Global Warming in the Ice Age

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Bomb20

Global Warming in the Ice Age

Unread post by Bomb20 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:49 am

This was a very interesting topic (again) but the meaning of one sentence escapes me, (maybe) because it is not my mother´s tongue.
At that time the earth was very cold, for the Cold People of the north ruled the elements, and delighted in having cold winds blow over the Indian country all the time. Thus people suffered much, and constantly shivered.”

Sounds for me like the People of the North were delighted about the coldw winds but the next sentence reports they shivered all the time. Makes no sense to me. What did I miss in this strange wording?

Is anybody able to comment? Thank you in advance!

GrahamC50

Re: Global Warming in the Ice Age

Unread post by GrahamC50 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:53 pm

I think you should read the last sentence as "Thus people (everybody else) suffered much and constantly shivered (because the Cold People of the North ruled the elements)."

Regards at Christmas.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:04 pm

The TPOD:
https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2014/1 ... e-ice-age/
At that time the earth was very cold, for the Cold People of the north ruled the elements, and delighted in having cold winds blow over the Indian country all the time. Thus people suffered much, and constantly shivered
Bomb20 wrote:Sounds for me like the People of the North were delighted about the coldw winds but the next sentence reports they shivered all the time. Makes no sense to me. What did I miss in this strange wording?
The "Cold People of the North" and the later mention of the "people" who suffered from the cold winds are not the same group. The Cold People of the North are not human beings; this probably refers to the gods or spirits who ruled the weather and resided in the North. They caused suffering for the people (humans).

Bomb20

Unread post by Bomb20 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:28 am

I am trying now the third time to say thank you very much, Graham and Nick! I understand now. 8-)

I hope the system will accept this time my message.