag anywhere at the sky before.
I made a basic drawing out of it and hand on heart, it's precise like it could be, from my point of view.
It was visible for 3-5sec. max and the "falling speed" was slower - related to other shooting stars.
It had same light intensity like lightning, but stayed there for a much longer time and all vanished at once.
I painted it, because i made a google search to find something related to it, but without "too much" phantasy included, i can not find anything about it.
Has someone an answer for me, what i had seen there?
Greetings :)

Lims Tims

Return to TPODs - Thunderbolts Picture Of the Day