The Basics - M. Acheson

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

seasmith

The Basics - M. Acheson

Unread post by seasmith » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:07 pm

seasmith

Re: The Basics - M. Acheson

Unread post by seasmith » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:17 pm

!
OOPS

This was meant to go on the TPODS board.
Moderator please move,
thankyou

Kuldebar

Unread post by Kuldebar » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:47 pm

Mr. Acheson is a man very clever with his words and more importantly with ideas about ideas.

I know the TBP folks are busy folks and not innumerable in number, but I'd love to see the day where TBP could have an interactive blog along the lines of Watt's Up With That?.

I'm not suggesting that the already overworked TBP team write up content on a daily basis, but the sheer amount of cosmology related news that comes in everyday just begs for some enlightened and brief commentary from one of the TBP team members.

I started a subreddit recently as a modest effort to sort of catalog various news topics which come up that I think have some bearing (pro or con) with the whole cosmology question.

In the meantime, I am more than ecstatic to await with fevered anticipation for each and every TBP Youtube video or EU Space News segment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Is not the space between Heaven and Earth like a bellows? It is empty, but lacks nothing. The more it moves, the more comes out of it. -Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Plasmatic

Unread post by Plasmatic » Tue May 26, 2015 11:05 am

Mel said:
So an energetic state, say, light, which you now think of as a subtle kind of rock, must exist as little pieces of something. Or waves of something. You can’t stop thinking in terms of “something.” You refuse to consider that it might be an artifact of your way of thinking.
Or the nominalist skeptics "refuse to think" that it is impossible to think otherwise... Or those who use imagination (very different from abstraction) to claim otherwise, refuse to learn what it takes to lay out an epistemology which could meaningfully express it....
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle