Evidence of the Thunderbolts

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

rollin45

Evidence of the Thunderbolts

Unread post by rollin45 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:02 pm

I read with interest the Picture of the Day (July 26, 2014) and I thought I would like to go down into the areas mentioned (Capitol Reef, Shiprock etc.) and look for some sort of physical evidence of the electrical sculpting and formation of this geology. I live just a bit south of Salt Lake City and so it would be a simple matter to do a bit of investigating.

I am at somewhat of a loss however as to what exactly I would be looking for and at, as I've no expertise in this area and am somewhat new to this whole concept. I would very much like to hear from others as to what one could expect to find in the way of physical evidence, or some ideas as to possible evidence. I am thinking the forces involved here, must have left some other indications besides the formations themselves. Fused rock, ? or magnetic analomies or ?? I've lots of time and I have the means to travel there easily and wander around,, with some pointers as to what to look for, I would like to go take a look around.

any ideas??

best regards
rollin'

rollin45

Re: Evidence of the Thunderbolts

Unread post by rollin45 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:34 pm

So after a bit of searching online I've found there isn't a great deal of information to be had on fugurites, lots for sale... :D but some of this is of questionable provenence. Fulgurites it turns out are the signature of lightning strikes to the ground. Typically in soils which contain silica in any amount a tube or formation is created and the surefire way to identify them is glass, the silica is melted into a glassy substance. There are a number of types of fulgurites, but it seems not a great deal is known about them.. which is understandable as they are sort of " hit and miss" in location.

The glass in these is supposedly the only way to reliably tell some fossil formations (burrows) and concretations from the genuine article. It seems to me that if large areas have been electrically sculpted, it would imply glassy formations. Given the time frames involved, the actual fulgurites might not be present anymore, but I'm thinking there should be a large (er ??) percent of "glass" present in sands and soils in the areas.

I'm curious as to what others may think about this idea? As I say I'm new here and to the whole concept , but I am very much intrigued. It may be one could identify likely places to search by viewing the overall geography on say
"google earth" and then take a little excursion into the area and collect some samples. I don't have the expertise to do any analysis of a technical nature, but one supposes an examination under a microscope could give some hints as to the composition of the samples.

Any thoughts?

regards

rollin'

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:44 pm

hi rollin,

Have you considered TEKTITES?

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:10 am

I think the visual evidence speaks for itself, as I don't believe weathering can be shown to produce many of the features in the American West. It's just a matter of reinterpretation of what is seen. Even now, electricity may be altering the landscape, at a much slower rate than when/if the surface underwent much, much higher levels od electrical activity.
A good selection of images here:
http://www.alainthomasimages.com/Site/Photos_2.html

And can wind born dust mechanically sculpt those features? Perhaps with the help of electricity?
Blowing Desert Sand Highly Electrically Charged
(Applying the process to Mars surface)
He said the red planet's fields may be so strong that they produce sparks at the surface.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/01/14 ... y-charged/

One of the tell-tales I think I see is the rounded pebbles and cobbles in river, stream and creek beds, and the arroyos also have the same, but they are dry most of the time, and the slope very low, so rocks having been rounded by water and tumbling does not make any sense to me. As many of the rock types I find in my local stream beds are of a type that is not found locally, it is said that glaciers rounded them and brought them here here, and they ended up in the river beds. I believe they are formed and metamorphosed pretty close to where they are found, and the arroyo is a surface discharge track. Maybe you could examine the diversity of rock types and see if the same applies in your area?
It seems to me that if large areas have been electrically sculpted, it would imply glassy formations.
The diversity of possible effects is very large, and the glassy sand may only be found in locations where the conditions were just right. I have found and also been given samples of both amorphous quartz and both green and yellow glass, and these were found either at the summit of some local hills, or on sharp points of rock, where electrical charge will be the strongest, and clearly illustrate to me the presense of strong electric fields, but from a glow and not arc mode situation. Arcing shatters the rock, though I have found melt patches in and around arc discharge pits.
Lots to see out there that with a different, and I think correct interpretation, shows just how widespread those electrical 'storms' must have been.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

rollin45

Unread post by rollin45 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:03 pm

I thank you both for the thoughts and suggestions. I'd read briefly about tektites mostly with respect to the impact at the K-T boundary which currently is as near as I can gather the leading contender for the end of the dinosaurs. It hadn't occured to me that tektites could be produced by massive electrical discharge, but it certainly makes sense to me. I did a bit of searching and tektites are indeed found in the desert southwest and if I'm lucky enough to trip over some, I may have a chance of finding some :) . At least I have an idea of what to look for, which is a better situation than I was in a week ago.

I am looking forward to doing a bit of exploration in this country with a new perspective, I've wandered much of this country through the years, but I've always been more interested in getting from one spot to another rather than looking in depth at what is right in front of me.

I've read a bit of geology about the Colorado Plateau , Robert Fillmore a professor of geology at a school in Colorado has written a couple of books and these have pretty well guided my thinking up until this new way of looking at things has presented itself. As I say I'm re-reading some of this material, and I'm looking forward to taking a look with a new perspective.

Once again I thank you, and I'm hoping for some more suggestions and possible insights, ... I apologize for being such a " newbie" , but better late than never... lol.

regards
rollin'

601L1n9FR09

Unread post by 601L1n9FR09 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi Rollin,
Gary always impresses me with his thoughts and posts.
Nick always has good advice too.
I am kind of surprised Starbiter hasn't weighed in on any of this so far.
I just passed through Utah a month or so back and the Wasatch Mountains made me think of him.
Take lots of pictures. Place items in the frame for scale, coins, hats, spectacles or something easily recognizable.
Like you said, isolate the areas on google earth so we can see where the pictures are taken.
Looking forward to seeing what you find :D

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:25 pm

601... wrote:

Like you said, isolate the areas on google earth so we can see where the pictures are taken.
Looking forward to seeing what you find :D

DITTO !

Rollin,

I get out that way myself from time to time, and would be happy to try and corroborate your observations.

s

Regulus

Unread post by Regulus » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:38 am

In a conversation over dinner with Wal Thornhill recently he pointed out that the 'Red Centre' of Australia could be Martian in origin. The vast stretches of red sand that covers 1000's of square kilometres are a major feature of Oz tourism. Wal's comment of touring Mars, Australia got me smiling and thinking.
Uluru is a huge red erratic boulder that may not be 'local' either.

Trev
Couer de Leon

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:52 pm

Why there is so much iron oxide on the surface of Earth or Mars doesn't fit with planet formation theory, it should all have sunk to the core if planets were a molten ball at one time. South africa is also covered in red dust, and Vancouver Island here also has lots of hematite, magnetite, and high grade banded magnetite deposits. Thats why I believe the iron came from CMEs, very large ones, and the finding of iron in those mammoth tusks, which they attribute to meteoritic origin, is also more likely to be of CME origin.
Some of the tusks are peppered with hundreds of the fragments, which had burnt grooves into the bone. All the pieces entered the bones on the skyward surfaces of the tusks and skull.
http://www.nature.com/news/2007/071212/ ... 7.372.html
"We think that the micrometeorites came from an air-burst of a meteor 30,000 to 34,000 years ago,"
I think it was from a CME, and that such an event may also have been responsible for the electrical/plasma modification of both the Earth and Mars surfaces. There are rock surfaces in my area that exhibit what I can only think must be from ion implantation, the surfaces being from redish-brown to almost black, very hard and smooth, but only very thin.
Heavy Metal Skins
Coatings of iron, manganese, copper, zinc, nickel, mercury, lead and other heavy metals on rocks in natural and human-altered settings Described by chemical composition of the film
Iron Film
Composed primarily of iron oxides or oxyhydroxides; unlike orange rock varnish because it does not have clay as a major constituent Ground patina, ferric oxide coating, red staining, ferric hydroxides, iron staining, iron-rich rock varnish, red-brown coating
http://alliance.la.asu.edu/dorn/Varnish ... Basic.html
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller