It's such a shame we waste so much technology...

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

BuckeyeKeel

It's such a shame we waste so much technology...

Unread post by BuckeyeKeel » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:13 am

just readin some of thesurfaceofthesun.com, and read a sentence that made me kinda upset.
...from many satellite images to fully support the ideas I am presenting, but by no means have I provided all the video that is available through the Rhessi, Geos, YOHKOH, SOHO's or TRACE websites. These kinds of groundbreaking technologies set the stage for significant scientific breakthroughs. This is the kind of cutting edge scientific research that makes new ideas possible in my opinion.
Bold added for emphasis...as much as I understand that they'll help bring issues to light in a way that science can no longer refute, it's so frustrating to know how much $-and potential-is put into this, and know how closed-minded all the new information is going to be interpreted. Rather than advance our understanding, it seems they seek more to confirm their prediction by doing whatever it takes to allow gravity to explain.

Thinking back to an Astroengine story I read today, what do you guys think re: lack of sunspots recently? Think it has more to do with the Sun itself or with the energy source? Just curious on your thoughts w/ this

Grey Cloud

Re: It's such a shame we waste so much technology...

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:32 am

Hi Buckeye,
I don't know what's causing the lack of sunspots but it's effect here in the NW UK are plain to see. Plain grey to be exact. Looking out of my window (at 3:30pm) I cannot see the sky, only cloud. To be fair, it is a slightly brighter shade of grey than it has been for the last few days. This has been one, miserable, grey, wet summer in a part of the world which is not exactly famous for its glorious sunshine. We have a joke round here that says we can tell when its summer because the rain gets warmer. It's not quite so funny this year.
Still on the up side it proved the experts wrong. Earlier this year they were predicting that the Arctic ice would disappear completely due to the hot summer they were anticipating. :roll:
Grey Cloud in the land of, well, grey cloud.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

SciRPG

Unread post by SciRPG » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:20 pm

Drop in solar activity has potential effect for climate on earth.

The sun has reached a milestone not seen for nearly 100 years: an entire month has passed without a single visible sunspot being noted.

The event is significant as many climatologists now believe solar magnetic activity – which determines the number of sunspots -- is an influencing factor for climate on earth.

According to data from Mount Wilson Observatory, UCLA, more than an entire month has passed without a spot. The last time such an event occurred was June of 1913. Sunspot data has been collected since 1749.
http://www.dailytech.com/Sun+Makes+Hist ... e12823.htm

An interesting item on the topic of lack of sunspots.
Does anyone have some theories on why this is happening? Is our Solar system entering a region of space with change in plasma medium? or Are we receiving more umph from the centre of our Galaxy?
Will we finally have an overwhelming change in view on climate change?
Will we finally see more EU science funding?
1913? Hmm so close to a big war era... are we about to see Electromagnetic influence of History about to repeat???
~~Richard K~~
3D SciFi Illustration

redeye

Unread post by redeye » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:57 am

An interesting item on the topic of lack of sunspots.
Does anyone have some theories on why this is happening? Is our Solar system entering a region of space with change in plasma medium? or Are we receiving more umph from the centre of our Galaxy?
Will we finally have an overwhelming change in view on climate change?
It's a tricky question because we don't really know what sunspots are. I used to think they were evidence of flux tubes between the sun and the planets, a little like the red spot of Jupiter, although I'm less convinced of this now.

I can't help thinking this is evidence of a drop in potential difference between the sun and the planets causing there to be less energetic activity between them.

I think you're right when you suggest this change is caused by our Solar system moving into a different area in the Galactic medium.

I'm not convinced we are seeing changes in our weather patterns due to these changes in the sun, but I can only comment on the weather in my area, you'd have to compare data from all over the world to make that sort of call....and we have members from all over the world.

One last point. I was speaking to my father the other day and , he was telling me that when he was a boy (early sixties) the Northern Lights were clearly visible from Dunfermline (just North of Edinburgh). This is certainly not the case now.

Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley

substance

Unread post by substance » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:52 am

redeye wrote: I can't help thinking this is evidence of a drop in potential difference between the sun and the planets causing there to be less energetic activity between them.

I think you're right when you suggest this change is caused by our Solar system moving into a different area in the Galactic medium.
If there was a connection between the sunspots and the sun`s interaction with planets, wouldn`t a spotless sun cause big climate changes on all planets? Temperature drops, etc?
My personal blog about science, technology, society and politics. - Putredo Mundi